Lesson 13

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 13 -

 

TAEYEON's POV

I couldn't contain my relief and happiness, and I walked quickly to the cafeteria. I was in a daze, a trance, and I suddenly wanted to tell Jonghyun all about the confrontation between me and Mrs. Jung, even thought there wasn't much to tell.

She didn't give me much emotion, but I knew that her reaction wasn't harmful or mad, so that was all the good I needed.

I walked into the lunch room, seeing Tiffany, Jonghyun and some other guy sitting at a table and I joined them. Tiffany looked at me first and spoke, "Why did Mrs. Jung hold you after class?"

I couldn't tell her the truth, and I glanced at Jonghyun, seeing him smiling devilishly, I shook my head, "Uhm, she just wanted to make sure I was settled into school. See if I needed any help with tutoring or anything."

It was a nice lie, and it sounded very reasonable, and she seemed to buy it. Jonghyun's face held amusement, and I kicked him under the table, making his eyes look up at me.

I got food and ate quickly, and soon enough I was on my way to work.

My day really consisted of a few customers and homework I needed to complete for tomorrow. It was already almost Wednesday, and I knew this payday was going to mean a lot.

I would start decorating my new room with this money.

I was slowly saving, and I was making almost 200,000 a week, which was 800,000 a month... I couldn't save all of it though. I needed to buy groceries, food for school, and just in case mom wanted to bail out, I would have to pay the rent.

Mrs. Choi was consumed in looking for new Science Fiction novels and left me alone for the rest of the day. I sat at the front counter most of the time anyway, hoping that Mrs. Jung would walk in, and every time someone passed I noticed.

I wanted to talk to her, I wanted to see her, hear her... but why?

Why was I so infatuated with her?

She was engaged anyway... she was straight... even though the letter didn't seem to phase her one bit.

Hell, she probably got that all of the time. She was a total babe, completely unique and down to earth, love letters were probably a daily thing.

This one just caught her attention because I was a girl.

It didn't make sense to me, she seemed so calm, so unaffected by this letter. She didn't get mad that I did it, she didn't bring up my uality because that was an obvious give away... but it was almost like, it made her day.

She continued to smile in the conversation, and she never once got mad at me. Although, she did get a little curious, and my mind continued to linger on the thought of her.

There was so much more about this woman that I was missing, and I was eager to find out.

 

_______

 

Days started to pass slowly, nothing significant happening through the week. Mrs. Jung and I didn't have much interaction with each other, only during class when I decided to participate. I was starting to get impatient though, and I felt as if I needed to do something to grab her attention again.

But I was definitely not doing anymore love letters.

My mom had gone out last night, she was still not back and it was Thursday evening. I knew she was going to be gone for a couple of days, and this made me worry. What was she doing all this time that she was "out"?

I tried not to let my mind linger, and I stirred my noodles that were currently cooking over the stove. I was attempting to make pasta, and I heard the timer go off, indicating the pasta should be finished cooking.

I strained them, throwing them back into the pot and mixing in spices and cheese, along with my grilled chicken I had also cooked.

I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter