Lesson 27

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 27 -

 

After the interaction with Taeyeon, Monday, I hadn't talked to her since. The days began dragging on and the school year started progressing. The feelings I had for Taeyeon remained hidden but every day, it got harder and harder for me to stay quiet. Some days were easier to restrain myself from her, and other days...it seemed nearly impossible not to ask her to stay after class with me.

 

I also found that over time, she and Tiffany were getting quite...friendly. Their body language showed that they were very comfortable around each other and the other day they were actually holding hands. It really shocked me but then again, I couldn't act surprised...nor jealous.

 

Because Taeyeon needed to be with someone her age.

 

Although, I did feel extremely jealous and that was something I couldn't control. It's not that I didn't like Tiffany because she was my student and I was an adult, but I was just sad that she and Taeyeon were starting to get closer. I knew little to nothing about Taeyeon and her personal life, and I had known her well for over a month before Tiffany...

 

It was getting close to Chuseok break and I knew I wouldn't be able to see Taeyeon for a week and this depressed me. Tyler was getting ready to leave to promote his plan and he claimed that when he came back, he wanted to talk about wedding plans because he wanted a summer wedding.

 

And I can only agree to it.

 

He would leave the day after Chuseok and would be gone maybe until Christmas or later.

 

I still don't know.

 

All those lonely cold nights in that big house, alone, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

 

It was Thursday afternoon, sixth hour was just about done and tomorrow they would all have a free day because after thid Friday, we would have the weekend and a week off. So why would I give myself some grading to do over that time?

 

Maybe because I had nothing better to do...

 

Taeyeon hadn't even glanced at me today and to be honest, it kind of broke my heart.  I hated how I missed her. I hated how I ruined her heart when I was supposed to be someone who helped her. Even her journal entries have been quite depressing lately... I wasn't supposed to be reading them, though.

 

I had a policy in my class that if you didn't want me to read your daily journal, you have to put "Do not read." at the top and I wouldn't read it.

 

But Taeyeon was an exception.

 

I hadn't read today's entry but I was looking forward to it as I flipped through third hour's folders.

 

Then I came across her name.

 

The question for the day was, "What are the things you think are beautiful?"

 

"Beautiful meaning, "Having qualities that delight the senses especially the sense of sight. Beautiful can have many different meanings and qualities to different people. Beautiful can be  a sunset setting over the horizon while you lay back on the beach, letting the iridescent colors reflect off of the ocean waters. Beautiful can be a person, a place, or it can be the thought of a perfect family. In my opinion, beautiful is something that can not only be seen, but felt within oneself. Love of a mother towards her daughter is beautiful. Love of a father towards his daughter is also beautiful. I used to know what beautiful meant, but now, I'm not really sure."

 

I felt my heart lurch at her moving words, they actually made me want to cry a little. I folded her folder shut. The journal had to be at least a paragraph lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter