Lesson 16

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 16 - 

 

TAEYEON's POV

It was Sunday night and my mom was still "out", but to be honest, I didn't care. I was still upset with her, then at the same time I just felt bad for her. She was lost in her fantasy world that contained , money, and drugs.

How could I hate someone who already hated themselves?

The weekend had given me time to cool down though, and I was grateful that my mom hadn't come around because she would most likely ruin that.

I had just finished eating, and I was taking a shower, letting the hot water run over my body as I washed my hair. I couldn't help but think about Mrs. Jung. She looked so pretty today, and I wish she would have been alone so I could have told her hey.

Then I heard the door to the apartment open, and close slightly.

I rolled my eyes, knowing it was mom, and I wasn';t even planning to leave my room for the rest of the night. I stepped out the shower, dampening my hair and brushing it out, letting it dry into its natural waves. I slipped on some sweats and a loose muscle shirt, heading to bed.

I heard mom in the kitchen, she was probably fixing her something to eat, not even realizing I was the one who was putting it there.

I climbed into bed, curling up under my new sheets that smelled so nice and comfortable. It was warm, and I began to wonder why mom didn't take care of me.

She had inheritance from grandma, the one that passed from cancer, she had extra money from my dad's wealth he acquired. So why did she house me, but never paid one of attention to me? She paid the rent just so I could live here alone pretty much.

But why?

Did this mean she actually cared about me? Even though she hadn't told me she loved me in over two years?

I knew the love was somewhere buried deep down in her heart, but it couldn't be strong love. If she really loved me, she wouldn't be like this. Addicted to drugs, leaving me for days on end to fend for myself.

Soon enough my eyes couldn't remain open, and I felt my eye lids close from their heaviness.

 

______

 

Monday morning came quickly, and I groaned as I got up. I didn't really feel like going to school, but I knew I would get to see Mrs. Jung, and this got my mood going.

Maybe something new was going to happen today.

I dressed in some new jeans I had purchased from Hongdae Market, they fit rather nice and I checked myself out in the mirror. My body was starting to fill out again. The weight I had lost was now coming back, and instead of weighing merely 97 pounds, I now weighted 110.

I was underweight for my size and age, but not by much. The walking I did everyday really helped my legs, I had to book it to school and work so I got a nice workout everyday.

So I was also kind of in shape.

I wasn't sure what this day had in store for me, but I was excited to find out.

I threw my bag over my shoulder, heading out the door towards school. I expected Mrs. Jung to pick me up, or at least pass me on the street but she never did. This made me wonder if she was okay. She passed me every morning...why not this one?

I arrived at school, thinking that maybe she was just running late today. Her alarm could've been off, and she could be on her way right now.

I was just hoping she was actually coming to school today.

 

_____

 

I was waiting to be released, Jonghyun was still asleep next to me on his desk, and I'm pretty sure that was his drool on the desk.

Then the bell rang, and he jumped up, nearly scaring the out of me. He looked at me, wiping his mouth, "Did I sleep through the entire period?"

I nodded, still trying to slow my heart rate down, "Yes...you did."

He slapped his face, and stood, walking out the door and next to me. He bumped my shoulder, "So, how are you and Mrs. Jung?"

He was making a joke, but I rolled my eyes, "Jonghyun, nothing is going on b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter