Lesson 18

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 18 - 

 

TAEYEON's POV

The bell rang, dismissing kids to lunch, and as I packed my homework into my bag, I looked back at Mrs. Jung. She was still grading, and I'm pretty sure she didn't even realize the bell had rang but then finally she looked up, and her eyes caught me.

She wasn't going to mark me tardy, but I would have to stay after class with her, and this was something that was a little strange to me.

I stayed at my desk, not really knowing what else to do because I didn't know what was going to go on this entire 40 minutes. Then I heard her voice ring out, "You can come sit over here, I have things I need you to do for me. But first," she looked up, and our eyes met, "Close my door."

She wasn't asking me, she was telling me, and I knew I needed to respond quickly. I got up, closing her door and joining her at her desk, seeing paper everywhere.

She handed me a stack of papers, labeled "6th hour" and she gave me a red pen and the answer key. "Start grading."

What was wrong with her today? Why was she in such a ty mood? Was it because she was really busy and stressed out? Or had something happened at home to make her like this? Was it her fiance?

I couldn't help being curious, but I did as I was told, going through the stack of papers and grading them just like she had asked me. It was easy, and I had never done this before, but I liked it. Her desk was big, and fitting two people at it held no problem.

But every once in awhile our arms would brush, or our hands would touch, and it would make my heart jump to my throat.

And I wondered if it did the same for her.

And my eyes traveled over to her legs, even though she had jeans on, they still looked completely amazing. Then something else caught my eye, and as I glanced at it I realized it was a bruise. Her wrist had a hand mark on it, and I became defensive all of a sudden, and I wanted to ask her.

It bothered me for awhile, and soon enough I couldn't hold it in anymore. I spoke, "What's on your wrist Mrs. Jung?"

She stopped grading, looking at me, and she smiled, "It's none of your business Taeyeon."

She was being a about it, of course, and I felt my mood fall. I nodded weakly, "Just trying to help" and I returned to grading papers.

I hadn't looked at her the rest of the time I was there, but I was hoping she felt like because she deserved to. I was trying to help, and she had no reason to get snappy and sarcastic with me. Why was it okay for her to ask questions about my family but it wasn't of when I mentioned her bruise?

The bell rang, and I shoved the graded papers towards her, picking up my bag and heading toward the door. I wasn't going to tell her bye. I didn't even want to look at her because I was so mad at her. I heard her voice then, "Taeyeon..."

But I didn't turn around, and I opened the door, letting myself out, and slammed it behind me.

 

________

 

I was glad that I had brought m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter