Lesson 20

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 20 - 

 

MRS. JUNG's POV

Days began passing and as the year progressed, I found Taeyeon's mental presence in the class kind of... wandered off. I would catch her staring at my lips or my body during a lecture instead of her, actually taking notes... and I didn't know whether to be annoyed with her... or flattered by her.

She was something, I could tell you that.

It didn't matter how many times she daydreamed in my class, she would still pass her tests with flying colors, and I had to admit...

I was extremely impressed by her knowledge.

Her first month of school with me was magnificent, and she actually had the highest grade in all of my senior classes. I didn't have an easy class, but it wasn't hard either. If you worked and did all your assignments I gave... you would pass.

And Taeyeon was doing just that.

Sometimes she would come in, her mood would be off and I would be able to tell right off the back. It was the days I knew to avoid her, because I didn't want to offend her. I was afraid to invade her personal life, and two weeks ago I had plainly established I didn't want her in mine while she was spending lunch detention with me.

Even though I kind of wanted to confide in her.

Tyler hadn't laid his hands on me since, although I could probably count on one hand how many times I actually saw him in the last two weeks.

There was something sketchy going on with him.

My mom was calling, being nosy as usual asking me if we had been wedding planning yet. I wish I could tell her I didn't want to get married to Tyler. I just wanted to tell her everything, but I knew I couldn't. I knew I couldn't confide in my own mother because she was so judgmental, and if I told her about my diminishing feelings with Tyler... well, she would make me feel bad.

So I was avoiding my own mother too.

I hated my relationship with my family. I love hated my relationship with Tyler, and I was confused about my relationship with Taeyeon.

I walked out into the Mid-November weather, feeling the coldness wrap around me. I smiled at the feeling of this. I was happy it was getting colder, but as I pulled my scarf tighter around my neck, I remembered Taeyeon.

She walked in this.

I hopped into my car, warming it up and speeding down the road. I saw her, her head tucked in her hood like it usually was on cold, blistery days, and I pulled over. "Taengoo, hop in."

She opened the car, and I had never seen someone get into a car so quick. She looked at me, "Thank you."

I smiled, continuing on my way to school. Picking her up had actually became a usual thing. I just didn't pick her up everyday of the week. If the weather was bad, I picked her up. If it was cold and windy, I would pick her up then too.

And occasionally I would visit her at the library, making sure I made it there just before they closed so I had a perfect excuse to bring her home.

It was sad though, because I had still seen no sign of a guardian figure when I would drop her off.

Did she have parents? An elderly grandmother? Was she living alone? I knew she wasn't 18, so she couldn't be living alone... it was impossible.

So where were her parents?

I pulled into the teachers parking lot, realizing we were a little early, and I looked at her, "I hope this carpool thing between us isn't frowned upon."

She shrugged, smiling devilishly, "I don't see why. It's just a nice teacher helping out one of her students... right?"

She was smirking at me, and it was times like these when I didn't know how to read her. I didn't know if she was just being funny... or if she was flirting with me. Usually I could tell, but she did it so discreet it was hard to tell.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter