Lesson 25

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 25 -

 

TAEYEON's POV

 

I guess I should've expected this to happen. Me and Mrs. Jung were never going to work. She was my teacher, and I was her student, and I couldn't be mad at her no matter how hard I even tried. She had a point. She could get into so much trouble for what I pulled in her classroom...and in my kitchen.

 

I continued on my way to the library. I would be early but I didn't care, I didn't want to stay at school.

 

I thought back to all the hateful things I said to her, and suddenly I felt bad. It was word vomit, and I was upset so I couldn't help myself...but I knew it really hurt her. I could tell by the look on her face that I had struck a million nerves when I mentioned Tyler, and how he didn't love her...and I realized I must've sounded like a complete .

 

Maybe I was one.

 

Maybe it was best if me and Mrs. Jung never spoke again, because it seems that all I did was upset her with my words. She had me wrapped around her finger, and I had only known her a month. I never got attached to anyone, and now she comes along and everything changes.

 

It's not fair.

 

I've gone four years without a problem, people coming and going out of my life without a blink from me...and now I was falling for my English teacher.

 

Go figure I would fall for someone I couldn't have.

 

It was cold but I didn't care. I blew smoke out of my mouth as I panted towards the library and made it up the front steps. I opened the door, shutting it quickly behind me, and I walked to the back office where I expected to find Mrs. Choi.

 

She was sitting at her desk, typing away at the computer when she looked up, "Hey Taeng, you're a little early."

 

I smiled, nodding, trying to hide the aching pain inside my chest, "Yes, I skipped lunch at school..."

 

She tilted her head, "You shouldn't do that sweetie. You need to eat."

 

I shrugged, "I'll just eat when I get home."

 

Although I knew we were running low on food, I would find something. Besides, it was payday.

 

She handed me my check and smiled, "You're really accumulating some money, Taeng... It intimidates me sitting in that desk.

 

I popped the secret desk drawer open, taking out my bag and putting in the paycheck I had just received. I shrugged, "You know I can't usea bank..."

 

She sighed, "I know..."

 

I rolled the book cart out and began saving books, and I started thinking about Mrs. Jung again. I couldn't help myself, I knew I couldn't be mad at her for trying to play it safe, but it hurt. I kissed her, twice, and she went along with it...so I had a little bit of a reason to be upset.

 

But she was scared, and I was too, and I was being selfish. She needed her job, and I didn't want to be the reason she lost it...

 

That would just be the icing on the cake.

 

 

-----

 

I was sitting at home, and I hadn't eaten yet, but really I wasn't that hungry. Thoughts of Mrs. Jung still swarming through my head, then the phone rang. I already knew who it was because it was 5 and Tiffany was right on time.

 

I answered, "Hello?"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter