Lesson 9

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 9 - 

 

TAEYEON's POV

I didn't bother to look back as Mrs. Jung fussed at us, mostly because my face was red, and I didn't want her to see that.

Me and Jonghyun were actually arguing about the assignment though.

He dared me to write a note to Mrs. Jung, confessing my love to her, but I wasn't in love with her. I just thought she was absolutely amazing...especially with that car ride to school.

I didn't want to bail out, so I began writing quickly, my handwriting didn't look the same because I was rushing so hard. I wanted to finish it before class, show Jonghyun, and throw it away after I fakely "turn it in to Mrs. Jung."

It was a dare that I was going to try to pull off without actually pulling it off.

The letter didn't have to be long, but since Jonghyun had conditions, I had to meet them. I actually wrote what I felt, so it made the dare easier, and soon enough I was through my first paragraph. Making this letter sound believable wasn't hard because I was just writing how I envied her.

Because that part was true.

I loved how she was always so dressed up, and how she had such a nice fashion sense. How her brunette hair was always perfect, and how good she smelt when she would pass next to me.

I didn't know her personally, and I hadn't been in her class enough to actually compliment her teaching, but I was going to try.

I loved how she was a sweet, considerate teacher, referring back to her giving me a car ride to school this morning.

I found myself actually enjoying writing this, getting all of the feelings out of my heart and onto the piece of paper in front of me. I didn't even realize I had completely lost track of time while writing it, and Jonghyun got my attention, telling me to let him read it.

I felt stupid for actually going through with this, and how I was going to get a zero on this assignment because I didn't want to be called a wimp.

Because I was nothing like that.

I finished it up and I glanced at the clock, seeing only five minutes left of class. There it was, one full page of adoring words to Mrs. Jung. I slipped it silently to Jonghyun and he read it over, laughing to himself. I felt my face blush, and I couldn't believe he was laughing at me...

He was so mean.

His giggling was now a little louder, and I turned, not seeing Mrs. Jung anywhere near her desk. I began to panic, and the last thing I wanted was her to pass and order Jonghyun to hand over the letter that I was supposed to throw away after class.

I whispered, "Give it back so I can put it in my folder."

He pretended to wipe his fake tears away and he nodded, "That is amazing. Please turn it in."

I rolled my eyes, leaning over and almost grabbing it when Mrs. Jung appeared in front of me. She held out her hand, "Give it to me."

My heart fell, and I looked up to her, she looked so intimidating...but so y at the same time. She was holding out her hand still, and I swallowed, "But I'm not..."

"Hand it over Miss Kim, I'm sick of you and Mr. Jonghyun interrupting my class."

I clenched my jaw, swallowing hard and gripping the piece of paper in my hand. There was one of two things I could do, I could give it to her and ruin every day for the rest of this school year, or I could refuse, and possibly get written up.

Then without realizing what happened next, Mrs. Jung took the paper from my hand, along with my folder, and then the bell rang, dismissing us to lunch.

I watched as she strutted to her desk, slamming the folder down along with my paper, and I wanted to cry. I needed to get that paper back...but it seemed almost a lost cause. There was no way I was going to steal it from her...

I stood, not wanting to leave the paper on her desk, but she looked up, annoyance clear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter