Cha Hakyeon

Return

Overworked. Malnourished. Dehydrated.

That was what the doctors said about Hyuk's condition. 

And now the maknae is here, lying still on the hospital bed, receiving whatever treatment he's supposed to receive with both Hongbin and Ravi loyally staying by his bed. 

"I'm sorry. "Ravi says suddenly, breaking the suffocating silence that fills the room. "I should've kept an eye on him but I was too caught up in my own job. "He admits. 

Hongbin glances at him before huffing loudly. He's upset at that same aged friend of his, he really is. But he knows what done is done. Scolding Ravi now wouldn't make any difference to Hyuk's condition so he just kept quiet. 

Seeing that Hongbin refuses to respond to him, Ravi sighs before standing up from where he's seated. "I'll go buy us some drinks. "He murmurs half heartedly as he makes his way out, only to bump into a sturdy body. 

"What happened? "Leo, who just arrived, looks completely horrified at the sight of Hyuk on the hospital bed and Ken who's next to him, doesn't look any better. 

Ravi swallows heavily as he feels like the question is directed to him. "Hyuk... he's... malnourished... And overworked and--"

"But how can that happen? Where were you? Didnt you--"

Leo's nagging is stopped when Ken grabs his arm, lightly shaking his head. "Don't add to their stress, hyung. "He advises and Leo sighs as he makes his way to Hyuk's bedside before gently caressing the still unconscious maknae's head. 

"I thought my heart is gonna burst when you called me and said that Hyuk collapsed. "Leo complains but before anyone could respond to that, a head suddenly peeks into the room; N's head.  

"Taekwoon, Jaehwan, you only have an hour. We need to leave after that. "N says and was about to just walk away again but Ken stops him. 

"You want to see Hyuk too, don't you? "He asks in a flat tone and N stops in his track, hesitance evident on his face. 

"Can I? "He whispers. 

"Only if you tell them who you really are. They deserve to know. "Ken says and N sighs before finally looking up at Hongbin and Ravi. 

"I... I'm Hakyeon. Cha Hakyeon. "

Ravi blinks and Hongbin looks uninterested but when they finally register N's words, their eyes widen. 

"You! Cha Hakyeon! You're the one who made Hyuk suffer all these years! "Ravi yells accusingly and eventhough it hurts to hear that, N just nod. 

"Yeah. That's me. "He admits and there's rage on Ravi's face as he charges towards N but before he could actually land a punch, Leo stops him. 

"Not now, Wonshik. We'll hear his explanation first. There must be a reason why he did what he did and there must also be a reason why Hyuk is so attached to him. "

Ravi growls, glaring at N but he still listens to his leader. 

"Can I... see Hyuk now? "N asks timidly and Hongbin immediately gives way for him to do that. 

N approached the bed and gently takes Hyuk's hand in his. "I'm sorry, Hyuk-ah. "He murmurs, sounding so regretful that it makes the rest of them curious. "I didn't... I don't know I mean that much to you. I thought... you'll eventually forget about me if I hide myself. "He says and to his surprise,Hyuk's hand suddenly twitches. 

Hyuk's eyes open and his gaze lands on N. "I'm hallucinating. "He blurts out, smiling bitterly before closing his eyes again. "I miss you, Hakyeon-hyung. I wish you don't hate me. "