Memory

Return

Hyuk couldn't do much. He's still very weak so he only manage to speak up just another words or two and acknowledge Leo and Ken's presence before he falls back asleep. 

And all the while, N just stand quietly at the side of the room, barely daring to breathe. Hyuk has thought that he's merely an illusion so he's keeping it that way. Being able to see him is just enough. 

 

 

On their way back to the base, the atmosphere in the car that N is driving is quiet and tense. Ken just keep staring out of the window, same as Leo but to their surprise, a sudden sob breaks the silence. 

"Why are you crying? "Leo asks monotonously and N quickly try to wipe away his tears. 

"It's just sad... Seeing Hyuk like that. "N choose to admit truthfully because well, it's not like he can lie anyway. "The Hyuk that i remembered... he was so strong. So full of passion. "

"And who are you to talk like you know him that well? You left him. You're probably the main reason why he's like that. "Leo says accusingly and N doesn't deny. 

"I know. But he was... he is very precious to me. And I left so that he can live. "N mumbles, not caring whether Leo and Ken heard him or not. 

"Whats that supposed to mean? "Ken interrupts. "Every year, when we celebrated your birthday, Hyuk always told us that you're the reason he's still alive. But he never explain what he meant. Just what sacrifice that you do for him? "He demands. 

N smiles bitterly at that. "Hyuk died, Jaehwan. Your maknae was dead for 2 days. But I exchanged my life for his. "

"That's nonsense, N! You can't just exchange your life with someone else's! You're not God! And Hyuk never died! If he did then we would've remembered it! But we dont, so no such things happen! "Leo refuses to listen to such ridiculous thing and N chuckles. 

"I'm not God, but I'm not really human either."he whispers. 

"What?! "

N shakes his head, sighing. "You knew. You knew everything but all those things were erased from your memories. That's why you don't remember me. That's why you don't remember Hyuk being dead. That's why you don't remember blaming me for his death. That's why you remember nothing, Taekwoon. "

"Who--you're crazy, N! No one can erase anyone's memory! That's just--"

"I can. "N interrupts bluntly. "I can erase your memory. And I can bring it back too. "

"If you're telling me the truth then give me back my memories! Prove to me that you're not lying! "Leo demands and the car N is driving comes to a sudden halt. 

"Do you really want that? Do you think you can live after knowing the truth of everything? Will you stay sane if you have two memories of the same incident? "N's eyes shines blue as he stares at Leo and Leo gulps heavily, in shock due to N's appearance and the unexpected question. 

"I don't think so, Taekwoon. You'll probably lost your mind. "