Brother

Return

"Worthless?"Hyuk echoes. "What do you mean? "

"Follow me. " the angel says and defeatedly, Hyuk stands up to follow him, where he's eventually lead to the emergency staircase at the end of the hallway. 

"What--"he was about to demand the reason why the angel brought him there when be hears it; the sound of sobbing, N's sobbing. "Is that... Hakyeon-hyung? "He asks, peeking inside the doorway of the staircase to see that indeed, N is there, leaning heavily against the wall while sobs rack his body and there, in the floor, lays countless of bloodied feathers. 

"Stay here. " the angel orders before he himself walks into the doorway, making his presence known to N. 

 

 

Sensing another presence, N looks up to see his angel friend staring at him and without even thinking twice, he throws himself at him, wanting even just a little comfort. 

"It's my fault, isn't it? It's all my fault. "N sobs. "If only I listened and stopped interacting with them then this wouldn't happen, right? They'll still be happy and smiling, right? This all happen because I'm too selfish, right? Because I'm not able to let them go for good. "he babbles, blaming himself for all the bad things that are happening. 

The angel doesn't deny N's words though because they both know it's the truth. N's own disobedience is the cause of all these mess. If only he hadn't returned to his charges, they'll continue living just fine, except for Hyuk maybe, but the others will not suffer like they do now. 

"You shouldn't hurt yourself. That's very disgraceful of you as an angel. " the angel says, gesturing towards the bloodied feathers all over the floor. 

"Am I though? Am I really an angel when all I do is ruin everyone's life? "N demands, angrily wiping away his tears. 

"Are you questioning destiny now? " 

Hearing the question, N immediately pulls away from the angel. "I'm sorry. "He apologises. 

"You need to remember that your charges are mine now. You shouldn't be too attached to them. " the angel reminds and N drops his gaze. 

"I know. "He admits, the reality of having his precious charges 'adopted' away from him striking him once again. 

"Then why can't you trust your own brother? As their guardian angel, you know it's my job to ensure their happiness. Why can't you have faith in me? " the angel demands and N snaps his head to look at him. 

"What... what are you going to do? "He questions but the angel refuses to give a proper answer. 

"Please stop weeping and do your job, Cha Hakyeon. I'll do mine right here so you don't have to worry too much. "

N blinks but he obeys. He was about to leave when the angel suddenly grabs his hand, making him confused. 

"Whatever happens, we're brothers, right? " the angel asks, suddenly sounding very small and hesitant and N nods. 

"Of course. "He assures and seemingly satisfied, the angel lets him go. 

"Thank you. "

 

 

A/N People say, a writer's writing reflect their mind and I never really believe it before but now I think it's funny just how true that is. 

Anyway, what do you want to happen next?