Ring

Return

Leo and Ken are having their first meal of the day in their base's dining hall along with the rest of their troop members when N finally appears. 

"Good morning, guys "He greets them all as usual before taking a seat right in front of Ken, smiling slightly at him before he starts digging into his own food. 

Ken returns his smile and was about to resume eating when something familiar on N's finger attracted his attention. 

"Hyung , can I see your hand? "He requests spontaneously and N raises his eyebrow before extending his hand for Ken to see. 

"Is that... our friendship ring? "Leo, who wasn't paying much attention suddenly asks as he notices the ring N is wearing, which is somewhat very similar to the ones he and Ken are also currently wearing. 

"It's the same right? I thought these rings are exclusive but how can N-hyung have it then? "Ken mumbles and N, who finally realises that he has pretty much exposed himself, quickly retracted his hand. 

"Where did you get that from? Did you buy it? "Leo demands, suddenly very suspicious.

"... Someone gave it to me. "N says hesitantly. 

"Someone who? Hyuk? You were talking to him the other day at the cafe. Do you know him? "Leo continues to persist, refusing to just accept N's simple answer. 

Hearing his hyung's question, Ken frowns. "Did our Hyuk give that ring to you? I mean, we know he always have two of that ring but whenever we asked him he always said that he's safe keeping it for someone. Is that someone you, N-hyung? What is your relationship with our maknae? Why did he gave you the ring that is supposed to symbolize the friendship between our members, VIXX members? You're not even one of us. "

N swallows heavily, realising that he's now cornered. "I... yeah, your Hyuk gave this ring to me. He was... my dongsaeng. "He answers truthfully because well, he can't really lie; can he?

"Was? "Leo echoes. 

"Yeah, was. "N nods. "We... lost contact over the years and now... I don't think he wants to see me as his hyung anymore. "

"Who are you, actually? We've been with Hyuk since he's a teenager, we basically watched him grew up and we knows very well each and every person he associated with. But he never mentioned you. I know you're not his family member so who are you to him? "Leo demands when Ken suddenly interrupted him. 

"Wait, hyung. "He says, turning to face Leo. "There's just one person associated to Hyuk that we never knew. We just know his name but we've never met him neither does Hyuk ever told us who he really was. "

"Hakyeon. "Leo blurts out without thinking because that's exactly who Ken was talking about. "Are you, Cha Hakyeon? "He asks, staring at N and when N's face turns deadly pale,he knows he's right. 

N is Cha Hakyeon . 

He's the person whose birthday they celebrated every single year. 

He's the person Hyuk cried for in his sleep.