Know

Return

"When are you going to tell me? "Hyuk demands the moment Hongbin step into his hospital room that day. 

"Tell you what? "Hongbin asks back, voice soft and scratchy from the lack of rest after having to take care of both of s alternately. 

"About Wonshik-hyung. "Hyuk deadpans and Hongbin freezes. "Don't tell me you're only going to tell me after he died. "He accuses venomously and Hongbin feels a pang in his heart. 

"He's not going to die! "he denies quickly. "He just... just... "

"Just what?! "Hyuk bellows and Hongbin flinch. 

"He's just... going to lose his legs. "He informs and Hyuk stares at him. 

"Really funny, hyung. "He says, rolling his eyes but Hongbin weakly shakes his head. 

"I'm not lying. He crushed his legs in the accident and there's no way to salvage it. They... they're going to do the operation tomorrow. "He informs. 

Hyuk goes silent, just keeping his gaze on Hongbin's face with a look of disbelief. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just don't want you to get stressed up since you're still recovering. "Hongbin apologises and Hyuk sighs, its not like he was mad. He was just disappointed although he know Hongbin hid it for his own sake. 

 

 

Hyuk doesn't know what to expect when he finally comes to visit Ravi but what he doesn't expect is to see N there, just standing by the rapper's bedside, watching him as he sleep. 

"What are you doing here? "He found himself asking and N looks up at him, startled. 

"I... "He starts but Hongbin interrupts. 

"N-hyung helps me take care of Wonshik. "He says, smiling at N who smiles back. "Also, we knew he's Hakyeon-hyung. The one you always talk about. We don't know what happened between you two but I hope you can make up. "

Hyuk, however, ignore what Hongbin said as he just stare straight at N, his own face a mixture of sadness and relief. And perhaps a little bit of anger. 

"Hyuk... "

"Didnt you say that we're no longer your responsibility? Why are you still here? Why don't you just disappear like you intended to? We mean nothing to you now, right? "he demands, angry tears suddenly springing into his eyes. 

N stays silent. He knows Hyuk isn't really angry at him, the maknae is just frustrated more than anything. 

"Hyuk! Don't talk like that! N-hyung has only been helpful to us! "Hongbin scolds and Hyuk smiles bitterly.

"I know that. "He whispers, wiping his tears away. "He's an angel after all. "He says. 

"I'm sorry I upset you. I didn't mean to. I just--"N tries to reconcile with Hyuk but the maknae shakes his head. 

"I don't care about that, hyung. I... can you help Wonshik-hyung? Please? I know you hate me but please, he doesn't deserve this. You can even take my life as exchange. "He offers and N widens his eyes in shock. 

"Hyuk, no! "He refuses immediately, raising his voice but immediately regretting his action when it causes Ravi to stir and wake up. 

"Hyukie... "Ravi calls out, reaching his hand out for Hyuk in which Hyuk quickly approaches him, grabbing both of his hands tightly. 

"I'm here, hyung. I'm here. "

"Hyukie.... help me please? They... they're going to take my legs...how can I perform if they do that? Please don't let them do that; Hyukie. I beg you... I swear I'll be good. Just don't take my legs away. "Ravi babbles and Hyuk realises that the hyung of his really isn't in his right mind. 

He bites his tongue, trying his best to contain both his tears and his sobs. Ravi doesn't deserve to see that, he's already miserable as he is. 

"Hyukie, please... you'll help me, right? You love me, don't you? You won't let them cut off my legs, will you? "Ravi pleads and Hyuk fails. 

His dam of tears finally break and he turns back to see N, his eyes more desperate than ever. 

"Hyung , please... help Wonshik-hyung. "