Contact

Return

"Hyuk, I'm not exactly human anymore. Even as that kid a few years back, I wasn't human. "

Hyuk is silent for a moment but he doesn't look that surprised as he has had his suspicion. "Then what are you? "He asks after a moment. "An angel? Is that why your eyes are the same as that angel friend of yours? "He wonders. 

"You can say that. But rather than in heaven, now I work here instead, on earth. "N explains and Hyuk merely blinks. 

"Work? "He echoes and N nods. 

"Yes, work. Angels work for heaven like demons does for hell . "

Hyuk shrugs. "It doesn't matter to me what you are. As long as you're here I'm fine with anything. "He says but N suddenly looks troubled. 

"Hyuk, actually, about that... I'm not supposed to meet you. "He whispers guiltily which manages to make Hyuk confused. 

"Why not? "Hyuk asks, frowning. 

"Well... you and your hyungs are no longer my charges. Which mean I no longer have any responsibility over you. "N starts, staring intently at Hyuk's face as if fearing his reaction. "I'm really not supposed to make contact with either of you but somehow, I ended up in the same place as Taekwoon and Jaehwan. I thought it's fine since they don't remember me and I have absolutely no intention of getting in contact with you, or Hongbin or Wonshik but then I heard Taekwoon and Jaehwan talking about how you're just so depressed these days that I can't help it. And now here I am, breaking rules once again by seeing you. "

Hyuk's face is blank even as N continue to stare at him. "You mean, you were planning to just cut off contact with me by acting like you don't exist anymore. "He says flatly and N immediately looks apologetic. 

"If you put it like that--"

"Hyung, I've lived these years feeling guilty and regret that it continue to haunt me in my sleep. I've never stopped thinking about how much my stubbornness back then messes everything up and reap you away from us. I was always thinking about you, about how are you doing, about why you never come to see me anymore. But in reality, you've been here all along, just leaving me confused and worried, you didn't even bother trying to get hold of me. "Hyuk's voice crack at his last sentence and his eyes start getting teary. 

"I'm sorry, Hyuk. But I'm doing this in hope for the best for us. I wanted you to forget about me so that you can live peacefully. "N tries to explain but Hyuk isn't listening anymore. 

"If you don't want to see me anymore then okay, I get it. You have every right in the world to hate me. I was the one who made you lost your life, I was the one who caused you to be a demon. It's all my fault, hyung. So I totally understand why you would want to avoid me. "Hyuk says in between his sobs. 

"I don't hate you! I would never --"

"Thank you for coming to see me eventhough you're breaking you heaven rule by doing this. And as much as I want you by my side like you used to be, lets not meet anymore. "

"Han Sanghyuk! "

Hyuk pays no attention to N as he takes off the pendant of the necklace he's wearing, a pendant which is actually a ring. "This is your ring; our friendship ring that you insisted us to get a long time ago. "He says, placing the ring into N's palm. "This is the only thing that you left me with when you vanished and it's the only thing that assure me that I'm not crazy. That I wasn't imagining your existence . "he explains and N stares at the simple ring in his hand. "Please take back the ring so that I can forget about you. That's what you want, isn't it? "

"Hyuk... "

"And hyung, let me say this one thing I've never said to you sincerely enough before. "Hyuk whispers, raising his head to look at N straight in his eyes. "Thank you, hyung. For everything. I really appreciate it. "

N merely stare at him, speechless but there's tears in his own eyes. 

Hyuk says no more after that. He just got out of the car and walk away, not turning back even once and N lets him. He doesn't call him back.