Was

Return

Ravi was in his studio, diligently finishing up his songs when all of a sudden, there's a knock at the door. 

"Who's there? "He asks and then comes Hyuk's weary voice. 

"Hyung, its me. "

Frowning, Ravi immediately stands up to open the door and once he does, Hyuk comes stumbling in and wordlessly, he flops down onto the couch. 

"Why are you here? "Ravi demands because sure, Hyuk does come by to his studio once in a while but not during times like this when it's almost dawn, not to mention its raining heavily outside. 

Hyuk doesn't answer him though, he just turn his face away and Ravi wanted to demandhim to answer when out of the blue, he lets out a sob. Loud and clear. 

"... Hyuk? Why are you crying? "Ravi whispers, carefully approaching the maknae and sitting down next to him. 

"I'm sorry. "Hyuk blurts out, tears streaming endlessly down his cheeks. 

"Sorry for what? What happened? "Ravi tries not to start panicking as he just gather Hyuk into his arms and he could feel the maknae slumping weakly against him. He has to admit that eventhough he has seen Hyuk crying before, it still unnerves him everytime it happens. It just feels wrong. 

"I'm sorry I messed everything up. I'm sorry I made Hakyeon-hyung leave. "Hyuk chokes up, burying his face even deeper into Ravi's chest in an attempt to stifle his cry. 

"Hyuk, you didnt mess up anything. And Hakyeon-hyung? I don't even know him, neither of us does. "Ravi says because eventhough they're familiar with that name Hakyeon, they never really feel any connection to that name, except for Hyuk of course. And that is mainly because Hakyeon has never existed in his life. 

Hyuk desperately shakes his head. "You should know Hakyeon-hyung. He's... he's the one who kept me alive. I should've been dead years ago. "

"Stop that nonsense; Han Sanghyuk . That's just ridiculous! "Ravi scolds, upset that Hyuk is bringing up the whole 'I'm supposed to be dead' issue again. He feels Hyuk flinch then and he immediately regrets it. "Hyuk, that Hakyeon-hyung may be very precious to you but to me, he's no one except the person who made you cry in your sleep and caused you nightmares. He's the one who made you talk to yourself in the dead of the night when you thought none of us would notice. Whoever he is, he's hurting you and I hate that. "

Hyuk sniffles and goes quiet for a moment before a question escapes his mouth. "Do you... believe in angels, hyung? "

Ravi frowns at the sudden change of topic but he thought it may be for the better if it could distract Hyuk from crying. "Yeah, I do. "

"Hakyeon-hyung... he's an angel. "

"... what? "

"He was our guardian angel, hyung. "

"Hyuk, you're not--"

"Was, hyung. Not anymore. He hates me now. He doesn't even want to see my face anymore. "