Hug

Return

Hyuk stands there, frozen. Hearing his name being called by the person he has missed so much makes his mind go blank and he's clueless of what to do. 

"H-hyung... it's you, right? It's really you. "He breathes out in disbelief and N smiles as he nods. 

"It's me. "He confirms and Hyuk's eyes are unblinking as he stares at N, as if expecting him to suddenly vanish. 

"H-how? Why? Where were you all these time? Why did you never come and see me anymore? "Hyuk demands in a voice barely above a whisper and N immediately looks apologetic . 

"I'm sorry. I have my reason. "He says. 

"What reason? "Hyuk asks but N shakes his head. 

"I'll tell you later, okay? For now, just know that I'm here. "He says and eventhough Hyuk is still very confused and overwhelmed, he finds himself nodding and just accepting N's words. He's happy enough that he gets to see him again.

"I really miss you, hyung. "Hyuk admits earnestly as he pulls N into a hug but to his surprise, N gently pushes him away. 

"Not here, Hyukie. Your hyungs are watching. "He murmurs quietly as he grab his order and takes a step away from Hyuk. "I promise I'll come and see you later, okay? We can catch up on each other then. "He says and Hyuk is suddenly panicked at the thought of N leaving again. 

"Please don't leave again. "He pleads, afraid that this might be the last time he'll see N. 

"I promised I'll see you again, didn't I? "N assures, reaching over to pat Hyuk's shoulder. "Angels don't break their promises, Hyukie. "He reminds as he flashes him a small smile before backing away and promptly leaving the cafe after waving the rest of VIXX goodbye. 

Hyuk just stand there speechless for a while but then feeling resigned, he returns to the table where his hyungs are at. 

"Do you know N too? "Leo asks curiously as soon as Hyuk is seated but instead of answering, Hyuk just shrugs. 

 

 

It is 3 days later when Hyuk goes out of their dorm late at night to go to the convenience store that he finally meets N again. 

"Hyukie! I was waiting for you! "

Hyuk is startled when N appears out of the darkness of the alley, making him stop in his tracks. 

"Hyung! What are you doing here?! "Hyuk demands, surprised but N chose not to answer as he just jump onto Hyuk and engulf the maknae in a hug so tight that Hyuk could almost imagine his bone crushing . 

"I came to see you, of course! "N says matter of factly as he tugs onto Hyuk's wrist and drag him over to a waiting car by the road. "Shall we go somewhere else? "He asks but he doesn't wait for Hyuk to agree as he just promptly drive away after strapping the maknae in. 

Hyuk is quiet for a while, trying to make sense of what is going on but there's so much confusion and questions in his head. 

"... how did you know I was going to be there? "He mumbles after some time, turning to face N whose attention are focused on the road. 

"My friend told me. "N tells him casually. 

"Which friend? That angel? "Hyuk wonders and because N decides to keep his silence, he takes that as a yes. 

"Hyung... what's going on? What happened to you? What happened during all those years that you're gone? "

N sighs. "Hyuk, I--"

"The last time I saw you, you were a kid, hyung. And it's only been a few years since that but now you're here, as a grown up. How is that possible? That's not even natural. "Hyuk reasons and suddenly, N stops the car in favour of looking at Hyuk with a serious expression on his face. 

"I thought you would notice, but I guess you didnt. "He says and Hyuk frowns. 

"Notice what? "

"Hyuk, I'm not exactly human anymore. Even as that kid a few years back, I wasn't human. "