BONUS: A NEW START

EGOISM

(Disclaimer: Bonus series will be a short chapters. Really, really short)

 

...

 

They say, one can never experience the feelings of being a parent until they face it on their own. The joy, the hardship, the tears and the sweats is all unexplainable to others. But to keep it simple, for both Sehun and and his wife— this is beyond amazing. Something that they can’t just describe using words. 

 

“Awwww look at you little princess! Smiling all over again for her daddy!” Call him crazy, but he is a little bit obsessed towards his daughter. 

 

“Let me kiss you sweetheart” He kiss Iseul in her right cheek. “And Daddy going to add another one!” Then followed by her left cheek. 

 

“Oh no!” He started to make a funny face and scrunched his nose for his tiny sweetheart. “So you think Daddy face is funny huh?” Her cute giggles are so just so something that he couldn’t resist.

 

How is that feeling to have another special person in your life beside your partner? When he was used to share his love only for his wife but now he need to spare another place in his heart for his sweetheart, Sehun little princess, Oh Iseul. To have one person to he happy is a wonderful. But when he have two person that make his life complete, this is absolutely a bless.

 

Even when he will complain that his space in the bed is now conquered by the little princess, or even when Rae In will put all her attention to their baby instead of him, Sehun still thinking that having a child is one of the best thing that happened to their marriage. He will keep repeating it but he just too happy with his life now. 

 

“Babe! She’s crying!” Rae In shouted from the kitchen. 

 

“I know! I’m trying to figure out something” Sehun said while holding his daughter. Iseul is currently crying and her mother are prepare her formula milk in the kitchen.

 

“Seriously Sehun please calm her down” She said again as the crying are getting louder. 

 

Panicking, he still trying everything that he can to stop it. “Princess please stop crying will you? Daddy is here” And of course she wouldn’t just stop with that. “Okay okay please bear it for a while okay. Mummy will come for you”

 

He always wonder why do all babies love to cry at any moment. It just getting too loud sometimes. And not to mention when they have to wake up in the middle of the night just when their little princess suddenly crying out of nowhere. Tired as it is but they have to bear it for this first three month. 

 

‘Crying season’ as what Baekhyun told him. A season where he will get lack of sleep to take care of his daughter in the middle of the night. Just when he was about to close his eyes— the sound come again! Iseul crying was like an alarm for Sehun. No, he rather say it as a tickling bomb. It will just come without warning. 

 

Surely he can just be selfish and let Rae In handle it by her own. Or even to let it pass to their helpers. But he wanted to experience it by himself and Sehun think that this is the least thing that he can do to repay to his wife sacrificed. He witnessed how she suffered in the labour room and seeing that making him appreciate his wife more. 

 

It was 2.45am when Iseul crying at that night. Rae In already went to sleep earlier, too tired when she got home from work just now. Being a doctor and mother at the same time surely a tough job. Luckily that she worked on her own hospital and she got a flexible working time to adjust. Seeing her wife sleeping peacefully, he slowly pick up their baby from the bed and hold her. 

 

“Shhhh little princess don’t cry okay” As he calm her. Rae In already prepared a bottle of milk on the nightstand, just in case for this kind of emergency. “You will be just fine with Daddy. We don’t want to wake Mummy up right?”

 

Surprisingly, Iseul slowly stop crying and drink her milk that Sehun feed her. Its seems like the ‘storm’ has stopped for awhile. “Good girl my little princess. I know that you love Mummy so much that you don’t want to disturb her right? I love her too. I love both of you so much” 

 

This might be his first experience as a father but he surely know how to handle the situation very well. Like when he spend the rest of the night standing while holding his daughter on his arm, humming to a calm melody as a lullaby to keep her sleep. 

 

“Sehun?” Rae In rubs her eyes as she noticed that her husband was awake at that hour. “Let me just replace you okay?” She suggest. She knew well that he must be tired and sleepy too. 

 

“It’s okay. She’s sleeping now” He said softly. 

 

“But you must be tired already....” She wanted to say more but her husband already beat her to that. 

 

He shake his head. “It’s nothing compared to what you have done for me darling. Don’t worry okay?” Still sleepy, she just nodded to her husband. 

 

He walks back to the bed and slowly place his daughter on her tiny baby bed next to them. Then he walk to another side and slip on the cover with his head resting on the headboard. Closing the space between them, he pull Rae In body into his embrace and rub the back of her body. 

 

“You should sleep,love” and he kiss her forehead. “Do you want me to sing for you too, baby?” 

 

She took his hand and guide him to pat her on her hips. “I need to be pampered as well. I’m your baby right Sehun?” 

 

“Forever my baby” He slips his hand into her nightgown and rub on her back. “Goodnight sweetheart. I love you” 

 

“I love you to babe” And they both drifted to sleep with their little princess next to them. A little happy family. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

See you in the next bonus chapter!