NINE

EGOISM

It is one of the important day in her life and Rae In was trying on all the looks in her closet, but nothing fit. She mix and match her clothes, from casual to chic looks, she still had no idea what to wear. Choosing the right one will always be the biggest problem for girls. We said that we don’t have anything to wear but to be honest, we just don’t know which one to choose at one time. 

 

She woke up early today and took the first train to take her away from Daegu, the beautiful town and all its people. She was alone on the train but full with excitement as she was about to go back to her favorite place in South Korea, Seoul city. Hana, her art gallery co-worker suggested to drive her to the city, but she refused. 

 

“I’m going to miss this art gallery so much and of course I will miss you more unnie” Rae In sheds her tears while bids her goodbye.

 

“Don’t cry sweetie. This is yours so you are welcome to come at anytime. Take care and good luck for your study!” The other girl said.

 

She turn her face to the window as the train starts to move. She remembered the day that she was so determined to leave Sehun. She took a train to this place and had no idea where she was going exactly. Two hours later she arrived in a small neighborhood of Daegu, where her mother art gallery was located. There was a coffee shop and she stayed the whole day, with nothing and everything on her mind. But then, she learned that it never easy to forget someone you love. Walking out of their life will never be the best solution. It just makes you missed them more. 

 

Rae In could hear the horn sound in the distance, a sign that she was getting closer to the Seoul station. This is the day that she will be register for the medical course at her new college. She wanted to start fresh and getting back to the city that she always loved, is the first step. 

 

“Welcome back my dear Jung Rae In” she was greeted by a man voice once she step out from the Seoul station. 

 

“You came, Oh Sehun” she smiled. 

 

She was so happy to saw him there. When Rae In told him that she will be back to Seoul, Sehun immediately said that he will pick up her at the station and he did it. He glad that she decided to move back here so that he could see her more often. A long distance between them has enough giving him a hard time, well even though it just only took him about 2 hours by train but he just couldn’t bear to be apart with her. 

 

They walk together towards his car at the car park. The wind howled and Sehun still wore that dark blue sweatshirt, the one that she bought for his last birthday and the smile never left his lips. It only a week since the last time she'd seen him but Rae thought, with a strange sort of feeling in her stomach, that he still looked as handsome as ever. 

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Sehun said.

 

“Nothing. I just want to ask if you could accompany me for the campus registration” She shyly asked.

 

“Sure why not. Plus, I can go around and find new girl. They said freshie is hot you know” He smirks.

 

“Yah Sehun!” She slightly pinched his arm.

 

He laughed but then his eyes started to drift downward. “Rae In” He called.

 

Back up to her eyes. “You know that I'm only in love with you, right?” 

 

If only she could hide herself from him right now. Her face is turning red too much blushing from his words. Sehun surely that kind of man that will make you go crazy. It was true when people said that falling in love is easy but to be in love with the same person repeatedly is extraordinary.

 

At the entrance of Seoul Medical University, Rae In fidgeting around feeling nervous as she is about to register herself into medical course. She felt like she’s one step closer to fulfill her dream to be a doctor. Growing up with a family that owns business empire that only thinks about money and wealth, she wanted something more than that. That’s why she chooses this because apparently no one teaches you how to think about money in medical school. 

 

“Wait there must be a misunderstanding here. I already applied a placement for a room in residential college. Why did you said that my application has been canceled?” Rae In asked the administration staff.

 

“I’m sorry but it stated here that your legal guardian has canceled your residential application. I’ve checked it. Mr Oh Sehun, your husband did it” The staff said.

 


 

The ride back to Sehun parents house seems longer than usual. The whole journey with Rae In look out to the window, silently holding her anger towards him while Sehun act like nothing has happened. After the registration process completed, she just went to his car and said nothing since then. He could predict that she must be mad about him canceling her residential application but he afraid that she will gone mad if he asked her beforehand. 

 

“Alright alright I know it is my fault. I’m sorry okay Rae In?” Sehun pleaded.

 

Silent.

 

“Oh come on Rae In. I’m giving you permission to get mad at me now. Just spill it out” He added.

 

You asked for it Sehun. Be prepared in 3, 2, 1.

 

“Yah Oh Sehun how could you did that? For God sake I’m just trying to experience a campus life and I could get along with the girls if I live in the residential you know we could study together, shopping together, have fun with my other course mates and most importantly WHERE WILL I STAY LATER?!” 

 

She yelled and all she could get is Sehun unstoppable laughing back at her.

 

“This is not funny mister Oh. Why did you laugh?” She had enough with her annoying husband.

 

“Hahaha I’m laughing because the savage ice princess Jung Rae In is back!— Okay enough I’m sorry okay? I did that because I don’t want you to leave me alone in our apartment. You could use back your car to go to the campus or I can even drive you there. It just— please stay with me?” Sehun said while caressing her hand before lean in to kiss it. 

 

They reached the house with his mother already waiting in front of the door, ready to welcome back her favorite daughter in-law. His father and sisters are there as well. Mrs Oh broke her her tears once she saw Rae In out of his car. A warm hug was immediately wrapped around Rae In, a hug that she missed most, a love from a mother. She always regards her mother in-law as her own mother yet it makes her felt so bad for leaving her the other day.

 

The worst part of the broken relationship is not only the couple who are affected. But also the shared friends, the extended family, who have become a part of our lives. We might could ended the relationship with our lover and be stranger after that, but it will be hard to so towards his family especially when they are being too nice. It makes Rae In wonder, what did she do to deserve such a good treatment from them? She had left Sehun, but this family never put all the blames into and accept her back into the family like nothing has happened.

 

“I cooked all of your favorite dishes Rae In. Please eat more. I saw that you are getting thinner. Oh my poor daughter in-law” Sehun mother worried about Rae In.

 

“Oh omma please stop all these dinner time drama of yours” Sehun said.

 

“You shut up young man. Look at you, getting all dressed up when your wife is here. Don’t you remember how miserable your life when she was gone? Everyday whined to me said that you missed your wife. Tell me who’s more dramatic? Eyy” His mother throws a sarcasm remarks to him.

 

Sehun pouted and makes everyone laugh. “Omma! Stop dissing your own son!“

 

Rae In seat at the edge of the queen bed in his room with a towel on her hand. She showered just now and her hair are still wet. Never crossed in her mind that she still had a chance to be back in his room, still as his wife. Just when she thought that it was over for them, Sehun came and  save their marriage. She didn’t said the three words yet to Sehun but she knows that Sehun aware about it. 

 

She saw that he still kept her last gift to him. Before she left the hospital, Rae In managed to prepared his birthday gift. An album of their photos, sweatshirt and braided bracelet that he wore. She also spotted a few boxes of gifts from luxurious brand on the table.

 

“Balenciaga, Gucci, Chanel and LV. That’s all for hyungs tomorrow” 

 

Sehun said from behind. He was shirtless pairs up with his sweatpants, just come back from the bathroom. Rae In was shifting nervously trying to avoid to look into his body. She almost drooling to the sight of his muscular abs.

 

“You didn’t change Sehun. You are still heartwarming like you used to be. Always a good husband to me” Rae In said when he started to pick the towel from her hand and dried her hair. 

 

“I’m glad that you feel that about me Rae In. Oh, you didn’t change too. Still ert as before. I’m scared of you” He playfully said as he caught her stared into his chest and pinched her nose.

 

“Yah— yah what did you said?! I’m not a ert!” She defensed herself.

 

“Come on princess time to go bed. We have a long day ahead tomorrow” 

 

Sehun pat the space next to him, slowly Rae In climbed into the bed and make herself comfortable before drifted to sleep in Sehun arm. 

 


 

It was the most happening day for SNU, it’s time for the convocation. Banners everywhere, with a congratulations messages for the final year students who have completed their studies in this college. It was fun to see the students in their convocation robe, ready to get their degree certificate on the stage, with their family and friends brought the flowers and balloons, only to celebrate them in this special day.

 

Today also embarked a new journey for Xiumin, Suho, Kyungsoo and Chen for graduating their business degree with honorary, achieving first class certification from the dean of SNU. Soon, they will leaving the campus life and ready to take over their family business. For those members who left, Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun, they still have another year before completing their degree. 

 

“No-no. I told you that I’m not going to cry today” Chanyeol dramatically sheds his tears.

 

“I don’t get it why you have to cry Chanyeol ah. It supposed to be a happy day” Kai replied.

 

“You had no idea how much we are going to miss those guys in the campus. I can’t imagine my life without Suho hyung nagging, Chen hyung loud voice, Xiumin hyung smack me and the amazing sandwiches that Kyungsoo hyung made for us. It so hard for me” Baekhyun, another drama queen in action.

 

“Just stop the drama and be quiet okay. The ceremony is about to start” Sehun said.

 

“Look the hyungs over there. I’m so proud of them” Baekhyun still on his dramatic mood.

 

“Me too. I want to take their pictures so that I could remember this beautiful day” Chanyeol added. They literally didn’t listen Sehun advices at all.

 

“Shut the fck up guys!” Kai and Sehun said at the same time. They had enough with those two alien.

 

The ceremony begin with the students line up to take their place at the hall. Each of them looking so good in their suit and their graduation robes. Those four EXO members is not exceptional. It wouldn’t be exaggerated to said that they really resembled the famous F4 characters in the k-drama. They finally graduated after spend four years in their major before coming to this day. The day that are very meaningful for every students.

 

Suho, looking dashing as always has been chosen as the students representative to deliver his graduation speech. “Hello everyone my name is Suho and I’m major in business studies. Today I would like to talk about, our life” He started.

 

“In our life we only have a limited time so  why should we waste it by living someone else life. Stop living into others expectations and living with the results of other peoples thinking. We do we, they do they. Don't let others opinions drown out your own inner voice”

 

True, we wouldn’t get anywhere by hearing others people words. Those people, they didn’t know us yet they are the ones who loudly talk bad about us. We can’t simply give up even when everyone turns their back at us, because at the end we are the one who will received the consequences. Rae In had received a lot of hates ever since she was here, but she endured it well because the strong person will never let those bull made herself down.

 

“Whatever blocks, challenges or obstacles that you encounter, you have learned that there is a way over to go through them. It is not those obstacles that become the barrier to your progress but your confidence and will to break the the walls of your fear and doubt. There is no other choice but you have to work for it”

 

It is simple. To be successful we had to go through challenges. It could be hard for some us, but that is what make us stronger. The fear and doubt that Sehun felt every time he thought about his wife, challenged himself to make the biggest decision in his life. He have to fight whether he want to keep her or let go of everything. The insecurity of his flaws, he always in doubt if he could give his best to her. He fight for it and at the end everything works.

 

“Lastly, appreciate everyone around us. Let’s talk about the friendship we have. Just saying about this, already make me happy. I would like to take this chance to say that I’m so grateful to have a friends like them. For me, the real definition of best friends is those who will stay with you no matter how much you have fight, or be apart, but at the end they will come back for you. They didn’t have to use a proper language to comfort you when you downs, sometimes those hurtful bad words that they said is the one that brings you back to reality. My friends EXO who I already regard as my brothers, I couldn’t be more thankful for this amazing four years that we spent together. It will be the best memories during my degree. Thank you and I hope everyone will celebrate this happy day with their friends as well. I would like to end my speech with a quotes ‘Let’s live a better life by spreading a positivity’. Happy convocation, thank you Seoul National University”

 

A long speech by Suho wrapped up the convocation ceremony. Everyone in the hall are in awe by his moved speech. It is sincerely from his heart and he wrote itself the speech. His last speech however has made the EXO members lost in words. They always know that the leader have his soft spot for them even though they keep give him troubles especially the younger line. Listening to his emotional speech has made the dramatic guys sheds their tear in the seat. Baekhyun and Chanyeol especially can’t wait any longer to get their leader and hug him.

 

“Congratulations hyungs!” Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol happily cheers for them.

 

“Thank you for coming guys. I can’t believe that this day is finally coming!” Chen is the most excited one.

 

“You make us cry at the hall just now hyung. How could you!” Baekhyun said while hitting Suho at his chest. 

 

“I was so overwhelmed when he started his speech about us, I’m so going to miss this campus life with EXO” Now it’s time for Xiumin to cry.

 

“Don’t worry hyung we can always hang out outside college. Come on we literally meet each other at least five times a week. Duh isn’t that enough?” Kai slightly annoyed with these little goodbye-my-friend drama.

 

“Exactly. That’s what I thought. We meet everyone almost everyday till I have no chance to miss you guys” Kyungsoo added.

 

“Cut the crap guys. Let’s go for bubble tea. It’s all on me!” Sehun finally made cut off the drama.

 

Later in the evening, they had a little surprise party for the graduates in their all time favorite bubble tea cafe. Sehun had rented the whole cafe just for them to have their own time. It is suffocated enough in the campus during the convocation ceremony where most girls trying their luck to have take a photo with them. They said that it will be the last chance for them since Xiumin, Suho, Kyungsoo and Chen are graduated and they later will never meet them again. Oh poor girls.

 

While most of the students will probably celebrate with expensive wine and champagne, this group of millionaires son choose to have their little party at this cafe enjoying everyone favorite drink, bubble tea and fried chicken - a special request from Kai the chicken mania. The younger line also give their graduation gifts to the hyungs.

 

“I have another surprise for you guys” Sehun made an announcement.

 

“Hi guys. Am I disturbing your party?” Rae In came from behind.

 

“Oh my god Jung Rae In. Is that you? Are you for real?!” Chanyeol shocked. He have the same wide-eyes expression as Kyungsoo.

 

“Rae In you are back! This is best gift ever!” Chen said.

 

Meanwhile, this guys over here is ready to spit fire to her. “Yah you gizibe how come you leaving us for this long?! Yah you nappeun gizibe aishhhh”

 

“Damn Baek stop it you suffocate me! I need an air to breath!” Rae In struggles to let herself free from Baekhyun hug. 

 

“Bacon yah that’s my wife!” Sehun time to yelled.

 

“Okay okay I’m sorry. I just missed you so much girl. No, we all missed you okay. Please don’t leave us again. We can’t bear to see Sehun become zombie again” Baekhyun last sentence made everyone burst to laugh.

 


 

“Soon EXO will only left with four of us and we also not in the same campus anymore. My life will be boring” He pouted.

 

“We will always meet at home and you guys are going to meet each other outside. Don’t worry. I think it is a perfect time for you to focus on your study Sehun” Rae In assured him.

 

“You will get busy with you medical school and me finishing my last year, it will be hectic. I’m worried that we will have less time together” 

 

“I’m promise that I will make time for you and we will have more time together. So cheer up, husband” Her smiled almost made him melted.

 

Blessings come in many shapes and sizes. For him, it will be the existence of Jung Rae In in his life. He never thought that the idea of this arranged marriage that he once hate, will become the best decision that he ever made. Sehun surely should be thankful to his parents for choosing her as his wife. 

 

The night view in Han river is nice but it wasn’t that beautiful compare to this amazing person in front of him. She is pretty, the prettiest that he ever found. She is perfect. Staring at her always calm him and became a cure to him. Did he deserve to be granted this beautiful kind hearted woman as his wife? He always thought about that. He know it is cliche to say she smiled with her eyes. But, she did smile with her eyes.

 

“Tell me, did I fall for a shooting star?” Sehun suddenly said to her.

 

He didn’t wait any longer before tipped his face up toward her and kissed her. Like always, the world around her stopped moving. No, the world became Sehun, only Sehun her husband. Kissing him was as mind blowing as ever, the most passionate that she ever received and she had never believed how she would feel. But today, there was even more to it. She no longer had any doubt about whether this was wrong or right. It was the beginning of their new chapter.

 

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. She didn’t care that they were out in public. She didn’t care about the past. All that mattered is that he is Sehun, her husband. Some might said that her decision could be wrong as she go back to him, but she didn’t care. In that moment, it seemed that as long as Sehun and her were together, there was no challenge too great for them.

 

“I love you” As she said back to him. They were apart from the kiss, to catch back their breath. “I said— I love you Sehun” This time Rae In had no more excuse to hold her to confess her love towards him. 

 

Sehun knew that he’s going to kiss her again. He just couldn’t get over after Rae In said she had always love him too. He don’t know how long they stood there kissing. The world around them was gone. Time had stopped. She was awash in the feel of Sehun body against hers, in his scent, and in the taste of his lips. That was all that mattered right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: CALM DOWN THIS IS NOT THE END YET ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ