ELEVEN

EGOISM

Her husband has asked her to go on their honeymoon, their first vacation together. Rae In was excited as ever. But her celebratory dance soon give way to some anxiety. What would their honeymoon will be? What should she should do to make their vacation as the best that Sehun could have? Her sisters in law has given her some useful tips to be used for the honeymoon but just to think about it, she already feel embarrassed. She shrugged the thought away with blushed in her cheeks.

 

She never thought that this day could happen, that she will be able to sit beside her husband ready to depart from Incheon Airport to their honeymoon destination. Even during their wedding day and their family has offered to sponsor them for honeymoon, they refused with the excuse that they don’t have time for all of this. Honeymoon is meant for married couple who are in love with each other, taking their time to enjoy romantic vacation together. But at that moment, both of them are far from that.

 

Reminiscing her moments at the altar during her wedding few months ago, Rae In smiled to the beautiful memories. “Will you Oh Sehun to take her as your wife? Cherish her during her hard time and be with her through her good life?” 

 

“I do” Sehun said. He was so nervous at that time, as much as Rae In was. 

 

“And you Jung Rae In, will you do the same for him? As you both will endure the challenges together as a married couple?” 

 

She paused, looking at the groom to make sure that this is the right thing for them. She knew that that there is no way to turn back after this. He nodded signaling her to said the words, “I do”

 

As soon as they were announced as officially married to each other, Sehun lean forward and cupped her small face slowly lifting up her chin before staring into her eyes and stop into her lips. It was short and sweet kiss but already sent Rae In soul straight to heaven as she never felt this kind of feelings before. Butterfly effects or whatsoever that it was called, she just couldn’t describe it. It was her first kiss and she glad that her first love has took it. 

 

The plane ride already passed few hours but they still haven’t reach to their destination. Rae In was getting bored and with her husband sleeping along the journey didn’t help her much. She stares into him, full with admiration towards her husband. Handsome people is always interesting to watch, she thought. Campus heartthrob that was so arrogant with his famous smirk, but very, very handsome. It was her way of describing Sehun.

 

“Do you love me that much sweetheart?” Rae In was surprised when Sehun suddenly said that. She thought that he was still asleep. 

 

“I’m so bored Sehun” She whined. “And you were sleeping all the time”

 

“I’m sorry I was kind of tired. And now I’m so thirsty” He clears his throat while calling for the cabin crew for help. “Can you get me a glass of water?”

 

A stewardess in her tight and short skirt come to serve him. She was more than delighted to able to help him, Rae In could noticed it. 

 

“This is for you sir. May I help you with anything else?” She politely said to him while give a flirty wink. 

 

That kind of gestures has enough to annoyed Rae In who are sit beside Sehun. That girl is obviously trying her luck to get Sehun attention and that was so unprofessional. Where all the work ethics that she supposed to follow? Ugh she was so mad that she could only give her a cold stares. She should be more focus on her job instead of flirting with the passenger! Even though he was so damn good looking. 

 

‘Yeah, I know he’s cute but he’s mine. Touch him and I’ll kill you’ That is what Rae In wanted to said to her.

 

Before Sehun could reply more, Rae In already shove her away saying that they really don’t need anything at that moment and ask her to leave straight away. Well, passengers are deserve to have their privacy time right? She was so pissed that she forgot to hide her expressions, her face has almost turned reds, only to be noticed by Sehun. 

 

He chuckled, unable to control his face when he saw his wife like that. “Are you okay Rae In?” He said. “Because you look so damn jealous” 

 

“Isn’t that obvious? Look I know some women might say they are not, at this moment but I’m not going to lie. That girl was obviously flirting with my husband!” Sehun had to shush her from getting more loud. 

 

“Aww my baby girl are just so cute that I want to squeeze you. Don’t worry cupcake because you are the only girl that I have in my heart” He still in laughter.

 

Jung Rae In pouted has faded when Sehun pull her into his embrace, with the hope to slow her down. For him she always been this cute and it was fascinating that a cold person like her could just change into this kind of clingy over jealous wife. Just for him. Everyday, she make him fall more into her. Just like magic and Rae In the wizard, spells a love potion towards the cold-guy-turns-into-loverboy, Oh Sehun. 

 

After being on board for hours, they finally landed in the beautiful of Mykonos, Greece most famous cosmopolitan island. Mykonos wasn’t only great with the beaches but also known with its sizzling St Tropez meets Ibiza style. It was a long journey from Seoul to this place, but this is worth more than anything with the magnificent views. It definitely satisfied Rae In standard for luxurious honeymoon and vacation.

 

Everything for this honeymoon was planned by Sehun himself. He wanted the best for his wife. From the destination to the resort, he will make sure that it is the best out of the best. He had choose to most expensive resort in the island. Each suite has personal mini swimming pool and jacuzzi with spectacular beach scenery than can be view straightly from their bed. It was perfect to feel the romantic vibes for their vacation. 

 

“You are amazing babe!” She jumped slightly to kiss Sehun in his cheek, amazed with the place that he prepared for her. 

 

Sehun was so happy when he saw the reaction from his wife. She totally love this place. Maybe she doesn’t know this but he just willing to do anything just to make her happy. Her smile is like a cure to Sehun that will give him energy just like a happy pill. Now he already understand the concept of love, where in condition that the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

 


 

Rae In was completely caught off guard when she went to the bar. She was well prepared and very excited for a relaxing and sun soaked holiday on the beautiful beaches of Mykonos but she had no idea that the party life that the local mentioned was this huge. Notorious for its crazy day and night parties, Mykonos is widely known as Greece party hub.

 

Slipping her hand through Sehun big one, they went across the sea of people. They was so many people at the bar, enjoying their time to drinking and partying. Rae In was raised as a reserved girl where she isn’t very social and most likely either to spend her time at home or follow her family to the business event. She does drink, but she never been to any club or even party before so she was slightly new to this kind of things. 

 

“Don’t worry I’ll be by your side at all time. I just want you to enjoy” He assured her. “You need to experience clubbing and partying even for once in your life. We are still in our 20s anyway”

 

“Alright then. Let’s have fun tonight babe!” Rae In said to him. 

 

“Come on baby, let Daddy show you how fun clubbing is” He smirks.

 

She slapped him in his arm. Smirks at his joke “Euwww that’s !”

 

Loud music was blast through the speakers and there are tons of people who enjoy the night by dancing to the song play by DJ. That night was getting late but there is no sign that everyone will leaving the place. It was loud, lights everywhere as the booster for those people to keep enjoying their time. And some are just too drunk to even realized what was happening around them. Sehun has dragged her to the dance floor earlier but not for long as Rae In felt uncomfortable.

 

“Sehun..can we just having drinks instead?” Rae In had to whispered to him because the club are too loud. 

 

“You not feeling good aren’t you?” He whispered back. “Alright then let’s sit over there okay?” 

 

He felt bad when he look into her. She didn’t feel comfortable and it was clearly visible in her face. He then took her to sit at the lounge of the bar to have their drinks. He then take a seat beside her with his arm on her shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry if it make you feel uncomfortable” Sehun said while buried his head into the crook of her neck.

 

“No— I mean I’m the one who supposed to say it to you. I’m sorry to be such a spoiler...I know you are having fun inside” 

 

“Don’t said that baby. I will be happy only if my lovable wife here is having a good time. I don’t want to be apart with you”

 

“Babe stop making me blushing will you? You are too sweet that I’m afraid that I will die because of it” She cupped his face into her palms. 

 

Being with him made Rae In want to make her own dreams, discover her own path. She always thinks that she was at her best self when she was with him. If people said that she already been crazy, yes she would admit that she was crazy, so crazy in love. One thing that she will always regret is when she used to despise the idea of being in love. Everyone should experience how to love and how to be loved by someone. It was just too priceless. And if that person don't think that being in love is the greatest feeling in the world, then the person probably haven't felt what it's like to be in love.

 

“Jung Rae In? Hey its you! Wow what a coincidence to meet you here!” 

 

They were interrupted by a man in his 20s coming towards them and greet her. Sehun was confused. He didn’t expect to meet someone that they would know especially at this small island. It just getting more interesting when the person recognizes Rae In instead of him. He never knew that she had other male friends beside him and EXO. That guy is tall and handsome, looking rich as well. For the first time he felt so insecure.

 

“Oh its you— hey” She greet him back. “Yeah I’m on my vacation with my husband. Let me introduce you, this is Oh Sehun” 

 

“Hey dude! I’m Seungri, her cousin” That cheerful guy flashed his perfect smile. He reminds him a lot about Chanyeol.

 

It makes Sehun relived when he heard that. “Nice to meet you Seungri. Are you in your vacation too?”

 

“Nah— not really. Actually I was invited to play with my team here. I’m a DJ. Sorry to end this impromptu reunion here but I really have to go now. Rae In, give me a call later okay?”

 

“Yeah” She replied. “.....in your dream” She added when Seungri already far from their table.

 

It was Seungri, or his real name, Lee Seunghyun. He is one of Rae In cousin on her mother side. Her mother had the Lee surname but when she got married to her father, it was changed to Jung. It’s been awhile since they haven’t met. It probably around 5 to 6 years ago. He didn’t change tho, still looks fine even with his eye bag under his eyes. She remembered how her late mother always called him as panda. He always been the most loud, cheerful and energetic cousin that Rae In didn’t want to get involved. 

 

But she thought that her cousin is so damn smart too. That bastard literally just stole his father money, took that away and live abroad. He is that kind of rebellious son in the household and decided to open his ramen business in oversea and run a famous DJ label. He never gone back to Korea and having his best life right now. If only she have the courageous just like him, maybe she could escape all this kind of life including this arranged marriage things. But, it doesn’t matter anymore since she feel so happy with her life with Sehun now. 

 

“.........to make it short, we didn’t get along very well” She explained to Sehun. 

 

“No wonder I didn’t saw him during our wedding” He nodded to her explanation. 

 

“Ah whatever. Let just enjoy our drinks, shall we? Cheers Oh Sehun!” 

 

“Cheers, Rae In!” 

 

She enjoyed her drink so much. He shakes her head while watching his wife sipping her drink in one shot. It makes Sehun worried as she didn’t have a high tolerance towards alcohol. But he can’t just stop her like that. 

 

“You know what Sehun, this cocktail was so good that I think I’ll just order more. You probably need to carry me back to our room if I pass out” 

 

He remembered that he used to piggyback her to his car when he found out Rae In had drunk in the convenient store the other day. “This is not the first time tho” He whispered.

 

“What did you said?” She asked. “Nothing baby. I didn’t said anything just now”

 

Sehun was right about that. Again, she made him piggyback her to their room as she was absolutely drunk and almost lost her mind over there. At first she was just talking loudly and keep randomly sing out of nowhere but then she slowly crawl into him caressing his thighs. She was out of control and it also make Sehun crazy at the same time. With his wife wearing y dress that night that exposed her milky legs and shoulder he need to control himself, at least not until they reach their room.

 

He has promised himself that he will never let Rae In drinks alone without him in the future. God knows what else she could do in her drunk state. Sehun lying down into the mattress as soon as he managed to brings Rae In upstairs. Damn, it was pretty hard. Even though her weight wasn’t that heavy but with her clings into him like koala along the way, he does sweat a lot. Rae In herself already melted him away but seeing her in this state with her being touchy like this, it straightly made him lost his .

 

“You are so handsome. My husband is so handsome. Very...very handsome” She said in the middle of hiccups.

 

Sehun couldn’t hide his smiles anymore. “Yes I know I am. Let’s change and go to sleep okay baby?” 

 

“No! I don’t want to go sleep! I want to be with you. I want you.....oppa” 

 

That moment that she called him that, Sehun immediately lost to her. Her lips taste like mint or wine the taste from her drinks at the bar before, or sometimes like cherries or strawberries from her lip gloss. She's soft when he hold her, with her body curves where his hands rest, and when he touch her he could only think that everything amazing about Rae In was his and totally his. 

 

“Oh yeah, and all mine” He thought. 

 


 

It was a bright sunny day in the island of Mykonos. It is perfect weather for Sehun and Rae In to going out, sightseeing, explore the city while admiring the magnificent view of this place. She had breakfast in bed that Sehun has brought to her in the morning. It was so romantic as he even puts a bouquet of roses with it. Only in the morning but he already make her heart skip a beat.

 

They went around the town with the scooter that he rent for the day. They felt like they were in the drama, a scene where the hero rides a scooter with the heroine hands grips on his waist, romantically enjoy the beautiful journey. They visited several places and took photos together. Sehun always knew that she love photography so he volunteered to be her photographer today. This town had so many spots for those who love to upload photos into Instagram and it’s perfect for the aesthetic feeds. 

 

Later in the evening, they went to the beach. Compare to Santorini, Mykonos have more beautiful beaches and it will be wasted if they didn’t go here to enjoy the sea breezes. Rae In wear a bikini that she brought along in her suitcase, pair up with a beach hat and retro Dior sunglasses. It was just nice for her. But having a overprotective slash over jealousy husband, she cannot just simply wear that to the beach. Instead, he slipped his tshirt that automatically becomes a large oversize jumper over her. There is no way that Sehun will let everyone stares at his y lady.

 

“Oh wait Rae In” Sehun called. “What else mr husband?” She pouted, frustrated with him. 

 

“You forget something” He added.

 

Confused, she replied “I think I already bring everything that I need” 

 

“Aha— you forget to kiss me” He grinned. “Aish chinca Oh Sehun!”

 

They tried so many activities there including water sports, snorkeling or just simply sit by the beach enjoying the view with each other accompany. Two is always better than one. The highlight of their day will be the Poseidon motor yacht rides. The rich Oh Sehun are willing to spend thousands of dollars only to bring his wife into this luxurious yacht. 

 

It is a luxurious boat that provides all the comforts they deserve, making their honeymoon more meaningful. They feel the joy of a tour of Mykonos and the small islands around, in hidden caves and along the way the could see a trackless beaches with crystal clear water. It was beyond amazing. It is a dreamy healing cruise that let them relax under the bright sun with a champagne and enjoy at the romantic sunset. 

 

“It felt so great right to be here right?” He states into her eyes. “Especially with you”

 

“You know what Sehun, every time I look at you, I remember the nights I spent wondering if you ever love me. I was in denial each time because I always thought that this is only a one sided crush towards my own husband. Little did I know that you were wondering the same thing, too. I’m so glad that we found a way to be together again. It makes me happy”

 

“Me too. There have been so many times when I wondered if we would last long, because we have been through some very tough times in the past. You give me another chance even though I did so many bad things to you Rae In”

 

“And I....almost lost you” He added, surprised to find himself blinking back in tears. "Been through too much, me and you. We're going to finish this thing together. Till the end of our lives”

 

“I never believed in love for so long” she said. “But then I met you. And you're the man everyone said as a cold hearted person, a man belonging to the most popular group that I never thought that I will be with but you're the only person who is able to make me feel as if every part of me is beautiful. That it makes me think that this arranged marriage is a good deal for me”

 

Sehun always thinks that she is beautiful. Inside and out. His fingers runs into her hair again, removes the fallen hair that cover her beautiful eyes. His heart beats hard and he open his mouth, hoping that doing so will make him utters the right words. That he can explain being near her makes everything that's impossible about him seem possible. 

 

But the words stuck in his throat and freeze his tongue. He stunned because everything seems overwhelming to him. Rae In blinks and the hope that had been on her face disappears as she misreads his hesitation. Her hold on him loosens and she move her stares from him. 

 

"Alright I think I get too serious here. I say too much around you. I was being too talkative. I..." 

 

More words meant to wipe away more words spill from , but Sehun was not listening. His grip on her hair tightens, he lower my lips to hers and he kiss Jung Rae In, no, it is Oh Rae In. 

 

Not long after, she broke the intimate session. “Really Sehun? Seal my lips by kissing me? I thought you like my voice that you always love hearing me talks so much” 

 

“Alright enough enough. Let’s go to the the deck and do the titanic scene. I always wanted to do that!” Sehun cheered.

 

While getting into the titanic position, Rae In ask her husband a question. “If I got drown in the ocean, will you jump and save me Sehun?”

 

“Of I will! Because I don’t want other people to come and rescue you. I want to be the only person that will give you CPR into your beautiful lips” 

 

“Oh God. Help. Did you only think about kissing me?” She pinched his arm.

 

“Yes and yes. I’m addictive to it!”

 

It will be the last night of their honeymoon before they go back to Seoul. Rae In was figuring out something to surprise her husband. She didn’t need anything much but a time for him to be out of the their room for awhile, to give her enough time to make a preparation. So he sent Sehun out to the town to specially get the local food for her. Being a good husband, he will do everything she asked for. 

 

Sehun has did almost everything to make her happy and sometimes it is so easy for her to get lost in the routines of daily life and forget to appreciate his hard work. She thought that maybe this is a good time to appreciate her husband who has been there for her since day one, who holds her hand when she’s scared, who makes her feel like the most beautiful woman in the world and the most importantly who makes her believe in herself when self doubt slowly takes over.

 

‘It will be the most romantic night ever’ She hope so.

 

Getting back from the town, Sehun was shocked when he got into their room. Rae In was leaned into the wall with her hand playing with her hair. His hair was curled and she have put some light makeup in her face. Her bright red lipstick became his main focus as she looks so stunning with her silk night robes that she wore. He wonder what game that his wife trying to play at.

 

“My leg is hurting from too much walks. Can you help me massage it, babe?” 

 

She handed him a lotion and lying on the bed. The bed itself was full with rose petals and the room also was fill with a scent of aromatic candles that brings out the romantic vibes. Rae In definitely playing a dangerous game as Sehun already put the foods away and make his way towards her. There is no way that he would turn back right now. With a lust in his eyes, Sehun didn’t have wait any longer. 

 

“Princess, please stop teasing me. You are such a naughty girl” He smirks.

 

His hand climb up around her milky legs up to her thighs, squeezing them a bit. She slowly loosens her night silky robe exposing her y lingerie. She stand up to give him full access to admiring her body while ripping off the robe that become the barrier. At this time she just need to be thankful for having such an understanding sisters in law for help her in choosing the perfect y lingerie. The tips that they give during earlier of their marriage has finally useful.

 

Her whole body sank forward into his arms. His lips moved against hers, exploring so gently. She tried to follow his movements, slowly and uncertainly, until she didn't have to think about it at all because it just felt so right. He let out a soft moan at her reaction and cupped his hands behind her head, pulling her closer until no space between them. She could feel the explosion throughout her stomach. It was the most amazing thing she had ever felt. She was quite surprised that she was still able to stand.

 

“Should we extend our honeymoon longer because I think this wouldn’t enough” 

 

“Yah Oh Sehun!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hi! 

 

I’ve been battling with myself either to end this story here and post bonus chapter or just continue for a few more. At first I wanted to this only as a short story with 10 chapters all together (that’s why I already make the chapter 7-8 as the sad, main conflict chapter). 

 

But then when I read your comments, it just makes me want to write more. (Yes I’m easily motivated by your words so please comment more). So I have decided to just add few chapters more. And since the story has become longer, I need to add 1-2 conflict chapters (maybe, don’t worry it wont be as sad as the previous one) just to make this story more interesting. It would be boring right if there is too much fluff all the time?

 

A cameo from Seungri because did you guys saw the post on Sehun instagram where Seungri sent him a food truck support? Ahhhhhh that was the cutest things ever!

 

Alright I hope you guys can stay and wait for the updates from me. Please subscribe, comment and vote this story. Help me juseyo ㅠㅠ I need more vote and views. Thank you!