BONUS: ANOTHER JOY

EGOISM

Sehun walking back and forth on his office, his neck tie loosen, his hair messy and he stopped revising the paperwork that Finance Department sent him an hour ago. He stood there in front of the windows, still thinking what has gone wrong, or more into what did he do this time.

 

He wakes up as usual this morning, kicking out blankets as he lazily made his way to bathroom to clean up, went downstairs into the kitchen. He checked again that he actually didn’t missed give his wife a morning kiss, having a breakfast with his 5 years old daughter and even sent her to school.

 

Sehun still didn’t get the point why Rae In was giving him the silent treatment after they have their breakfast.

 

“Hello, boss?” Irene, his assistant knocked again on his door frame to get his attention.

 

“Oh— yes?” He asked her confused. Sehun obviously not in his right mind.

 

Irene just looked at him worriedly, “Are you okay boss? You seems lost” He just nodded and again, he ask her why she was there earlier. “You supposed to have your lunch appointment with Mr Byun and Mr Kim. 10 minutes lates, boss”

 

“Oh ! I forgot!”

 

He did sprint his way to the cafe that they have promised to have lunch with, and thankfully he managed to not be late more than 30 minutes. Kai and Baekhyun were already there, probably discussing why Sehun being late on their appointment.

 

First thing, Sehun never late. Second thing, he never forget his appointment with the boys, (although he had Irene to remind him everytime). Last thing, he actually forget on their basic deal of those-late-have-to-pay principal. To make it worse, they had scheduled their lunch in one of the most expensive restaurant in the city.

 

It is time to be grateful that he have a lot of money to spend.

 

“You know Sehun, I would like to see Kai spending his money on us today, but it was you who turned up later” Baekhyun complaints as his plan failed miserably today.

 

“Yeah bro, you never late. What’s wrong with you?” Kai asked, concerned.

 

Sehun sigh. Pull out the menu and take his order first before taking their conversation further. “I’m good. But my wife, isn’t and it give me headache to know what did I do wrong this time”

 

“The classic silent treatment?” Kai laughed. “Good luck with that. You may need to prepare with new diamond necklace or perhaps, buy her that new limited edition Gucci handbag that just launched last week? My wife talks about it everyday”

 

“Uh-oh” Baekhyun interrupted. “We are talking about Rae In here. Remember that food > everything for her? Just bring her to her favourite restaurant or anything, that might be help?”

 

“She just being weird you know” Sehun rub his temples. “One day she started to craved everything to eat, being so goofy then suddenly going on silent treatment to me”

 

“Women and complicated, perfect combo” Baekhyun said and Kai nodded in agreement. “When did the last time she act like this?”

 

Sehun looking at his best friend like he was about to punch him for making him more miserable, but then he suddenly got the point there. “It was 5 years ago...when she had Isuel...”

 

Still calculating on his own thought, Sehun suddenly jolted. “Ah! I knew it!”

 

:

 

Rae In doesn’t prepare for this, she had no idea on how to react upon the confirmation. She should have been happy when her friend, a doctor in her hospital confirmed that she already in her 7 weeks of pregnancy.

 

“Can you like do another test? To check again if I do really pregnant?” She asked again, for the the third time. Even though when she already take two test at home yesterday.

 

“Yes, Dr Rae In, I did the test again and yes...you are pregnant” The doctor seems more excited that she is. “Aren’t you supposed to be happy? Iseul is about to get a sibling!”

 

“I’m happy for that...” Rae In sigh and face palmed. “But look at me, I’m in 30s now and pregnant again? Ugh I don’t know what to do now”

 

“Hey, babe, you will doing good. 30s but you have a good health, your body still in a good shape, a strong support system from your husband and beautiful daughter, you will make it” She tried to calm her down.

 

She had gone back straightly from the hospital and picked up her daughter on her way home, feeling extra tired on the day. It could be that she carries another baby inside her belly, but today is extremely a tiring day.

 

The fact that she still pissed off with her husband because he had finished off her strawberry yogurt this morning, didn’t help her either. Now she know why she being grumpy all day and act out like that. Argument over foods? That is what pregnant Rae In will do.

 

On her way to get home, she did “test” her daughter by asking a question. “Hey Isuel, can mommy ask you something?”

 

“Sure mommy, you can ask me anyyyyyything” she replied happily.

 

“What if one day you will have a sibling, like another version of you, but smaller...you will be a big sister....what do you think about it?”

 

“I will love it!” She started to hype up. “Baekbom oppa told me that it will be fun to have another person to play with you at home”

 

“Oh I see” Rae In now have a different concept of her having another child. Her friend is right, her daughter will like it to have another sibling to spend time with.

 

:

 

They come back home with delicious aroma all over the house, it smells like her favourite, black paper steak and it just made Rae In hungry suddenly. Iseul already running upstairs into her room to get her toys, but Rae In quickly made her way to the kitchen.

 

She expected to see her kitchen helper to get ready with all the dishes, but she was even surprised when it was her husband instead with apron and all. He probably cook it to make up what he did this morning, aww how can she not fell in love with this guy.

 

He turned around and saw Rae In excitedly looking at the dishes that he prepared for their dinner. It was an early dinner, but he still want to make it as he knew that is his wife favourite.

 

“You are back early, my love” He come and hug her. “I’m sorry for this morning”

 

He did apologise to her. One thing that Sehun learned from his married friends, always to be the one who apologise even though you had no idea where did you go wrong. And luckily, it is working.

 

“It’s okay Sehun, I was being irrational for a silly thing” Now that he aware, the silent treatment could be over the smallest ridiculous thing.

 

“Can we eat now?” He asked, feeling hungry. “My little baby might feel hungry too” He said as he bent down a bit, eyes on her belly area.

 

“Sehun?” She asked, confuse. “You— you already know?”

 

He stole a quick peck on her lips (he better do that before Iseul come down, don’t want to be another session of ‘why you kiss mommy’).

 

“You had that cute mood-swings season last time, you suddenly craving for so many foods, so I assume. And then I come home and noticed the pregnancy test on the dustbin. I knew it, my love”

 

He caressed her hair, overwhelm with the unexpected surprise that he got today. “I’m so happy Rae In, more than you could imagine. Thank you”

 

Being in a rollercoaster mood, she suddenly cried. “I wasn’t this excited when I heard the news. I was afraid that I couldn’t cope with it. But then...” She sobs more. “Iseul accepting it well and you, being the supportive husband love it, I just can’t wait to have another mini us in this house”

 

“Hey...don’t cry...” He shush her like he always did. “We will do this together. I love you, Rae In”

 

“I love you more, Sehun” At this time, it wasn’t surprised anymore when they had a heated kiss session at the kitchen.

 

And of course, his another drama princess had to be in the scene.

 

“Daddy! Why you kiss mommy!”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Surprise chapter. I hope you like it :)