THREE

EGOISM

Once in a while Sehun will take Rae In back to his parents house in Gangnam. He might look like a rebellious teenager but he always a spoiled kid to his family. He is the only son in the household with two other older sisters. Contrary to Rae In, he enjoyed living with his family back then. He always felt that there is no better place rather than home.

 

Sehun know that his wife didn’t experienced all of the sweetness in her family so he make efforts to let her feel that with his family. Fortunately even before they got married, his family already likes her. They all aware that Rae In family was broken - one of the reason why they agreed to arranged them into this marriage, to save Rae In from her abusive father.

 

Both of the families are rich because of their successful business. When Jung family mostly consider that everything could be buy using money, Oh family think otherwise. They know that their son, at least could give this little girl hope and love. Rae In on the other hand was so grateful to have Oh family as her in-laws.

 

They are so kind and love her just like their own family. And because of their kindness, everyday she have to slowly kill each of her ego and open her heart to fully accept them as her family. It’s not that she wasn’t regard them as her family yet, but what she meant is truly accept it without any guilty in her. Not because of act or anything. But purely sincere from her heart.

 

“Sorry we are late omma, appa. Sehun overslept and forgot that we need to come here today” Rae In said politely.

 

“It’s okay Rae In. We know that your husband is naturally a lazy bum. Right son?” 

 

“Yeah yeah but this lazy bum is always your lovely son and a husband to my sweetheart. Right baby?” Sehun ruffles her hair messily.

 

They are getting used to it. Sweet nickname for each other, perfectly match with their act in front of the family. It was awkward before when they suddenly have to act lovely with each other but after a while they didn’t felt weird even if they have to use some skinship.

 

It was all Sehun requests. He promised her that he would agree to this marriage, but in return she need to play along in front of them. He is such a good son and he don’t want to let down both of his parents. He want them to think that he is happy with this arranged marriage - he thought that maybe he didn’t lie on this matter, maybe.

 

They had dinner together as a complete family and Sehun insists his wife to sit beside him. He took out the chair for her, received a good reaction from everyone in the dining hall. They thought that was so romantic. So as Rae In. Having an arranged husband like him and the fact that their marriage wasn’t build with love, she never expect to receive any kind of romantic act.

 

But sometimes even with this little things that Sehun did, it could make her heart flutters. Rae In frowns when she saw most of the tasty dishes contains seafood - too bad she can’t have it. The only choice that she had is to eat plain rice with the raw salad. She didn’t want to look rude especially when her mother in-law personally cook all of the meals.

 

However, Sehun has personally requested his mother to cook chicken stew for Rae In, knowing that his wife allergic to seafood. He knows that Rae In is too polite to say that she can’t eat all those dishes in front of his mother so he prepared this for her. Sehun don’t want to be a mean husband to let his wife starving.

 

Meanwhile Rae In felt so thankful and at the same time embarrassed. She didn’t want his family to think that she’s such a spoiled kid especially when Sehun did extra care for her foods. To repay his kindness, she decided to peel of some shrimp and shove it to her husband plate. This is one of his favorite but he was too lazy to peel of the shrimp. Sehun coughed. Surprised that Rae In will do that for him.

 

“Aren’t you too old for your wife to peel it off for you?” His father ask him sarcastically. 

 

“Aww they are so sweet right yobbo? It seems like I could expect grandchild soon” Of course, his mother need to in.

 

Rae In chokes on her food and Sehun quickly pass the water. He pat her back and clear his throat.

 

“Your mother was right. I think it’s time for your guys to build a family. We are not young to wait Sehun, Rae In” They look into each other eyes. It was awkward.

 

“I don’t mind about that appa. Ask her. She will be the one who pregnant after all”

 

Of course he didn’t mind when the one that have a red face right here is his wife. The only thing that she hate when they have family meeting is this question. If only they know that Sehun and her didn’t even made love yet.

 


 

They only been together for half of a year but Rae In surprisingly blend well with Sehun family, especially with the Oh sisters. The oldest is married and the other one still pursuing her studies in Seoul Art college. She didn’t have any experience with other girls so she didn’t know how to be friends with the sisters.

 

Luckily they are so friendly and talkative too. It could balance well when she mostly taking part of being the silencer in the conversation. They taught her many things such as self grooming, makeup, fashion - the girly things. They have annual company dinner tomorrow and Rae In had to ask for their help for dress. The thing that she completely lost.

 

The sisters are very comfortable with her and already regard her as their own little sister. Besides giving advice on beauty and self care, they also give her some tips on relationships. Considering themselves as sifu - who are experienced enough being a girlfriend and wife. They always told them that it will took time to win his heart. Even though he look cold on the outside but he have a kind heart. Sehun always be their baby, little boy that is very clingy to them, whines every time he want something. But he always be a good protector.

 

They know he will become a good husband and father. Speaking of that topic, the sisters gives 101 tips to Rae In on how to ually seduce her husband including give her set of y night wear and healthy tonic. Unable to control her blushing red face, she excuse herself from the sisters room. Rae In runs her feet towards their bedroom but unfortunately bumped into Sehun. She quickly hide the bag behind her.

 

“Look in front when you are walking next time, stupid! By the way where are you going just now and what is in that bag?”

 

“I’m from your sisters room. This bag? No— nothing. Gi—girl stuff”

 

She had to hide the Victoria Secret bag before Sehun coming back to their room. He couldn’t see it, it will be too embarrassing for her. He will for that. She have seen Sehun shirtless for countless times but she wasn’t ready for him to look at this confidential side of her. Even though it was legal for him as her husband, but she’s not ready for that yet.

 

Rae In look around the room checking out his things. Sehun was a neat person indeed. Everything is put in a proper place nicely. His wardrobe is in another level, something that she amazed. She likes branded clothes as well but since she wasn’t that fashionable, her collection is little compare to this.

 

Gucci to Channel, Stussy to Kenzo - no wonder people adores his style in campus. From that she move to another section of the wardrobe, his casual clothes. She was fascinated with his collections of sweatshirts and hoodies. It was more than 30 pieces. She wonder how much he had in total if all this clothes only half of it, half was transferred to their shared apartment. She took one of the hoodie and wear it.

 

“I swear that his hoodie smells good and it’s so comfortable” Rae In whispering.

 

“What now? Starting to wear your husband clothes?” All of sudden he was there.

 

He caught her off guard. Sehun know that his wife lowkey hopes that he will give her that hoodie. Sehun smile when he saw her reaction. She totally like it. The hoodie that she took actually one of his favorite and he just used it last week when he visited this house. His smells are still there. Weirdly she love that. He heard somewhere that girl prefer wearing boy hoodie especially the one that have been used. Unwashed hoodie with boy perfume is perfect - what a weird .

 

Rae In been here for a few times yet this is the first time she explored his room. It was a good sign for Sehun, knowing that she has become more comfortable around his house and adjust herself well. Sehun wish one day she could able to regard this house as her own. A place that she could call home.

 

Sehun slipped into the comforter and pat space beside him. “Are you nervous Rae In? Come on this is not the first time we sleep together” 

 

“Shut up jerk” She replied. Truthfully, she did not meant what she said.

 

“This jerk won’t you Rae In" His voice was low. Shifting to the other side of the bed, he muttered, "Just go to the bed”

 

Just when she thought that she will be having a good sleep, Rae In was wrong. It will be a long night for her. Sehun must be offended. Every time they went to his family house, they have to share the bed together. His parents will be suspicious if they sleep separately and since none of them willing to sleep on the couch, they decided to sleep together.

 

Rae In didn’t put any conditions such as put boolster in between or draw a lines to each other not to cross. She trust Sehun wouldn’t do anything without her consent except for hugging or nuzzle his nose into her hair - just like what they will end up in every morning when they share a bed.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you Rae In?! Stop shifting around the bed fat . I’m trying to sleep right here” He hissed.

 

“I’m not that fat!" She defend herself. "It just that— Actually you are not a jerk Sehun”

 

“Sleep now or I will kiss you”

 


 

Rae In wake up with an empty bed in the morning. Sehun probably still hurt from last night, she thought. Apparently her husband has left early to play golf with his father. He didn’t even tell her about it and she only knew it when her mother in-law told her during breakfast. She was unintentionally called him jerk last night but she didn’t expect that Sehun will take it seriously.

 

It is normal for them to argue all day but being sulking to each other are rare. Rae In had zero experienced handling it and she didn’t know how to coax him. She’s been thinking about it for the whole times and too bad it was too obvious in her face.

 

Thank God his mother are super supportive and very understanding. Unable to control her face expression, Rae In mother in-law noticed that this little girl seems like having a problem. After she has been told that the couple had a little argument last night, the old women willingly help her daughter in-law with some tips on how to win back his heart. Few advices were given and one of the option that she could think as the best solution is to cook for him.

 

Luckily she didn’t need to think hard on what menu she should cook, when she got his husband mother with her. She definitely knew what her son favorite dish and Rae In decided to cook him Lasagna. At this point she was grateful that at least she have talent in cooking. Something that she could be proud in front of her mother in-law.

 

“So are you trying to bribe me with my favorite food?” Sehun eyes her when she invited him to sit at the dining table.

 

Her head keep hanging low, “I cook specially for you Sehun. Will you forgive me, husband?”

 

Seeing that smile plastered on her little face is something that Sehun couldn’t resist. He looks into her eyes and that moment he knew that he have been defeated. It’s not that he was that mad with her, it just a little bit hurt to heard that from her especially when he already tried his best not to be a jerk to her.

 

Everyday Sehun trying to be a better person. Maybe he couldn’t fully change it yet but with a little bit more times maybe it will be successful. They didn’t do much at home today since he was alone at the house while all the girls going out to get ready for the night. He pleaded his sisters so bad to tag along but they reject him. Said that there will be a surprise for him later and it’s worth to wait.

 

Rae In spend her entire day with her mother in-law and the Oh sisters to spa and saloon, prepare for the dinner event tonight. They went for manicure and pedicure, hair grooming, make up session, anything that will make them more prettier. Tonight she is donning a beautiful flowy tube dress from Versace with a pair of high heels and pearl diamond necklace, a gift from Madam Oh to complete her look.

 

Head to toe she is so perfect. Sehun almost loss his words when he saw Rae In. She was so beautiful and he definitely couldn’t take his eyes from her for the entire night. Sehun and his family went to event place with different rides. His excuse will be to have his own time with his angelic wife - too cringed for his sisters when they heard it.

 

“You can let me go now. Your parents are not here anymore” Too awkward with super close position they had, Rae In shyly break the silence among them.

 

“No beautiful. I will never let you go tonight” Sehun only tightens his grip into her waist. Only if Sehun know how she felt at that moment.

 

The event went well and everyone seems to enjoy the party. The music, foods and decorations are so perfect. It was luxurious - a typical formal dinner event would be. Rae In was used to all this kind of party since she was a kid, being the only heir to Jung empire. But all this kind of things wasn’t her interest.

 

Unlike Sehun who seems very active talking to the board director and shareholders probably talking about future business opportunities, Rae In choose to sit alone at back of the hall. For her this is all bull event that everyone went just to find another opportunity to became more richer than they already are. Why can’t everyone stop thinking about money even for a while. Does happiness really rely on money? She sick of this world.

 

“Did this Cinderella lost one of her glass shoes or her pumpkin carriage just left?” Sehun smirked.

 

“I’m waiting for my prince that said he wouldn’t let me go tonight but he disappear once we enter the ballroom”

 

”I’m sorry okay princess? Now let me take you out from this place. I don’t have a pumpkin carriage but will Lamborghini do?” It is once in a blue moon that they can jokes with each other comfortably like this.

 

Sehun aware that his wife was already bored with the event so he decided to left early. He was done with his part anyway. As future CEO of Oh Group, he need to show his face at least at the event and change greeting with his father business allies. He didn’t like it either.

 

He wish that he could just be with Rae In and let every man that stares her tonight know that she was his. But it was part of his job. Soon after graduate he will take over his father place and handle the business. The night is still early so he took Rae In out to have some fun. It is rare occasion for them to have date together since she barely want to go out with him so Sehun took this opportunity to have a date with her.

 

He took her to Namsan Tower. He couldn’t even believe that they are here. Especially with their formal attire - only to received stares from others. He probably going to regret this later because the normal cold stone heart Sehun will never do this and wife should be proud to be the first women ever that he brought here.

 

They went up to the place where the heart locked event was. Rae In suggests to make one with their name on it, for fun. But Sehun immediately turns down that suggestions telling her it was too cheesy for him and cliche. Not even care about what he said, she secretly buy one heart lock pad and write their name on it before locked it at the designated place.

 

“You spoiled the romantic mood Sehun. Come on let’s go back” Rae In sigh.

 

“You supposed to know that I can’t be the one”

 

As if in the romance drama, Sehun and Rae In suddenly stuck inside the cable car. Due to some technical error, it stopped for a while. It was a silent awkward scene between them both who sit across each other with a slight dim light from the outside, avoiding each other stares.

 

It is only mid winter. Rae In already shivering from the coldness and once a while she will hug her arm to feel the warmth from her own hands. Sehun couldn’t not notice that and pass her his suit to cover up. Sehun eyeing her up from head to toe,  “If you are smart enough, you wouldn’t wear this tube dress during this cold weather Rae In”

 

Sehun is the first one to broke the silent between them. He then pat the space beside him to let her sit. Not received any reaction, he pull her to make her sit beside him. Close enough to let her side body brush his arm. Sehun then pull out his arm to bring her closer before hugging the tiny body. Not to spoil the vibes there, she put her head into his broad chest and enjoyed his touch. They spend some times there. Admiring the beautiful of Seoul city under the bright sky.

 

“Sehun, thank you for tonight. I enjoyed it very much” Rae In said it sincerly.

 

Being a playful, he asked, “Does it better than your previous date?”

 

“You know that I never have boyfriend before Sehun. You are the only guy that I have in my life”

 

 

 

 

A/N: I’m sorry if this chapter is boring ㅠㅠ I will improve the story line in the next chapter.