EPILOGUE

EGOISM

(Double update if you come to this chapter first so please check the previous one)

 

...

 

Rae In walking happily with a hot latte in one of her hand, while the others occupied with her mobile phone, checking the latest gossip that entertainment world would offered. She passed by the main security in the lobby of Oh Empire without any problem, and soon the staff that recognized her automatically flashing their best smiles while giving a respect bow to the wife of their CEO, Oh Sehun.

 

She pressed the highest button on the elevator, intending to go to the upper lever where her husband office located. It just another day in that week that she waited most. Where she took a one day leave on her job, went to Sehun office and get ready for her monthly appointment with her maternity doctor. Sehun being a good husband, he will never let her go alone. Unless when something important come up but then he will sent her mother on behalf of him. 

 

Her face beaming with joy as soon the elevator stop at level 21, with Irene his personal assistant already waving at her direction. “Hello Mrs Oh. It’s been awhile since I met you!” 

 

“I’m sorry for not visiting you soon, Irene. How’s life? I heard that that your son turned two years last week!” Rae In said. They have grown closer ever since Sehun always made his assistant to do some errands for his wife. 

 

“Everything is good Mrs Oh and thank you for the bunch of gift that you send for my son. He liked it so much” She politely thanks her employer. “Are you going for the doctor appointment later?” 

 

Rae In nodded. She slightly peeking through her husband door while talking to her. “Yes Irene. He’s not going to let me going without him this time. Is he busy now?” 

 

“I don’t think so Mrs Oh. You can just go to his room straight away” Irene lead her way before leaving his boss and his wife alone for the privacy. 

 

Upon her arrival inside his big office, which he wasn’t even realized the knock on door, she quickly let out a sigh for the lack of attention from her super busy husband. She come closer and sit into the chair across him. Fingers tapped on the glass table, a smile quickly flashed on her face when she saw what has gained her husband focus for all this while. 

 

Sehun was reading some online article on pregnancy. It probably sound weird for a husband to read it instead of the wife, but he just wanted to have a knowledge of the pregnancy too. He could learn so much things through the read. The more he know about what she’s going through, the better equipped he will know how to help. 

 

She even noticed some short notes that he has made. It mostly focus on what the mother experiencing during each step of her pregnancy. He must be that excited to became a dad. “Sehun” She called softly. 

 

“Yes my love. I’ll be done in few minutes. Can you wait for me?” He said while his eyes still fixed on the 14-inch screen.

 

Rae In nodded to him. She asked, “What did you learn today babe?” 

 

“I just found out chocolate are not that harmful that for pregnant woman” He said matter of fact. Rae In expression had turned to be more cheerful than ever when she heard that. “So is that mean that I’m going to get my chocolate back? I’m so glad that you finally are going to lifted the ban on sweets!” 

 

Sehun stand up and walk to her direction. He her hair affectionately before giving her a kiss on forehead. “You can eat that sweetheart, but not that much. I will still control it” 

 

“But you said....” She frown a bit when Sehun shake his head in disagreement. He then took her hand before leaving out his office, ready to go for the appointment. “Let’s go darling. I will buy you your favorite ice cream when we done”

 

Rae In was in her week 12 of pregnancy and this will be her third appointment with her regular maternity doctor. Along the way, this is the second time that her husband tagged along for the usual checking. He had missed it last time and he almost being over dramatic husband and feeling so bad about it. He wanted to be there for the whole journey, since this is the first experience for both of them.

 

He didn’t mind about spending extra time or even when he canceled his business meeting if he had to. It actually to show to his pregnant wife that he will be there with her all the way in the pregnancy. Even if it have to take him nine months. Plus, he will know exactly what’s going on with her pregnancy and will be better prepared to help her.  Sehun definitely pay close attention to what the doctor says during the visits. Rae In sometimes even couldn’t catch up with the information as much as him.

 

“I see that you don’t really caught in morning sickness. Is that so Mrs Oh?” The doctor asked. “Are you feeling better? Is there anything bothered you during this first trimester?” 

 

“I’m glad that this little thing didn’t give me any hardship” Rae In pointed out to her belly. “Apart of endless craving, I think nothing serious happened to me. I’m blessed to be one of the rare mothers that didn’t have the morning sickness symptoms”

 

The female doctor just smiled looking at her. “I bet that Mr Oh must be in his best efforts in satisfying your craving” She then display her patient medical report. “You have gained a weight from before. Apart from that, your baby is in a good condition”

 

What he have learned so far was how to be more patient in any situation. Mostly into handling his wife. Pregnancy totally wreaks havoc on his wife hormones. Some days Rae In will feel fantastic but some days she will bite his head off as soon as Sehun open his mouth and some days she will just break down and cry for no reason at all. Just like that day, when she got back home sobbing in mess when the doctor told her that she gained a weight slightly.

 

All he could do is just to be more patient and tell himself that it’s just the pregnancy hormones. Back then, even when he already married to her, he clearly remembered that he couldn’t be this patient towards someone. He used his teenage life telling people off from his life, throw shades to his unlucky victims, let out his angers just like that. But now he can’t even believe that he just stay there, calmly and not to snapped at his wife tantrums. 

 

He read it somewhere that this is normal and as a husband, what he could for her is keep telling her that she looks beautiful as always and remind her that he love her. A pregnant wife surely will be undergoing some serious body transformations during pregnancy. However, it wasn’t that easy for her to accept the slight differences on her physical. 

 

Sehun went inside their bedroom and found his wife inside her walking wardrobe area, she stand in front of the vanity table with both of her hands covered her face. He come closer and hug her from behind. “Sehun....”

 

“I’m not that beautiful anymore” She trails off as more tears flowing down. “I’m getting fat and I didn’t look that attractive anymore for you”

 

“Shhhh my love listen here” As he tightened his hold. “You look just amazing as always. You are not fat, you look just cute with this little baby bump. My darling are beautiful as ever and no one can ever beat that. Plus, who said that you didn’t attractive anymore? Darling you got me with your y pregnancy body did you know that?”

 

She blushed through the comment and hide her face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his natural scent. During this pregnancy also made Sehun has to throw away his favorite expensive perfume. Just because his wife hate the smell and he didn’t want to risk himself of getting kicked from the bed just because of that. He almost have to sleep on the couch outside on the second week of her pregnancy.

 

She was being irrational for these few weeks and she aware about that. Especially during the time when her craving suddenly come out of nowhere. On random day, Rae In would just whines to her husband and without any questions he will be just, “Yes my love, what would you like to eat?”

 

Can she get a better husband than Oh Sehun? No she can’t.

 

After so many years together, Sehun still have this powerful effect that would make Rae In heart beat faster. The only person that will make her smile just by mentioning his name. That will make her day better and even the night perfect. They have come so far, through so many changes. It even made her forget that they were actually arranged into this marriage— which she never expected that it will lasted to this stage. 

 

Sehun, he used to treat her as a person that he hate most on the day that they was engaged. But today, he never missed his routine to tell her how much he love her. If someone would ask how she could describe her husband back to years ago; she would say that Sehun was a cold person with the most genuine heart. She knew that he didn’t even invested any feelings toward her before, but he always treat her nicely. Even the best she ever had. 

 

Through out so many challenges and hardships that they have faced in their marriage, she never even regret once in her life for having this man as her husband. Because she know that with Sehun, she could just endure anything in this life. At the end, it would be him. Only him. 

 


 

The journey of pregnancy, approaching six months for at that moment, for both Sehun and Rae In definitely an amazing one. It was beautiful, it was surreal and one that was truly hard to understand and fully grasp without having gone through it. What make it more memorable was they did it together. 

 

Their entire world was about to change. For him and for her. It mixed in with all the joy, excitement and anticipation for the future. However there is still uncertainty, fear and questions that arise among them such as, how would they deal with their child later? Can they do it? Are they really ready for all of this responsibility? 

 

It wouldn’t be easy as they already aware of that. They heard it from their families, their friends and even from the internet source too. But it wouldn’t be possible if they promise each other to do their best. It shouldn’t be that complex. If they don’t know, then all they have to do is to learn. After all, they have waited for years for this. To have a baby, to have a child that will be a prove to their greatest love.

 

It becomes harder when she was in her week 27 of pregnancy. Her baby bump has grown larger make it more visible and Rae In has become more restricted due to her condition. To the level that she have to asked for Sehun help to get up from the couch. “Babe, up up” 

 

“Did you know that you have become more cuter Rae In?” He and not forgetting about helping to walk to their bedroom. 

 

Pregnancy can be both physically and emotionally demanding, so Sehun has decided to not burden his wife with any unneeded pressure. Rae In is a perfect ideal wife that will always make sure to help on the household chores but ever since she pregnant, he strictly forbid her to do anything and literally pass everything to their maids. He even build a small elevator in their mansion for her uses. 

 

As her tummy has grown bigger, it somehow became a barrier for her being active as she used before. She has limit her work in the hospital only for consultation, not bother in doing any physical work. She had enough of her husband nagging at her about the same thing over and over again. Not to forget that she is a doctor too, surely she know well how to take care of herself and most importantly, the baby that she carried.

 

In anyway, if there’s something about having this baby bump that give her hard time it would probably about how her sleeping become more and more uncomfortable as she gets further along in her pregnancy. Sehun sometimes complained too, said this her baby bump and the body pillow that he bought for her separated him to be more closer to her body when they sleep. 

 

“Rae In” Sehun called her name softly as he entered their bedroom with a glass of milk in his hand. “Drink this before you sleep”

 

“Thank you my baby daddy” She said before handling back the empty glass to him back. “What are you going to talk about to the baby tonight?” 

 

He then brings his face on her baby bump level and caressing it. “I’m going to tell my baby that one day when she grown up and become more prettier, I’ll be there to protect her from any useless boy who wanted to broke her heart” 

 

“You little freak over protective daddy” She chuckled. “It will be just enough for her to grown up healthy and lovely” 

 

Sehun couldn’t be more than happy after he found out the gender of their baby through the scan at the hospital the other day. He screamed in joy as soon as the doctor announced it and showered his wife with a lot of kisses, only stopped when Rae In pinch him on his thigh. She was so embarrassed that he did it in public. Especially in front of her maternity doctor. 

 

His favorite things to do now is to rub her belly in every chance that he could do. There was one night, she was laying in the bed and he sticks his finger into her belly button. As she was puzzled with what he did, he just told her that he likes to think that he and the baby are holding hands. 

 

And there was a time when he came home and with each kiss he laid on her head he hummed the tune to twinkle twinkle little star. Rae In asked what that was about. He then said that he sing the song to their baby. She burst into laughter before she told him the fact the baby wasn’t in her head though. But he came out with unexpected answer which he was singing into her microphone so the baby could hear. 

 

“Just where did you learn this from Sehun?” She still couldn’t stop laughing at his weird theory. 

 

“Hmmm Baekhyun?” He replied. “He told me that he did that to his baby every night”

 

Rae In just thought that these guys surely just did that due to their excitement. In their 30s or what, they are just like a child themselves. She never believed Baekhyun and whatever that he might teach her husband. 

 

But Sehun are getting so adorable these days. Like when the first time her husband felt the baby kick. He was so happy he said that it was so precious that he don't want to wash his hand ever again. He nearly make Rae In cried because that was too sweet. He doesn't usually show how much he happy on something which is why it was even more special.

 

“I think mummy and her little baby need to sleep now. Goodnight, my love” He kiss her on her lips before they heading to sleep. 

 

But apart of the sweetest things that he did, there was still a moment that Sehun couldn’t just cope up with everything. He’s a human too and since this is his first experience, he lack on many aspect too. Having a stress on works, and that he have to make a time for his wife too could make him tired sometimes. 

 

Like when there was a night when he totally passed out and in need of a good sleep. After having a long day with several meetings and discussions he totally couldn’t be more understanding and accommodating when Rae In wake him for several time during his sleep just because she need to pee. He just don’t get it why a pregnant woman need to pee for so many times especially during that hours. 

 

She wake him up for several times but he wouldn’t bulge. Rae In also don’t want to disturb him if she didn’t need him to get her up from their bed. On her last try, he just rolled his eyes and grumble under his breath. Since she couldn’t hold it anymore, she struggled on herself to get finally got up and went to the toilet by herself. 

 

Few seconds after that, Sehun hurriedly make his way to the toilet as he heard his wife screamed. She almost slipped on her way there but thankfully she able to grab on the wall, prevent her from falling. That was so near for her to almost got miscarriage. It make Sehun realized that his selfishness could just harm his wife and baby. 

 

Since then, he never let her go alone no matter how much he tired. He would make time for her because he just couldn’t bare to lose his beloved wife. Besides that, he also make sure to keep on the light and make her path to the bathroom clear so she doesn’t trip over anything during her night walk.

 

“I will do anything just to protect you and our baby. I swear on my life” 

 


 

Rae In went through the door into the new room with so much emotion on her. Called it pregnancy blues, but there was just some day that she felt overwhelmed and wanted to cry out loud. Maybe because it wasn’t about herself anymore, it’s about the baby that she carry and her family. Her priority that she will put before anything else. 

 

The room that specially designated for their newborn baby has finally complete its renovation. The wall was painted with pink paint, totally too cute for the baby girl concept. With the help of Sehun, they finally done with the preparation while waiting for their baby. They went to shopping together, choosing numerous branded baby stuffs and even organize this room by themselves.

 

She felt so thankful that her husband was there with her even since beginning. And now when she was just about one month away from the delivery date, she couldn’t help but to get attached to his baby daddy. It just a special occasion when she decided to write a heartfelt letter to him. 

 

Dear my husband, 

 

Right now as I write these words I’m about to on 8 months of pregnancy. Nothing fancy but just a honest confession from an emotional lady who feeling swollen, very tired yet excited much to meet our baby girl in the next month (be prepared; this little princess could just give you surprise at any moment).

 

This letter really represents my true love to you and it fills me with such immense gratitude that my man (its you baby daddy!) is such a strong, caring, lovely and a husband with beautiful soul. I am thrilled that our daughter will be born into such amazing person like you. 

 

Parenting could be hard, I know and this is my biggest concern ever since. I’m afraid that I couldn’t be the best. But then, there was you. That will hold my hand affectionately and tell me that I can do this, that we can do this...together. Thus, I’m ready for the challenges and to go on this adventure with you. 

 

This letter wasn’t supposed to be a sad will that I leave for you. No, I’m going to make sure that we (me and our little princess) to survive and having you in our arms as soon as I’m done with all the pain. And you have to wait for us. Trust me when I said that I would kick your ball if I didn’t see you anyway near. 

 

I love you Oh Sehun and always do. 

 

Love,

Mummy and little princess.

 

“Okay dear mummies, I need you to take a deep breath” As the instructor said. “Alright sweetie you guys are doing just good” 

 

“Oh God Rae In I think my hand is about to broke” Sehun hissed in pain when she tightened her grip on his hand. “Don’t be too hard love. This is just a practice!” 

 

Rae In just rolled her eyes but still didn’t let his hand away. “Come on Sehun. The pain that I’m going to get through will be more than this” 

 

“Alright mummy I got that” What? Isn’t that obvious that a man could never win an argument among his wife. 

 

Rae In had made him sign up for a parenting class together. He slightly embarrassed since there are not many husband participated in this class, but he shrugged it off just for his wife. Thats because he knew that even if his wife is planning to be the primary caretaker, but both of them are going to be parents. He should learn too on how to change diapers, fix bottles and install a carseat properly alongside his wife. 

 

He want Rae In to feel like he is her partner in this whole process, not just merely as an interested observer. As a man Sehun wish to be there for her as much as possible. He wanted her to be as happy and comfortable as possible and he wanted to do whatever he could to help their little princess come out kicking and screaming like a champion.

 

Later when they done with the final session of the parenting class, they joined the rest of EXO for a lunch session together. It just the boys and Rae In, without their partner and wives. It reminds her a lot about the past. During their college time when everyone being so carefree and didn’t even care about anything else. 

 

But look at everyone now, being so matured, well maybe. With each of them already stable in their business, making a name on each specific industry, some has already gotten into marriage phase and the rest will soon follow. While having their own commitments towards their family and job, they never forget each other and the bond are getting stronger each day. 

 

“So anyone here care to explain while we at this age, on a round table crammed to each other while waiting for the fried chicken?” Xiumin started the conversation. 

 

“Yup when we mostly the most successful CEOs...aren’t we supposed to have a nice lunch at the luxurious restaurant?” Suho added. 

 

Kai furrowed his eyebrows looking at the elders. “I love fried chicken! Age totally doesn’t matter when it comes to food” 

 

“I’m not complaining. I love fried chicken too!” Sehun said while high-five to his best friend. “My babies too” 

 

Baekhyun looks slightly confused with his statement. “Babies?” He asked. “Yeah babies. My wife and our little princess” As Sehun playfully replied. 

 

“Euwww cheesy mezzy I hate you guys” Chen groaned. “I want my cold hearted Sehun and the ice princess back” 

 

They all laughed to his statement in response. Of course, if it could be the person who have seen it all, it should be EXO. They were there since Sehun and Rae In first encounter, through their journey for years and still be there with them in no matter situation. After all, friendship isn’t only about who you have known the longest. It’s about who walked into out life and said that they are here for us. With these boys, they literally just proved it.

 

“Yeol, stop spilling the drink on the floor” Kyungsoo put his chicken down and warned him. 

 

With the most confusing expression, he fight back. “What the hell hyung. It’s not me!”

 

“Then tell me what is this all about” Kyungsoo are getting mad at this point. Then suddenly the space become quite. They are looking at Kyungsoo, to Chanyeol and stop at Rae In.

 

“Oh..No...No” She started to panic. “I think my water just broke!” 

 

They don’t need a second alarm for that. Everyone started to running around for the panic attack. Rae In already had her breath unstable for that moment while Sehun keep being on her side. Thankfully that they have the elder members who can act rationally to the situation, unlike the rest who just jumped around and making a scene inside the chicken restaurant. 

 

With a proper instruction and plan, finally they calmed down. Suho, Kyungsoo and Sehun took soon-to-be a mother to the hospital immediately via car while Kai, Xiumin and Chen went to Sehun house to get what they need. Thankfully that they have packed the necessities earlier. Said that it better to be prepared. 

 

Since Baekhyun and Chanyeol couldn’t get their calm, they were told to get both of Sehun and Rae In families and go to the hospital later. It chaotic as usual. Well, don’t call them EXO for nothing because they would just having over dramatic moment in no matter situation.

 

She was rushed immediately into the labor room as soon as they reached to the hospital. Being the VVIP there or more specifically being the the Vice President of the hospital, she literally have the privileges on getting the best treatment there. “Make your way please! We have a patient coming!” Said the medical assistant as they push the stretcher.

 

The boys waiting outside the labor room with so much anxiety. Especially Sehun. Even when the floor fully equipped with air-conditioning but it didn’t help him as his forehead are full with sweats. He couldn’t keep calm, he wanted his wife to be okay, to be save. 

 

All eight of them stand up abruptly when they saw a doctor came out from the room. The doctor look surprised with a line of good looking gentlemen in front of her. “Well hmm— may I know which one is the baby daddy to Mrs Oh?” 

 

“Me. I’m her husband” Sehun raised his hand in respond. “Your wife might need you in the process Mr Oh”

 

As Sehun left with the doctor, the rest keep waiting for them patiently outside the labor room. Giving a strength to their best friend from a far. 

 

“Love, you can do this. Just a little bit more push and we are done” Sehun whispers to her as she battle with the contraction. 

 

“This is so hurt Sehun” She cried all over again while trying her best. Sehun had predict this, he really meant it when he said that his wife going to break his hand. 

 

But as much as her complaining, it would be never same compare to what she felt. Being a pregnant wife is tough. It’s so painful that his heart are clenching so hard every time her tears fall down. He couldn’t bare to see his wife like that. Seeing what Rae In went through for hours just to bring their kid into the world certainly gave him a greater appreciation for her and for womankind in general. 

 

It was the biggest sacrifices that she made. To go through the most painful moments in her life just to make sure that their child to breath, to live with them. “Congratulations Mr and Mrs Oh! You princess has come out beautifully!”

 

The moment that the doctor announced it, Sehun went froze. Without further waiting, he come close to his wife. The sweetest moment of all is when Sehun gives her a tender kiss, making the whole labor room medical staff awwww at them. “You did a good job Rae In. Thank you...I love so much”

 

“Our baby....I need to see her” She said weakly. After few hours of spending her entire strength, this is absolutely normal. 

 

“She so pretty, Rae In. Just like you”

 

He was speechless when the doctor held him the baby, he just couldn’t believe that he hold his own baby. His little princess. He kiss her tiny face before giving it to her mummy. Without he even realized, the tears flown from his eyes. So much that he didn’t remember when the last time he cried that hard. 

 

Sehun saw his daughter first breath, he witnessed a kind of strength in her wife that left him in awe of what she could do. That she capable in doing that. He can't imagine for not being there. How she going to go through that without his support? Surely there were times he was tempted to look away. But Sehun glad that he didn't.

 

“Our princess!”

“So pretty!” 

“Awww my heart!”

 

EXO boys excitedly went to visit them later at the ward. They have bring her so many gifts, not to mention that everything was from a luxurious branded. They showered her with lot of kisses and even fight with each other just to hold him. Sehun and his wife glad that their princess is loved by everyone.

 

“Congratulations Mr and Mrs Oh. Your daughter is so pretty!” Irene, his assistant greets them. She come with several shopping bags that Rae In spotted with famous brand on it. She leaned closer to whisper at her, “A little gift from Mr Oh for you” 

 

Rae In ready to fight her husband back on spending so much into her but quickly stopped when Sehun kiss her hand. “No argument, love. After all the painful and exhausted hours in the labor room, all I wanted to do is spoiling you with this little things”

 

“Thank you daddy. I love you so much” She smiles at him. Sehun just about to kiss her after saying that he love her too but stopped when he noticed that everyone staring into them weirdly. Rae In has turned red from embarrassment. She knew exactly why they did that. “I mean, my baby daddy” 

 

Baekhyun has bring his wife, Sora to the hospital too. He hold the newborn while showing it to his baby boy. “Baekho, this is your friend” His son just 3 months older. 

 

“So Sehun, how was it? Being in the labor room?” He added. Sharing their experiences as a father.

 

“I watched my wife tear apart like tissue paper! My heart was just about to stop every time she screamed” Sehun dramatically said. 

 

Sora who had sit beside Rae In then interrupted the conversation, “You should see Baekhyun! He fainted when he saw so many blood!” 

 

Baekhyun quickly send a death glare to his wife for exposing him. “Well, I have a son and now you are getting a daughter” He paused before giving them a smirk, “How about we arranged them into marriage?” 

 

“NO!” Rae In and Sehun simultaneously answer it. 

 

But what they know, because of this arranged marriage that made them tied to each other, happily to be on each other side through thick and thin and learn to love each other. And now their little family has completed with a born of a beautiful princess, Oh Iseul. 

 

 

 

 

 

THE END 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

A/N: AHHHHH ITS FINALLY DONE! 

 

I would like to thanks everyone who have support this story, subscribe, comments and vote. Truthfully, I really love each of you. Thank you so much. 

 

I hope that you guys will keep support me in other works. I have another on-going Sehun x OC fanfic ( TOXIC ) which I can guaranteed better than this *wink* so feel free to check out! Other stories link on my foreword. 

 

I will mark complete for now, but I’m thinking to post few bonus chapters from time to time. 

 

Thank you again readers ❤️