BONUS: FINALE

EGOISM

100 upvote for this story, shall we? ;)

 

:

 

 

Life is good.

 

Rae In is in her 30s, living comfortably with her career, blessed with two beautiful daughters and a caring husband. If she was asked what motivated her so far— her family; she will not hesitate on this. If she was asked how is her life so far; with all smileys she will say, all is good, absolutely good.

 

Her path was never been easy. If she recalled back her teenage life— a rebellious girl that were shadowed by a life where she have to endured her abusing father, depression mother and the fact that she had to quit her business course in uni and start all over into a different major? It was tragic.

 

Miraculously, her life changed and she met her soulmate. Funny how they started, but what’s matter is they do destined together. Rae In is a normal girl and Oh Sehun was the popular guy. She always found that he was attractive— but he was Sehun we’re talking about, someone like him will never notice someone like her.

 

But of course, God has a better plan and cupid play its stupid game by setup them into a marriage, an arranged one. She remembered how she put extra care into her makeup and hair when her father told her that she will be meeting her future husband that day. Her father had informed before hand that Sehun was the candidate, but too bad, she only met with a furious Sehun during the families first meeting.

 

Oh Sehun— she had imagined that he is the cold boy like everyone in uni described. He even startled her a bit when they were announced to marry each other. She didn’t blamed her though, knowing that anyone will be pissed if they found out that they will force to marry someone like her. The useless one, as said by her father.

 

When she realised that she was in love with him? The time— Rae In can feels the butterflies over her stomach again when she was asked. Was it during they bumped into each other at uni? Or was it when he said he agreed to marry her? To be honest, it was during her mother funeral. All he did was hug him and promise her that he will stay.

 

He did, Sehun did stay with her.

 

It never easy for them. She have him as her husband, but it never easy for her. Days into months, months into years. It took years before she can feel that her love was reciprocated. Again, she will not blaming him. Having Sehun with her all the times was enough for Rae In.

 

Best husband ever— Rae In will give him the title, surely she is. It just feels so wonderful to have someone that not only love her as what she is, but also bring out the best of her all along throughout their marriage years. Her backbone, her supporter, her shoulder to crying, he is Oh Sehun, her soulmate.

 

So to wrapped up her speech at the Women Empowerment Appreciation Awards on that night, Professor Dr Rae In - the winner of The Most Influential Woman Awards, in her exclusive Vera Wang customised dress and her red Dior lipstick, mentioned that she would like to thanks again to her husband made her as an amazing woman she is.

 

“All of this for you, my love Oh Sehun”

 

With such a sincere and loving speech, Rae In bowing her head slightly to the audience. She smiles with a full of happiness and when she dropped her gaze to the VIP table where her husband seated at, she smiles again with so much affection.

 

If only Sehun wasn’t in a full protocol event where most of the audiences are consist of VIPs, ministers, a group of respected and successful woman, he would have stand and scream so that he can tell the world that the amazing woman up there is his wife.

 

“I love you” He muttered to her silently when she was looking at him straight. He then stopped when he noticed that Rae In tears threaten to fall. Sehun would not take any risk as the reason why her Channel mascara smudge later.

 

She looks so emotional when she walked back to his table and ready to jump into her embrace. The audiences goes woo for the romantic scene. All she need is nothing but to be in his arms, all wrapped and he sweet nothings but courageous words. You did well, he said. She smiles again, and not to forget to tell him, “Thank God I wear a waterproof mascara today!”

 

:

 

“Isuel, bring your sister here, let’s watch movies together” Rae In called them as she done with table setup.

 

“I smell my favourite cookies!” Isuel, the talkative one in the house.

 

“And I smell a smelly girl over here” And here comes the disturber.

 

The talkative one counter back with both of her hands on her hips. “Daddy! I took a bath before you! Look at me!” She pouted.

“Mommy help me and Hanbyul to wear a matching Disney princess dress today!”

 

Luckily, Hanbyul only started to learn some words, or else Sehun will so done to have a verbal fight with the girls team. “Okay Miss, you win” He said while kissing her crown. Not to forget, to the little one. “And you too, the silencer”

 

For the 100th times, today, the family will be watching the Frozen II again on a calming Sunday evening.

 

“Mummy I want to have a blondes hair colour like Elsa!” And for the same reason, the eldest will pleads her mother again.

 

“Iseul darling,” This is one of Sehun favourite about Rae In. No matter how much she mad, or stress (from answering the same question all over again), she will remains calmed. “You’re only 8 years old, and you cannot dyed your hair colour. Remember mummy said that you will go bald if you keep dyed your hair”

 

Iseul decided use the next card by looking at her father before pouted. “But mummy,” She pouted again. “Daddy said that it would be cool if we dyed our hair”

 

“Babe—“ Rae In glares at her husband immediately.

 

“Wha— what—“ And the criminal try his best to run away from his crime.

 

“Don’t listen to your daddy, kid. He always wanted to be idol like NCT” Rae In patted Iseul hair and (secretly, pinching her husband behind her back).

 

“Oookay—“ Iseul defeated. She hold her sister small hand and assist her to sit on the couch with her parents as their movie has ended too.

 

“Iseul baby” Sehun took her and place her on his lap comfortably. “Who do you love most in the world?” Really, Sehun has to be the typical dad that asking the same question all over again.

 

Iseul cutely make a gesture as she was thinking and place her scrunched her eyebrows a bit, “Hmmm daddy and mummy!”

 

“What if you have to pick one? Is it daddy or mummy that you love most?” He asked again as he wasn’t satisfied with the answer.

 

“Okie” She said cutely and thinking again. “Number one is mummy and daddy! And number two is Hanbyul and number three is Baekbom oppa!”

 

“What?!” Sehun the angry bird strikes again (it was Iseul nickname for his daddy). “Why there is Baekbom name in the list?”

 

Rae In shake her head and laughing everytime Sehun got pissed off when it comes to her daughter and his ‘boyfriend’ business. She teased, as to team up with her daughter. “How is he, my son in law?”

 

“Still handsome, mommy” Isuel the playful one, no wonder she still top the list of favourite girl in EXO.

 

“Oh Rae In! Oh Iseul!” He called them furiously. “And you Oh Hanbyul! Stop eating the cookies!”

 

“Gotcha daddy!” Iseul playfully stuck her tongue out to his father. “I’m joking only daddy! Don’t worry, my only boyfriend is you!” She kissed his cheeks and ready to run as she said, “Uncle Baekhyun said he will treat me ice cream is i managed to prank you!”

 

“Yah— you little—“

 

:

 

He is in love.

 

Sehun can’t really recalled for how many months he denied his true feelings. Was it in his third month of being Rae In fiancé? Or was it during their six months of living together? But then, when he looked back, he noticed that it was during their first encounter at the uni.

 

The cool girl— he didn’t know her name yet at that time but only Baekhyun called her name during that scene, he finally catch up that his friends mentioned about her several times previously. He didn’t bothered who was the ice princess they talked about, but only to acknowledge it when he met her.

 

Really, his ego was challenged by a girl, the only girl that dared to fire him back. Sehun still remember, she wore her white old converse when she fiercely grab him by collar and told him to pickup again the messed that he did.

 

Jung Rae In. She never smiles at him and he lowkey hates it. He never encountered a girl that was not fascinated by his looks, and from being curious, he watch her everyday and from that, Sehun feels something that he haven’t felt after so long.

 

Maybe not into the level that he can described it as love, but he found her interesting from that day. If only Rae In know how glad he was when he saw his future wife during their first families meeting. But because of his anger of getting married to stranger, he didn’t act wisely at that time.

 

It was all secret that Sehun kept to himself.

 

He used to be a little to no words guy. He keep his problems to himself and he will be the silencer in his group. All this while he searched for the reasons for him to keep moving, some part of him feel empty. But then, his soulmate came in a perfect time to complete his life.

 

It would be cliche to call your partner as your soulmate, but Sehun believe she is the one. It is a simple analogy— he feels happy when she is happy, he feels the pain when she is hurt. His life is like a missing puzzle without Rae In and he swear, there will be no other one than her.

 

All this while, he never felt scared of losing someone. His ego always above him. But when it comes to his wife, he suddenly can feel the pain. The pain where you love that person so much that it hurt yourself when you are losing them. He lost her once; it was the worst time and Sehun pray so that he will not go through that again.

 

Only on her second pregnancy that Sehun wrote back the letter she gave him when she carried Iseul with her.

 

Dear my wife,

 

The most emotional, swollen, tired, and super excited 8 months pregnant lady. I want remind you that you are still beautiful, you always do. I really hope that our second princess will not giving us surprise like her sister did. I will not taking a risk being panic inside fried chicken restaurant again.

 

This letter may not represent my whole feelings but just you know, you are already the whole world for me. I wrote it as a reply to your previous letter (I would like to suggest if we can write email instead but let’s talk about that later).

 

Here is the list so crown you as the best mother and wife award. I’m a successful testimony, trust me. You are just a lovely, beautiful person, successful woman I ever see. If Iseul can add, she definitely would say ‘yes daddy, you are absolutely correct’.

 

Parenting is hard— but is it amazing that we endured it well now? Look at Iseul, she’s pretty, smart and caring just like you. I can’t wait to raise another one in our family. It will be the same pain in labour room and I pray that I won’t be a cry baby like I did previously, but I will be there for you, my love.

 

I love you more Rae In and always do.

 

 

Love,

Yours truly, Oh Sehun.

 

 

“Sehun?” Rae In called again as she noticed that her husband had been lost in his thoughts. Concerned she then ask, “Are you okay, now?”

 

He didn’t say much but to close the distance between them. “I’m sorry for ignoring you earlier, love”

 

“It’s okay, we all have a bad day at work. I understand” It could be that they have been together more than 10 years, but there is no need for them to argue on a small thing. For Rae In, she knew that at the end of it, communication is a key. That is why she leave him to cool down first before approaching him again.

 

“It was a stress day at office and I ignore you so that I won’t let my angers out to you and kids” He sighs, his hand keep rubbing her back as to comfort.

 

“You want to talk about it?” She asked. Sehun broke the hug and look straight into her eyes. He just so lucky to have a wife like her.

 

He shakes his head slightly and took her hand into his. “It’s okay. You are here, nothing matters anymore”

 

“Rae In” He called again. “I’m so lucky, you know?”

 

“Why?” She asked curiously.

 

“I feel so lucky to have a wonderful wife—  woman that made my life complete, a woman that makes my day by the time I wake up til I get home from work. I love you so much, Rae In”

 

“I love you too babe” She kissed him.

 

“But that’s is too cheesy and heck, we have been together for so long. Now tell me, you need my permission to go anywhere?”

 

He grins. “The boys actually plan a fishing camping this weekend, so—“ He said nervously and stole a kiss to calm her down. “Can I join them?”

 

“I knew it you sly fox!” She pinched him and Sehun start to running.

 

“Remember I love you forever, grumpy mummy!”

 



 

The End.