BONUS: MISUNDERSTANDING

EGOISM

As early in the morning Rae In already make herself busy in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for her little family. Even though Sehun has make sure he provide enough helpers in their bungalow, she always goes with the option to cook on her own, knowing that her husband would prefer her foods over anyone else. 

 

It’s Thursday morning and since her husband have to go early this morning due to important board meeting in the office, she decided to pull out a simple dishes for him to start his day. Avocado spreads sandwiches with nutella, which always be Sehun favorite. 

 

“Honey, did you see my Gucci maroon tie?” Sehun voice echoed in the living hall. 

 

Rae In shake her head in disbelief. She didn’t get it why he have to make a fuss over a little thing only in the morning. “It should be on the usual shelf babe. It always there. You just need to find it”

 

“Can you help me over here?” He shouted again, looking for his wife attention. 

 

“I’m quite busy at this moment Sehun. Can you just wear another tie?” She said while feeding her little daughter with the sandwich she made. 

 

Call it normal in marriage but who in the world can spend as much time with someone as a married couple does with each other and not get annoyed? Day in and day out, year after year, they are stuck together by each other side. It is impossible to escape from that.

 

“Goodmorning my little princess” Sehun come to the kitchen right after that. “Good morning to you too, love” While giving his wife and daughter kisses. 

 

“Did you find it?” She eagerly asked. 

 

He just chuckles when he respond, “Yes! It overlapped with the blue tie, so I was barely notice it even it just there” 

 

One might say that she was being petty to make a big fuss over this thing. Sometimes it just getting on her nerves when her husband did something that really irritating. Maybe she had a really difficult day at work yesterday or is suffering from a headache and the last thing she wants to hear when she walks through the kitchen is he complaining about a simple thing like this.

 

Rae In rolled her eyes with a ‘I told you’ look on her face. This is not the first time and she swear that her husband could be just very annoying sometimes. She pull her daughter from the seat and hold her in her arm. “Ah! I almost forgot. Please remember to bring Isuel for her next group play gathering next Saturday”

 

“I can’t” He said in a serious tone. 

 

“Excuse me, Sehun?” Rae In eyes almost pop up due to the unpredictable answer. Especially when he added, “I have product launch event host by my business partner” 

 

“But I told you that you have to bring Isuel for the play date group two weeks ago!” She pause in her words, calling her helper to bring their little princess to her room. In any ways, she always keep to beliefs that the parents shouldn’t argue in front of their kids. Even though their daughter only three years old and barely understand anything, she have to make it habit from earlier. 

 

“And why I didn’t know anything about your event? Since when you started to go to any event without me as your plus one?” 

 

He know exactly that feeling when he can sense a fight coming on with his partner. Sehun get all that knot in his stomach, his blood starts to boil and his mind races thinking the worst possibilities. And it getting worse when she started to say, “Are you keeping anything from me?”

 

It’s not easy to keep calm and not to let his ego to overtake him. Especially when he knew that he have to defend himself. “What are you talking about? And how about you? Why you are not the one who will bring our daughter on that day?” 

 

“I have a surgery on that day, Sehun” She said matter of fact. 

 

“So is that means that you can get busy with your stuff but I’m not allowed to?” He smirk. 

 

“I told you many times to just quit Rae In. Make some times for our family. You are even the Vice President! Why on earth you have to be all eager and work like the normal doctor. I have everything, more than enough to support all of us. Why bother to work when you already have a rich husband”

 

She was mad when he said that. Immediately ready for the counter attack. “Now you are putting all the blames on me?! What happened to the ‘I will support whatever you do in your life’ that ‘I will be the pillar of your strength’ and all that?!”

 

“—And you are not even answering my question at the first place! Are you keeping a secret on your own wife now?!” Her voice was slightly raised at the moment. 

 

“Because I know that this will be the damn answer from you! That you will prefer to spend your ing time in that hospital!”

 

“Then you dare to accuse me like that?! You should trust your own husband Oh Rae In! Don’t call yourself a good wife and mother if you still with this kind of attitude!”  

 

Rae In flinched when he yelled at her. Speechless, she back a few step away from him. There is a long silent between them before she heard that sound of the main door being slammed. With her head falls lower, she whispered, “......I know I am not a good wife and mother”

 

They said that it was all about the communication between partner. They could be together for 1 year, 5 years or even a decade, but if they failed to create a good communication between them, it will never works. For Sehun and Rae In, this is not the first time that they have a big argument, somehow at the end they will find a way to solve their issue. 

 

But to have her husband saying that words right in front of her face, it makes her wonder. If he was saying truth— because human will definitely being honest when they mad or drunk. That would means that Sehun thought that she wasn’t good enough. For him and for their daughter, Oh Isuel. 

 

“Dr Rae In?” She was startled when her staff nurse greet her. Her body are in the emergency room however her mind was nowhere to be find. She seems so lost for the whole day.

 

“You have visitor waiting in your room” he told her. Now giving her full attention her co-worker. She asked curiously, “I have a guest? Who will that be?” 

 

She was welcome by a big bouquet of roses when she entered her office room. With a small card on it, she quickly read the small notes. 

 

I’m sorry, my love. 

-OSH

 

Never expect that her husband will apologize to her right after 5 hours after their argument, she was more surprised when the door opened welcoming the newcomer. 

 

“Baby....” His voice softly echoed in the room. She turns her back from his and stand by the windows, long sigh escaped. 

 

He come closer before pulling her shoulder to face him. His hand on her chin forcing her to lift up her face, slowly. “My love please look at me” 

 

“I’m so sorry” Sehun didn’t mind if he have to repeat it for thousands times. As long as she forgive him. Five hours is a torture enough for him. 

 

She just sigh. “You were right. I’m not a good wife and mother, Sehun”

 

“No— no baby” He quickly reassured her. “You are perfect. For me, for Isuel, for our little family. You are the best and I will never trade anything for you. I was so dumb when I said that. I’m sorry baby. I love you so much”

 

“I love you too” She managed to replied that to him. “That is also the reason why I decided.....to quit my job. Maybe I will just be the typical arrogant Vice President that will monitor everything from home” Sehun chuckles when his wife managed to put some jokes. 

 

“Hey— listen here my love. This is your dream. To be a doctor, to serve for those who needed. You wanted to help others and I will not stop you in midway” He pull her into a comfort hug. “Remember when you said that you want to be a cool mother for Isuel? I believe that she will be proud to know that her mummy is a very good doctor. Just like how I’m proud with you” 

 

She know she have to say this,  “Thank you for coming. Thank you for not giving up on us. I’m glad that you are here to talk about issue. We really need to talk to solve it together”

 

“Because there will be no reason for me to live without you, Rae In. I love you so much” 

 

“I love you more Sehun” She tighten her hold on his neck. “But wait...Is that means that you will let me to keep being a doctor in future? and that you will take our daughter to her play date gathering next week?” 

 

“Of course my love” He pecks her on the lips. “Anything for you and my little princess. Anything for our little family” 

 

Because Sehun will just do anything for the love of his life. 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: This one is ughh i hate that i have no brilliant ideas anymore. Heyy I would love if you guys can drop suggestion for the theme for the next bonus chapter! Please comment below thank youuuuuu)