Hide and seek

Wanna bet?

[Sookyung's POV]

During the following breaks we were supposed to ask some people whether they had seen some girl near the lockers area the day Soohyun had got his letter. We didn't find out anything useful, such a pity, I was also curious a bit. Now to the reason I chose to go with AJ...

 

“Yah!” I shouted at him as we were passing the school corridor.

 

“Why do you keep shouting at me?” he asked, obviously irritated.

 

“I need to talk to you,” I answered, also irritated.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Just follow me.”

 

Since it was a bit inconvenient to talk in the middle of the school corridor where people were passing by, we went outside to sit on benches on the school yard.

 

“So wh-”

 

“I'm warning you, stop bothering Yujin,” I told him firmly. “She's maybe to naïve and shy to notice it, but you can't fool me. Don't you think I didn't notice how you're trying to hit on her. Stop playing with her.”

 

He stared at me bewildered. Then his expression changed from surprised to angry.

 

“You think you can tell me what to do? It's not your business!”

 

“She's one of my two best friends, so it is my business! She can't defend herself, so I will do it for her. Stop bothering her and taking advantage of her by copying all of her homework and stuff like that, or-”

 

“Or what?” he smirked at me. I can't believe this!

 

“Or... or you'll... bear dire consequences!”

 

“Have you found anything out?” we were interrupted by Eli and Kevin who approached us with gloomy expressions. Luckily they didn't hear anything, at least I believe so.

 

“Uh, nothing,” I answered.

 

“We either,” Kevin said.

 

[Inyoung's POV]

After school ended, we had one more gathering on the rooftop. Fortunately no one found anything out, so I probably hadn't been noticed. This made me gain confidence a bit. The anxiety was gone by now and I was curious... what will happen now?

 

“Anyway, thanks once aga-”

 

“Hello? Hello?” Soohyun was interrupted by Eli answering his phone. “Do you know me? … Mordney present? ... No, thank you, I don't want any present!”

 

“Shut up, Eli,” Kiseop silenced him.

 

“Sorry, it was spam,” Eli grinned. “Spam is really pissing me off.”1)

 

“ONCE again, thank you for your help, you all are real friends,” Soohyun said gloomily. I felt a bit sad for him and also a bit guilty.

 

[Yujin's POV]

A few days passed. Me, Sookyung and Inyoung hung out at Sookyung's house. It was a long time since the three of us had last met to talk about girly stuff so on.

 

“We haven't really been able to talk to you properly lately, since you became friends with certain someone,” Inyoung said referring to Hoon.

 

“Haha, sorry girls, but I haven't been neglecting you that much!” Sookyung defended herself.

 

“You have!” Inyoung pouted. “And what is your relationship anyway? Something you're not telling us?” she smiled slyly.

 

“No, it's not!” Sookyung slightly pushed Inyoung's forehead. “We're just friends, don't you believe me?” she looked at me and I reassured her by simply smiling.

 

“Right, Yujin.” She addressed me and I looked up. “Do you... want to meet my distant cousin? I mean... as a.. blind date?”

 

“B-blind date?” my eyes widened.

 

“Yeah, I know you are not really keen on these kind of events, but don't you wanna try? He's a really nice guy...”

 

“Why not Inyoung?”

 

“She would beat me up,” she glanced at Inyoung, who playfully raised her hand. “Besides, I think you two really match. Do you plan being alone for your whole life just because you're shy?”

 

“I don't know...” I uttered. I was afraid of meeting new people just like that, besides I was perfectly fine with no boyfriend, so there was practically no need for me to search for one.

 

“You should try it, it's a chance to get out of your shell a bit,” Inyoung presented her opinion. “It's not like you have to date him, you'll just meet each other and decide whether you wanna date, be friends or never meet again.” This was true, but I was still hesitating.

 

“Umm... But you know I'm not comfortable with meeting new people and all...”

 

“That's also a reason! This will only get better if you keep meeting new people. Of course I don't wanna force you... will you at least consider it?” Sookyung gave me puppy eyes. Aish, I think she was right.

 

“Fine, I'll think about it,” I gave in.

 

“You'll see, it'll be OK.”

 

[Inyoung's POV]

Yujin and a blind date? It'll be interesting... But I really hope it will turn out well, although that would mean she would spend less time with us! But for her sake, I hope she'll soon get a boyfriend who'll be nice to her.

 

Moving on to my own troubles. I don't know how, but my mindset completely changed. Seeing as Soohyun failed to find any track of me, I wasn't afraid anymore that he would find out it had been me. Secondly, his disappointed expression remained in my mind and made me feel guilty. And lastly, with my regained confidence I felt a bit of excitement and playfulness... and suddenly wasn't sure if I wanted this to end just like that... this was a way for me to talk to him openly, besides... it might, no, could be fun, after all.

 

That's why I sat behind my desk, took a piece of paper and wrote:

 

I heard you were trying to find me... What to do? I don't want you to find me... I'm sorry, no hint for you... just yet.

 

*evil laugh* Challenge accepted. If he wants to play hide and seek, then we'll play hide and seek...


1) I hope everyone got the joke :D If not, you probably haven't seen U-KISS' Shut Up MV... shame on you! :D