The Very Busy Lunch Break - Part Two

Wanna bet?

[Sookyung's POV]

I rushed to Hoon's house as fast as I could. He was already waiting for me with a huge grin on his face. Great, he's gonna make fun of me for losing the bet.

 

„Don't say a word!“ I warned him.

 

„I'm not saying anything,“ he said with an innocent expression.

 

„Good,“ I said firmly as I entered his room. I sighed and started cleaning.

 

„Are you gonna stand there and watch me?“ I asked seeing he was staring at me.

 

„I have to supervise you so that you will do it properly,“ he said playfuly. I gave him a 'whatever' look and continued to clean. There was a lot of clothes and papers scattered on the floor. I also found some empty boxes and packings.

 

„Huh! That's my favourite brand of chocolate!“ I exclaimed in surprise. „Uh, wait, how long has this been here?“

 

„Ah, is it? Well... I'm not really sure.“

 

„Unbelievable.“

 

I picked up a couple of books and stood up.

 

„Where should I put this?“

 

„The shelf up there,“ he poited to a shelf, that was hung really high. I got a chair and got on it, trying to put the books on the shelf. I succeeded, but lost balance immediately and fell backwards. I expected falling down, but suddenly I felt a strong pair of hands on my waist. I was lift in the air and put down on my own legs.

 

„Ugh, thanks...“ I whispered.

 

„No pro-“

 

„Hoonmin-ah, can I borrow- ah, I hope I'm not interrupting somthing,“ I heard an unfamiliar voice say from the doorway. The pair of hands quickly disappeared from my waist.

 

„N-no, hyung... Sookyung, that's my older brother, and this is Sookyung,“ Hoon managed to stutter out.

 

„Nice to meet you,“ I said politely.

 

„Nice to meet you too. Well, Hoonmin, I just wanted to borrow something, but I'll come later, OK?“ he smiled and left, leaving us speechless.

 

„Make sure you explain it to him later,“ I said to Hoon to ease the awkwardness. He just nodded. I just quickly finished cleaning and rushed home.

 

[Yujin's POV]

Me and the boys just talked about common stuff and ate our lunch. We all seemed to get a bit less awkward. The three of them left first and after a while I also got up to leave, but I noticed something on the seat in front of me. It was a keychain, one of them probably forgot it here. I picked it up and left the canteen. Where should I find them? The owner of this keychain will probably need it soon. But how will I even find out which one of the three it is? I don't have their phone numbers either. They would probably return here after finding out they are missing it... with that on mind I decided to wait at the entrance of the school.

 

After a while, I saw a figure coming in the direction of the school. He came closer and I recognised AJ. So it was his keychain after all.

 

„What are you doing here?“

 

„I... you left your keychain at the school canteen and I don't have your phone number and I didn't even know whose keychain it was and I th-“

 

„So you stayed here for... almost three hours?“

 

„Well, I didn't have any way to contact you, so-“

 

„I didn't know you were here.“

 

We stayed quiet. I was just looking on the ground.

 

„Well, since you are here, come with me, I'll treat you to dubokki,“ he broke the silence.

 

„There's no need, just take your keychain and I'll go home...“

 

„Aish, come on,“ he said, grabbed my hand and started dragging me away. He really was strong, I had no chance but to stop trying to get away and let him drag me. We came across a little dubokki stand, so we sat down, bought dubokki and started eating it.

 

„This is the second time I'm eating with you today,“ AJ smiled.

 

„Umm...“

 

„Do you like dubokki?“

 

„Umm...“

 

„...OK, I figured out you wouldn't talk much, but how about saying something more than 'umm'?“

 

„What do you want me to say?“

 

„Whatever,“ he grinned. „What do you like doing?“

 

„Umm... I don't know... just ordinary stuff I guess...“

 

„So what do you do when you get home from school? Study all the day?“

 

„I don't actually study much. I just... stay in my room and do... whatever. Like reading, listening to music and so on.“

 

„You stay home all the day?“

 

„Why are you so surprised?“

 

„Well, I usually go on parties, meet up with people and fool around... and cause troubles,“ he grinned on the last part. „Life is to be lived, you should enjoy it while you can.“

 

„Our worlds are really different...“ I said. I just realised that not only the way we spend our free time, but everything around us and our approach to life and a lot of things is so different.

 

„Yeah...“ he said and stayed quiet for a while. „It's getting late, I'll walk you home.“

 

„I can go by myself, thank you.“

 

„Come on, where do you live?“ he said and grabbed my hand again. I smiled a little to myself as I was being dragged at the direction of my house.