Concern or courtesy?

Wanna bet?

 

[Yujin's POV]

Me and Kibum have met a few more times and if not anything else, we certainly became friends. I didn't want to even think about something as confusing as bringing the relationship to a new level, but we both seemed comfortable with the way it was, so I thought Sookyung's initial purpose had already been forgotten.

 

“Yujin,” I was brought back to reality by his voice. I looked up and met his eyes staring at me with a warm expression.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You know... it's been a few weeks since we've known each other. And I've been wondering... if you would consider getting together with me?” I almost dropped the spoon I was stirring my tea with. I guess I'd been wrong after all.

 

“You seem shocked... you... don't have to reply right away. But I really like you and would love to be with you. I understand if you need some time though,” he added. I didn't know what to say or do, so I just sat, not moving or saying anything. I started feeling really uneasy and I panicked, taking my purse and muttering simple “I gotta go, see you later” before running off without even looking at him.

 

I sat at a bench in the park and got plunged into my thoughts. I was confused. I liked Kibum. But I wasn't sure whether I could like him more then as a friend. I really didn't know. I just... didn't expect this. Not now. Maybe later. Probably. It really caught me out of guard. What will I tell him? What should my decision be?

 

[Inyoung's POV]

It was the evening and I was on my way home after having met with my friends. It was getting dark and cold. I wanted to go home fast, but I had to reach the bus stop, wait for the bus and then ride it. I picked up my pace and and put my hands in my pockets to keep them warm. Suddenly I felt a strong pair of hands grip my shoulders. I screamed and turned around to see a familiar face.

 

“Yah! You scared me to death!”

 

“Sorry, but you should have seen your expression,” Soohyun laughed at me. What is he doing here anyway?

 

“Aaah, it's not funny at all!” I pouted.

 

“Okay, I'm sorry. What are you doing here in the evening anyway? You don't even live near.”

 

“I met my friends, now I'm heading to the bus stop.”

 

“Let me walk you there.” I hesitated. I felt a tiny little bit more awkward around him since the letter I got from him. Even if he didn't know it was me. I haven't written him since then, I kept hesitating whether to do it or not and always ended up procrastinating and telling myself I'll decide later.

 

“I-it's okay, you don't have to...”

 

“I insist. As a right gentleman, I shouldn't let a lady walk all alone when it's so dark outside.” So he just wants to walk me to the bus stop because he feels he should do it since he's a gentleman. I was a bit disappointed. But on the other hand, that's one of the reasons I liked him. He was so polite and nice. Well, what could I do? At least I can spend some time with him.

 

“...fine.”

 

We were walking in silence for a while when he broke it, probably just to say something.

 

“So how's your life going lately?”

 

“I'm doing fine... nothing interesting.” That would probably be considered a lie, unless sending someone anonymous letters and then meeting him and behaving like nothing was up was pretty normal and not interesting at all. “How about you?”

 

“I'm doing fine too. Except-” He stopped himself from saying the rest.

 

“Except..?” He looked at me and hesitated.

 

“Nothing,” he said in a reassuring tone and looked up, facing the dark cloudy sky.  If only he knew, I thought to myself. What would it be like?      I heard a whirring noise, but didn't really pay attention to it as I was still observing the wind messing his hair and thinking along, not noticing he averted his gaze away from the sky above us and was now looking somewhere behind me. “Watch out,” I heard, saw him swiftly moving to my other side and felt myself being gently pushed further away from the road. The car I'd heard passed by us and caused the water from a puddle on the road splash right at us, leaving the lower part of Soohyun's trousers wet up to his knees.

 

“Oh! Wow, you saved me from getting all wet... thanks.”

 

“Uh... of course I should do that! Were you splashed too?” he said and looked at my legs to check whether they were dry or not. 'Of course I should do that', that means he's only being polite again, right? I was confused for a moment because it seemed as if his expression was full of... concern? Care? No, Inyoung, don't let this fool you. He would do that for anyone.

 

“I'm okay! But look at yourself! It looks kind of funny,” I started laughing.

 

“It's funny?” he grinned. “If you like it so much, I apologize for ruining your chance to look funny, shall I correct it?” he added while heading to the puddle, preparing to stomp in it.

 

“I'm sorry, I won't laugh anymore!” I receded from the puddle.

 

“Hey! Don't run away from your !” he laughed and caught up with me, almost making my breath stop (and definitely making me blush) as I realized I'd just joked around with him and he'd ran after me. I shall control myself and not fangirl.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

I was hanging out with Hoon in his house, more precisely room. I looked around and remembered how I had to clean it. And then I found the long lost chocolate and told him it was my favorite. Which was probably how he got the idea of the last bet. I smiled at these memories, feeling the happiness of this very moment. We heard a knock on the door. Hoon told the person to enter and the door opened to reveal his brother.

 

“Hoonmin-ah, dad wants to talk to you,” he said.

 

“Okay, I'll be right there,” Hoon answered.

 

“Ah, your girlfriend is here,” his brother said when he saw me, waved at me and disappeared.

 

“You actually still haven't explained it to him?” I raised an eyebrow at Hoon.

 

“What? There's no need anymore, it's the truth now,” he said innocently.

 

“Oh. That's right. But you still could've done it while it was not the truth!”

 

“I need to talk to dad, I'll be right back,” he ignored me and left. Huh. I'm not letting him off that easy. At the very moment I heard my phone ring.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi. Guess who!” I heard a distinctive voice and immediately knew it was Kibum.

 

“Who else would say stuff like 'guess who' on the phone other than you, Kim Kibum?”

 

“You're no fun.”

 

“I've known you for a long time,” I stuck out my tongue on him in my mind. Such a pity he didn't see it. “So what's up?”

 

“I asked Yujin out.”

 

“What?! Really? What-what did she say?”

 

“She didn't really say anything. Well, I'm not afraid that she will say no. I mean it's possible, but I would come to terms with it somehow. I just don't want to become awkward with her. And I'm afraid that would be the case now. You understand her more then anyone. How do I avoid that?” At this moment Hoon came back to the room. He understood I was talking on phone so he patiently kept silent.

 

“Ah, as expected from her. She's just too shy. I think you should give her some time and wait. Don't put too much pressure on her. Also, she will probably avoid you in the time being, so don't contact her before she does, she would be too embarrassed.”

 

“I see. What you're saying does make sense. Thank you, Sookyung-ah.”

 

“No problem. I hope it works out. Take care.”

 

“Bye.”

 

“Who was that?” Hoon asked out of curiosity.

 

“My distant cousin, Kibum. The one I set Yujin up with. Looks like he finally asked her out.”

 

“Ah, I see. So you think they will actually get together?”

 

“Well, I'm not sure. But who knows? They would be sweet together.”

 


Don't worry, AJ finally striking back in (hopefully) the next chapter! I'd originally thought it would be in this chapter, but Inyoung/Soohyun's part turned out unexpectedly long and so was Sookyung's POV. Anyway, I'm sooo looking forward to writing that part :D

 

And OMG, I finally managed to add the chapter. AFF kept lagging the whole weekend.