The mission is..?

Wanna bet?

[Inyoung's POV]

Hoon and Sookyung became good friends and lately they have been hanging around a lot. At first, me and Yujin were a bit jealous, but we are not anymore because Sookyoung reassured us that we are her best friends in the whole world. Besides, Hoon also sometimes joined all of us talking, so we regarded him as a friend as well.

 

It was lunch break and me, Inyoung, Yujin and Hoon were seated at one table. We were talking about school and random stuff as always.

 

“By the way... but it's a secret, you mustn't tell anyone!” Hoon started and we all nodded simultaneously.

 

“It seems that Soohyun has a secret admirer...” he said and I could feel my heart pick up the pace of its beats. Don't tell me he made fun of me (although he doesn't know it's me) in front of the whole U-KISS? I listened attentively to what Hoon had to say.

 

“He got an anonymous letter a few days ago. Well, the interesting part is, it got his interest and he's trying to find out who the girl is. I don't know what the girl wrote, but it must have been really sincere and special because he seems a bit obsessed with this 'mission' of finding out her identity. He told – well, ordered – the whole U-KISS to help him. And he also told me to ask you to help him too. You are girls, so you could be helpful.”

 

Eeeh? I. Am. Dead. He's organizing a 'hunt' on me? That's not what I wanted at all! He must not find out my identity! Now thinking about it, I don't even know what exactly I wanted. I'm sure I didn't expect him accepting me or something like that, that's why it was an anonymous letter. I guess I did it more for myself, to sort out my feelings. What am I going to do now? If he finds out I won't be able to face him again. But wait. Does that mean he liked my letter? *spazzing*

 

“So what do you think about it?”

 

“It sounds like fun... like in the adventurous movies,” Sookyung said. Nooo, Sookyung, we can have fun another way...

 

“I guess...” Yujin started her sentence. Please, Yujin, disagree with it. “... as friends we should help you.” NOOO!

 

“Inyoung?”

 

“I... guess it could be fun...” I had no choice but to accept.

 

“Great! When there's some task for you, I'll let you guys know,” Hoon said contently.

 

[Yujin's POV]

After the school had ended, I was on my way to the library and completely lost in my thoughts as always. On the road there was a man who I didn't pay attention to at first, but then he approached me.

 

“Miss, do you have some money? I'm begging you, just a little is enough,” he said. I looked into his eyes and they looked really dull and were a bit red. I felt pity for him and also didn't want to refuse to help him, so I hesitantly grabbed my wallet and took out some amount of money from it.

 

“Miss, would you have more, please?” he said and I found this a bit strange and maybe rude, but I took out a few more coins anyway.

 

“Is this enough?” I asked him.

 

“Would you have just a bit more?” he said and I noticed he had approached me a bit. Okay, I was starting to feel a bit uneasy, but what could I do?

 

“Aren't you a bit rude? You should be thankful she's willing to give you anything at all,” an owner of a confident angry voice approached to us.

 

“You don't deserve anything,” he said and I found myself being pulled away. I looked up to see AJ. His expression was fierce and a bit angry.

 

“W-what... b-but-”

 

“You really should stop obeying anyone's commands. He was obviously trying to get as much money from you as he could. If I didn't stop you, you would give him your whole wallet.”

 

“But he looked really desperate-”

 

“I'll bet he was going to buy alcohol or cigarettes with your money. He should be thankful you were even willing to give him some money and not be asking for more. Besides, you were scared, admit it.”

 

“Fine, you're right. You saved me. Thank you,” I admitted my defeat.

 

“No problem,” he grinned.

 

“Umm...”

 

“What?”

 

“Could you release me? I can walk by myself, you know.”

 

“Ugh, uh, sure, umm, I'm sorry...” he stuttered, stopped and immediately let go of my wrist.

 

“Where are you heading to anyway? This is not the way to your house,” he asked curiously.

 

“Wow, you only walked me home once and you remember the way? Well, I'm going to the library,” I replied.

 

“Let me walk you there.”

 

“...okay.”