Do our circles have a common point?

Wanna bet?

Just a short chapter, but I felt that if I continued with a totally different scene in this chapter, it would kind of ruin the mood.


[Yujin's POV]

Today I arranged a meeting with Kibum. It's been days since he asked me out and I chickened out at that time and have been avoiding him since then. It was time I gave him my answer. I was pretty nervous. But there was no way I could avoid making a decision forever.

 

I left my house and made my way to the café where we were supposed to meet. I had plenty of time, but I'd left early in order to make it in time. I didn't want to be late. I was looking down at the pavement while I was walking and didn't notice a car stopping next to me until I heard the sound of a car horn.

 

Why are you walking so fast? Looking forward to seeing me?” Kibum smiled at me from the car.

 

No, I just... You came to pick me up again?”

 

Of course,” his face showed a warm smile. “Get in,” he said as he got out to open the car door for me. I slowly got in and fastened my seatbelt as I waited for him to get back on his seat.

 

Ready?” he said and I nodded. I was looking out of the window at the passing trees and houses and we didn't say a word for the whole time. The time was passing slowly. After a while, we arrived at the café and ordered.

 

You wanted to talk to me... because of what I asked you last time, right?” he said before I'd had a chance to tell anything.

 

Umm, actually, yes,” I admitted nervously. I sighed, there was no way out of this now. “You know, I... I'm sorry, but... I'd like to stay just friends...” I said, reducing the volume of my voice until I almost whispered the last part. My eyes stayed glued to the table as I didn't dare to look at him.

 

Oh. That's-that's okay. I understand,” he seemed a bit disappointed, but tried to keep his cool. “Hey. Don't feel bad about it. Look at me,” he nudged me as he didn't want me to feel down because of it. I brought myself to look at him. “It's really okay. How could I force you to anything?” He started to joke around to break the awkwardness and change the subject. It did help, but I still had a feeling he was not so okay about it on the inside as he was on the outside.

 

[Inyoung's POV]

The classes ended and the stairs were really crowded as everyone wanted to get home as soon as possible. Who would want to stay at school longer than necessary? We were walking a bit slower, though, because we didn't want to join the crowd and enjoy people stomping on our feet, pushing us and so on. U-KISS were walking in front of us. I was looking forward to getting home and relaxing. I had a new favorite drama and couldn't wait to see what would happen. But I also have to study history, there will be a test, I pondered. I suddenly realized I left my history notebook in my locker. A bit loud “Oh!” escaped my mouth as I turned around to go back for it. However I immediately turned back when I heard a thump and Soohyun's hiss of pain. He probably tripped and fell down, causing some papers in his open bag, which he'd previously had over his shoulder, spill on the stairs.

 

Are you okay?“ I asked him concernedly, immediately rushing by his side.

 

I'm fine,“ he looked at me and gave me an reassuring smile.

 

What were you watching? Not even looking where you're stepping at,“ Eli held out his hand to help him stand up. I started picking up all the papers on the stairs. I froze a bit when I found out they were my letters. He carries them around? He probably saw me and quickly started picking it up, off my sight.

 

I'll do it...” he said. “T-thank you.”

 

Oh, okay,” I uttered, taken aback, and returned back at my original position.

 

I left my notebook in my locker, go ahead,” I told Sookyung and Yujin and went up the stairs.

 

[Yujin's POV]

Inyoung went to fetch her forgotten notebook, so we just went ahead first, we would have to split a few blocks from school anyway. Everyone went out of the building and split in the directions of their respective homes. Now I was walking alone. I suddenly heard footsteps behind me and then someone passed by me quickly, grabbing my wrist on the way and pulling me behind them. I had a feeling of déjà vu and was not surprised at all that the said person turned out to be AJ.

 

What is it now?”

 

I wanna talk to you,” he simply said. I didn't even try to figure out why he hadn't said it nicely and had to drag me. Well, he always did it. And I don't know why, but I didn't seem to really mind it. So I just let myself be brought to a park, where there was practically no one at the moment, wondering what he wanted to talk about.

 

He stopped, looked around, then faced me and slowly let go of my wrist. I looked at him questioningly, waiting patiently for him to speak. He took a deep breath and spoke up.

 

You know... the boy who asked you out... have you decided yet?” I was a bit surprised that it was again about this.

 

But why-”

 

I love you.” I was shocked. I looked into his eyes and saw sincerity in his intense gaze. I felt my cheeks heat up. “I love you, so don't be with him.” I didn't know what to do and started to slightly back away from him in shock. He quickly grabbed my wrist again. “Don't deny our r2π,1) he said pleadingly. If I'd been confused before this, then it was nothing compared to now. It even made me forget the shock I'd felt up till now.

 

Huh?”

 

Our r2π... our circle... the place we got for the two of us in this huge world...” Umm... I kind of understood what he was trying to say... but I thought he didn't like maths... “Is it cheesy? I thought you would like it since you-”

 

But we don't have any.”

 

What do you mean?”

 

Your circle and my circle have no common point,” I exclaimed, letting my overflowing emotions control my actions. His face fell, I felt the grip on my wrist loosen and I took the chance to run away.

 

Yujin-ah!” I heard behind my back, but I didn't pay attention to it and just wanted to get away.

 

I got home and enclosed myself in my room. I felt stinging in my nose and I knew it meant I was about to cry. I didn't even know exactly why, didn't know exactly what had just happened, I just was confused so much. I hadn't expected this. AJ loved me, and suddenly many situations that had happened made more sense to me. I'd never thought about how I felt towards him. I think I did have feelings for him, at least a tiny little bit, that was something I couldn't deny. But I'd panicked. I was suddenly forced to face a situation I hadn't previewed, one that I wasn't familiar with, and I had no clue what to do. I now regretted telling him the stuff I'd told him. Partly because I must have hurt him, partly because maybe I didn't really mean it, but I wasn't sure about that. I shouldn't have been so harsh. But at that moment, I'd suddenly felt how different we were. Our worlds really were different. Could it ever work? I didn't realize that me thinking like that meant he was already someone special to me. Right now, I didn't even know what outcome I exactly wanted. I just knew this wasn't really it. I sobbed quietly, feeling confused, guilty, lonely.


1) Oh yes. I couldn't resist... sorry if I somehow made you laugh during a serious moment, but maybe I didn't? Anyway, this is seriously my favourite rap line EVER. I like maths and I am also the kind of person who goes around saying random facts or formulas or physical laws when they find it fits the situation. I guess I'm a bit 4D, haha. And I like the 'clever jokes' and stuff that completely fits and makes sense when said even if it's not used in the situation it was supposed to (I'm probably not making sense right now... nevermind). Besides, it's fun. Put simply, I freaking love the line :D

 

What can I say more? Just that the function of my love for U-KISS is divergent and its limit in its ideal point approaches infinity.

 

 

 

And while I'm at sharing videos, if you haven't watched this, you're missing out a lot. The video that practically made me like U-KISS ^_^ Kevin and AJ are so friendly there! For those who don't know, Simon and Martina, who are in the video, are from Canada, they live in Korea and make videos on Youtube about Korea. They also make reviews of k-pop songs. And yes, they talked about "Don't deny our r2π" in one of their reviews :D And then they met U-KISS...

 

 

AJ: We saw your videos. You guys make fun of us, right? I'm the guy who wrote the r2π things!
Martina: Run, Simon! :D