Drama on the rooftop

Wanna bet?

 

[Kiseop's POV]

I successfully lured Yujin on the rooftop and went downstairs again, smiling to myself. I wonder if it helps. According to my theory, Yujin has feelings for AJ but is afraid of getting into a relationship with him. Otherwise she wouldn't react so strongly, right? Okay, I might be wrong, but I still think I'm not. I just hope they'll talk about it properly.

 

I was slowly walking away and met Hoon.

 

“Ah, you're still here?” he asked me.

 

“Yeah... how come you're not with your girlfriend? You're always together everywhere,” I asked. How I enjoyed teasing him...

 

“Well, I have something to attend, so I'm leaving first and Sookyung wanted to relax at the rooftop since-”

 

“Huh?” my eyes widened... the rooftop? No... Wait, I realized, she's so protective of her friends, especially Yujin... and on top of that I knew she didn't like AJ... not looking good. “Hoon. We have to hurry... don't ask, I'll explain it later, now...” I didn't finish because Hoon didn't ask anything, just trusted me and started rushing to the rooftop. I ran after him. When we got there, we saw Sookyung running after AJ trying to beat him and Yujin standing a few meters further, traces of tears on her face and, not knowing what to do. Hoon, who was faster than me, seemingly understood the basic problem of the situation, ran after Sookyung and pulled her into a hug to stop her. The five of us stood there for a while, no one daring to move.

 

“Let me go,” Sookyung broke the silence and got free from Hoon's hug. She seemed to have calmed down a bit, but her expression was still angry and cold. There was another wave of silence.

 

“I...” AJ started saying something.

 

“Shut up.” He was cut of by Sookyung.

 

“S-Sookyung-ah,” this time it was Yujin who tried to calm her down. I didn't know what had happened before Sookyung had interrupted, neither I know what had made her cry (it was not too obvious, but I could tell she'd been crying), but she looked like she wanted to stand up for AJ. At least that was a good sign, I guess.

 

“Hey... I don't know exactly what happened, but we can calmly discuss it,” Hoon was trying to diplomatically sort it out.

 

“Fine. You,” she pointed at AJ, not even looking at him, “are not bothering Yujin ever again. End of discussion.” I worriedly looked at AJ to check his reaction. It wasn't good. He just stood there... he must have been still unsure about how Yujin would accept him because otherwise he wouldn't just take it quietly like that.

 

“Why not?” I couldn't stand it anymore. “It has nothing to do with you, if you don't like it, it's your problem.” Sookyung looked surprised, Hoon was preparing to save yet another his friend, Yujin was just standing with her eyes wide open and not daring to speak for the whole time. I glanced at AJ and gave him an encouraging look.

 

“It HAS everything to do with me, she's my best friend and I'm not letting her get hurt!” she raised her voice a bit and faced me. AJ, I risk my life for you... I hope you'll remember me as a good friend.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

“Who says he's going to hurt her?” Kiseop asked. Huh? I never even doubted that. Doesn't he know his own friend?

 

“Come on, he's dated many girls, do you think he's serious? He just knows how to fool around! Besides, he already made her cry!”

 

“I'm sure he will-”

 

“Why is everyone already discussing that when no one even asked me how I felt about it?” we were interrupted by Yujin's shaky voice. Oh... I totally forgot about her. I mentally slapped myself, she was right. We already discussed whether he's going to hurt her or not and she didn't even say she was going to accept him. I mean, of course she's not going to. But she must be suffering here while we shouted at each other here. I sighed. There was no point in all of this. I'll just get her out of here.

 

[Yujin's POV]

I stood there for the whole time, not sure what to do. Things were happening too fast. Then they started arguing about how bad AJ would be to me. I... I didn't really think he was bad. Sookyung just didn't know him well. I was not afraid he would hurt me, that was not the reason I was hesitating! Wait. Why are they even arguing about that? It's as if they were to decide whether that relationship will happen or not. Wasn't MY decision the most important in this matter?

 

“I'm sure he will-”

 

“Why is everyone already discussing that when no one even asked me how I felt about it?” I cut them off. They shut up and looked at me as if they had noticed just now that I've been standing here. Sookyung sighed and then walked up to me.

 

“Let's leave, Yujin,” she said silently and started dragging me away. I didn't fight her, but didn't really feel like going with her. I turned around to look at AJ and met his own gaze as he was watching me being taken away. Before he disappeared from my sight I caught a glimpse of Kiseop coming to comfort him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

 

We sit on a bench at the school yard, where there were not many people, and Sookyung watched me attentively. I started to cry, I don't know why, the emotions were just overwhelming. She hugged me softly and let me cry it out.

 

“Don't worry, I'll make him stop bothering you, okay?” she tried to comfort me. She didn't know what she was talking about.

 

“Mmmm...” I mumbled, not sure whether I wanted her to or not. I liked being with AJ, no I couldn't deny it anymore, I liked AJ. And I didn't think it was really fair to him. But I felt like I couldn't accept him. I was afraid of a relationship like that. Maybe I would really end up hurt... but not the way Sookyung thought. I just thought the differences of our worlds could make it impossible for our relationship to work. So maybe it would be better for both of us to let Sookyung separate us? I felt a slight pain inside me as I thought about this. I didn't know. I just didn't know.

 

[Inyoung's POV]

I had to go to the library to return some books and borrow some new ones and when I've gone there I passed by my favorite sweet shop, so I decided to have some ice-cream there even though it was a bit boring just by myself. I bought it and found a table at the outside seating. There was a hedge behind me, so I had a comfortable shadow. I started eating my delicious ice-cream, when a familiar voice caught my attention.

 

“You finally bought me sweets, hyung! You had promised me a long time ago.”

 

“Dongho, you were younger at that time. I didn't know you were still like a child, wanting their promised sweets.” I nearly fell out of my chair. Soohyun.... and Dongho... were here? I carefully turned around and I found them, luckily they couldn't see me thanks to the hedge, but I had quite a good position to watch Soohyun- I mean them.

 

I had yet another fangirl moment as I gazed at the was sun reflected in his hair and at his warm smile. Lately it seemed that he was not contacting me as frequently anymore. But maybe it was just me? Maybe I was just thinking too much.

 

“Anyway, hyung, I'm not as immature as you think. Don't be deceived by my greed for sweets! I'm not clueless anymore,” Dongho persuaded his hyung.

 

“Ah, what makes you think that?” Soohyun asked him sceptically.

 

“I know your secret, hyung! And I figured it out by myself! You have a crush~ even though I don't know who...” I almost dropped my spoon – which would be bad, because it would turn their attention to me and reveal me – and I frowned. Well, what had I been thinking? He surely knew a lot of nice girls, I should have known he would have a crush...

 

“What? I-I don't... You're just bluffing, Dongho. You are as clueless as always... Why do you think so anyways?” Soohyun denied it. Umm... so does he have a crush or not? He said he doesn't, so he doesn't, I told myself, mainly just to calm myself down, but I wasn't really sure of that...

 

“You're behaving strangely... are you sure you don't?” Dongho said, leaning forward a bit to watch his reaction. I unconsciously copied him. Please, deny it. Luckily they couldn't see me!

 

“You're so bad at figuring things out, Dongho...” he said and sipped his coffee. So that means he doesn't, right? Well...


Oh please don't kill me for making Sookyung that protective... She is going to find out AJ's not like what she thinks he is like someday...

 

And if someone is still wondering about Kibum, well... Yujin rejected him, so they are just friends... but I don't think he will appear anymore, it was more like a cameo to make AJ jealous :D