A surprising bet

Wanna bet?

 

[Yujin's POV]

“Excuse me, are you Han Yujin?” He smiled at me. He really seemed nice.

 

“Yes, I am, are you... Kim Kibum?” I asked hesitantly, remembering the name I was told by Sookyung.

 

“That's me,” he chuckled and sat in front of me. “Sookyung told me a lot about you.” Huh? I wonder what she told him...

 

“She did? Well, she talked about you too...”

 

“I guess she only said bad things about me,” he said and winked at me.

 

“She didn't say any bad things about you,” I clarified.

 

“Really? How unusual...”

 

“Why? Are you on bad terms?” I asked confusedly.

 

“I was just kidding. Anyway, let's get to know each other... so what do you like?”

 

“Umm...” I pondered, remembering AJ asking me a very similar question not a long time ago.

 

“As for me, I like composing music. I often compose music with my older brother. And then I just like... joking and having fun,” he said something about himself, probably assuming it would be easier for me if he talked first (and he was right).

 

“Composing music? I like listening to music,” I said.

 

“Looks like we're a perfect couple,” he chuckled. “Later I'll play some of my compositions for you, how about it?”

 

“Okay,” I smiled at him politely. It wasn't SO awkward anymore, but I was still not completely comfortable. Right then, the waiter came and we ordered some food. I studied all the little pots with different ingredients that were placed in the middle of the table.

 

“What's this?” I gestured at some dark green liquor. He took a little spoon and tasted it.

 

“I think it's balsamic sauce,”1) he said in English with an exaggerated accent while having a straight and serious face. I giggled and he laughed too. The awkwardness disappeared almost completely. We ate the food and talked. He really seemed to be a nice and funny. In the end it wasn't so bad.

 

“Have you finished?” he asked me and I nodded. “I'll pay then and we'll leave,” he said while gesturing the waiter to come.

 

“I can pay my share-”

 

“It's okay, I'm the guy here, after all,” he insisted.

 

“...fine,” I gave in.

 

After we – I mean he – paid, we left and went to stroll in the park.

 

“So... how did you like it today? Sookyung said you were shy so she ordered me to behave according to that. It wasn't hard on you, was it?” he asked attentively.

 

“I was actually having fun,” I smiled. “Thank you for having patience with me.”

 

“It was my pleasure. So, will you... agree to meet me again?” he asked.

 

“I-I will,” I uttered. He smiled contently when he heard my answer.

 

He walked me home and we said bye to each other in front of my house. I unlocked the door and went in. This was a long day, I thought to myself.

 

“How did it go?”

 

“What happened?” I heard two excited voices.

 

“You two are still here?!”

 

“Of course we are, we were dying with curiosity!”

 

[Sookyung's POV]

“So..?”

 

“...it was fine actually.”

 

“REALLY? Will you meet again?” Inyoung beat me to show the excitement.

 

“... yeah...” Wow! Success? She went upstairs, heading to her room. We followed her and showered her with questions.

 

“You two, go home, now!” She said with raised voice. Since we understood she was too overwhelmed with experiences right now, we obediently said goodbye and went home.

 

A few days later

[Inyoung's POV]

Since I needed to go by bus to school and back, I went to the bus stop by myself as always. I got on the bus and since there was no empty seat, I had to stand. When the bus was just about to close the door and take off when someone ran and got on at the last minute.

 

“Hi, Inyoung,” I heard and looked up to see Soohyun making his way next to me. Uh-uh, what is he doing here? I don't think I ever saw him taking this bus...

 

“Hi... where are you going? You don't usually take this bus, do you?” I asked him.

 

“I'm running some errands for my mum.”

 

“I see...”

 

The bus stopped at another bus stop and a lot of people got on. It became really crowded and we were squeezed together by the people. My heart started beating fast as I awkwardly looked to the side so that I wouldn't be staring right at his chest.

 

“Is this bus always so crowded?” he asked nervously.

 

“Just at the rush hour,” I answered. We were silent until the bus abruptly stopped which caused me to lose my balance and hit him.

 

“Sorry!” I quickly stood on my own feet only to feel him bump into me because the bus suddenly started moving again.

 

“Sorry,” he laughed. Then we were both umm... enjoying the awkward silence and as soon as we reached the bus stop where I needed to get off, I just muttered “I'm getting off, bye.” and ran away as fast as I could. I breathed out with relief, unwittingly looked back at the bus and got a glimpse of him looking at me as well. I could feel the blood rushing into my cheeks. I hope he didn't notice me.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

Hoon called me to meet him at the park, so I went there. I could see him from far away and he waved at me as I came near to him. So cute... Wait, who am I calling cute.

 

“So what's up?”

 

“N-nothing, I just... wanted to hang out?”

 

“Sure,” I said and sat down on a nearby bench.

 

“You wanna some chocolate?” he asked and took out a bar of chocolate.

 

“Yah, that's my favourite brand of chocolate! The one you had in your room!” I exclaimed.

 

“I know,” he sticked out his tongue. He handed it to me and I was about to start unpacking it when he interrupted me.

 

“Wait.” he said and I looked at him questioningly. “This brand of chocolate has a sort of event now... there are coupons in some of the chocolates and if you get the coupon, you win something.” I looked at the packing and saw a sticker informing about this event.

 

“Seems like it's true... why? Do you want to make a deal in case we win something?” I asked him.

 

“No, b-but... do you... wanna make another bet?”

 

I raised an eyebrow. “Another bet?”

 

“Yes...”

 

“Umm, why not? Sooo... if there is no coupon, you will... make me lunch for one week,” I came up with a punishment for him.

 

“But if there is a coupon, you will... go on a date with me,” he said, a bit unsure of his words. My eyes widened. What? Did he like me or...

 

“P-pardon me?”

 

“Haha, n-nevermind, it's stupid... I'll make something different up,” he stammered and started waving his hands in the air. I giggled on the inside. Before I knew it, I heard myself saying...

 

“It's fine... a bet is a bet. I just got shocked.” Now it was his turn to widen his eyes.

 

“You accept the bet?”

 

“Umm... I guess,” I said, realizing what I've done. I didn't actually know why, but I suddenly didn't find the idea of me going on date with him so bad... What's this, did I want him to win this time? I shrugged it off and mentally shook my head.

 

“I'm going to unpack it... ready?” I asked him. He nodded once with his eyes sticked to the bar of chocolate. I slowly and carefully started to tear the paper off. And the outcome was...


1) This comes from Chef's Kiss when they were tasting some ingredients: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbC3O-6F204 

So what will the outcome be? (I don't know I don't know I don't know but I'm hot, hooot :D)