The Very Busy Lunch Break - Part One

Wanna bet?

Author's note: First of all, thanks to everyone who commented and/or subscribed or even to those who only quietly read the story (if there's someone like this, lol) :)

I also noticed I used the Czech quotation marks in the whole story everytime there's direct speech :D That's because my editor's default language is Czech, but I'll start using the English quotation marks soon (probably not in the next chapter as I've already written a bit). But I guess no one even noticed :D


[Inyoung's POV]

It was Monday, the first school day since my decision to write an anonymous letter to Soohyun. I clentched the letter in my hand and breathed out. I can do this! I wonder what he will think of this... should I hide to watch his expression as he opens it? Who will he think the anonymous person confessing to him is? Would he be surprised to know it's me? And what if...

 

„Hi, what are you thinking about so much?“ I heard Sookyung's voice. I swiftly hid the letter in my bag.

 

„Ugh, nothing much...“ I made an effort to go back to my normal bubbly cheerful mode. „So what were you doing on week-end? I couldn't get hold of you!“

 

„Well... I had something interesting to take care of...“ she smiled mysteriously.

 

„Huh? You better tell me later! Anyway, let's go to the classroom.“

 

LUNCH TIME

[Sookyung's POV]

„Let's go eat!“ I cheered.

 

„What's so great about the school canteen?“ Yujin asked.

 

„Stop beeing so gloomy,“ I said. I my phone and saw a new message. I opened it, it was from Hoon.

 

Hoon

12:39

weather forecasts are reliable, you see? Anyway, we don't have any more classes today, so come to keep the promise!

 

Well, about that... remember our argument about whether it was gonna rain or not? The truth is... it rained. And I bet it wouldn't. So since I lost the bet, I have to clean his room now. And to think when I entered his room for the first time, I thought about how messy the room was and was thankful it wasn't my room... But he should at least let me eat my lunch...

 

So I sent him a reply:

right now? I wanna eat my lunch!

 

Hoon

12:47

yes, right now. my room is so messy that you have to start right now in order to make it clean before the dawn :P

 

Before the Dawn? Is he trying to provoke me by putting an Infinite's song title into his message? I'm not gonna clean his room all night!

 

I gave up and typed:

fine, I'll be right there

 

„Girls, I gotta go, no time to explain, see you tomorrow!“ I uttered quickly and ran away.

 

[Yujin's POV]

Sookyung ran off just like that! I wonder what the sudden business to take care of is, I hope it's not anything serious. Well, at least I still have Inyoung here.

 

„So are we going to the canteen now?“

 

„Yujin, I'm really sorry, but, you know... I... I also need to take care of something... I'm really sorry, enjoy your lunch, bye!“ Inyoung said and ran off as well. I just stood there dumbfounded. What's this?! So now I'm alone.

 

I sighed and went to the canteen. I grabbed my food, stopped to buy some orange juice from a vending machine and sat down at a non-occupated table. I just silently ate and looked out of the window... I wonder where Sookyung and Inyoug are right now! I grabbed the juice and attempted to open the bottle. But I unfortunately failed. It was a plastic bottle and the cap is sometimes really hard to loosen. I was realy weak, so I always used to ask Sookyung to open it for me when this happens. I frowned. Suddenly someone behind me stole the bottle out of my hand. I heard a 'click' and the now open bottle appeared in front of my face.

 

„Here you go,“ I recognised AJ's voice.

 

Before I could recover from the surprise, I saw Kevin, AJ and Dongho sitting at the empty seats at my table.

 

„What...“ I started a question.

 

„Soohyun, Hoon, Kiseop and Eli all skipped lunch and we saw you alone here, I hope you don't mind sitting with us,“ Kevin explained.

 

„Today's lunch it really not popular...“ I muttered. I remembered the bottle. It was really hard to open, AJ must be strong to open it so quickly and easily. Even Sookyung sometimes takes her time and she's really strong for a girl.

 

„Anyway, AJ, thanks for helping me to open the bottle of juice!“

 

„No problem, you can find me anytime you need to open a bottle of juice,“ AJ grinned. „So where are your friends?“

 

„That's what I would like to know as well! They just ran off leaving me alone,“ I frowned.

 

„Well, now you have us,“ Dongho said. „Now we can get to know you better.“

 

[Inyoung's POV]

I felt really bad for having Yujin left all alone, but I really hadn't known that Sookyung would also have some business to take care of. I needed to secretly put the letter in Soohyun's locker and now was a really good chance to do so. I quietly made my way to the lockers and checked that no one was there. I found Soohyun's locker and took my letter out of my bag. I slowly pushed the letter into the locker. Suddenly I heard steps and voices. I panicked and swiftly hid behind the corner.

 

„I hope Kevin, Dongho and AJ are not mad at us for leaving them,“ I recognised Kiseop's voice.„Where did Hoon and Eli go anyway?“

 

„Eli has taekwondo lessons and as for Hoon, I have no idea,“ replied Soohyun. He came closer to his locker. I could feel my heart start beating faster. He unlocked it and surprise appeared on his face. He took the letter into his hand and examined it.

 

„What's that? A love letter?“ Kiseop .

 

„I don't know...“ Soohyun said. „We're running late, I'll open it later. Come on, Kiseop“

 

I watched them leave and sighed. I really wonder what his reaction will be... now I won't even get to watch it.