Don't

Wanna bet?

[Kiseop's POV]

We were sitting in the classroom. Some of us were trying to finish the maths homework, but the others kept on talking to distract them anyways.

 

“...and our teacher's boyfriend is said to be veeery rich and even to have a really expensive car!” Dongho narrated enthusiastically.

 

“I never heard of a boy who likes gossiping so much, Dongho,” I remarked.

 

“Gossips? Oh yeah, I know one,” Hoon said. “Sookyung said Yujin was asked out by her distant cousin, so she might have a boyfriend soon~”

 

“WHAT?!” we were taken aback by AJ's loud voice.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Aaah... how come I got this problem wrong again? I was sure it would be correct this time!” he exclaimed... a bit unconvincingly.

 

“You're still trying to finish it? Why don't you simply ask Yujin to lend you her homework as always?” Eli said with a bored tone.

 

“Yeah, right, go there and bring here the solution so that we can copy it too,” Soohyun encouraged him. AJ gave in and got up, taking his notebook with him.

 

I found it weird and started thinking about it. Do AJ's mood swings really have something to do with Yujin? Oh, don't tell me... my eyes widened when I thought back at some moments.

 

We were having lunch in the canteen. AJ had no drink, but was either lazy do go all the way to the vending machine or didn't want to miss the conversation. Sookyung, Yujin and Inyoung were passing by in the direction of the vending machines.

 

You!” AJ pointed at Yujin. “Buy me a drink and bring it here.”

 

M-me?” Yujin stopped and hesitantly pointed at herself.

 

Why don't you get it yourself?” Sookyung asked him with an irritated tone.

 

I'm not talking to you. Yah, you, are you gonna do it or not?”

 

O-oh o-okay...” Yujin then obediently bought him a drink and went over here to give it to him and get her money back, while Sookyung kept giving AJ poisonous glances.

 

 

We were about to leave after the lunch, when Dongho accidentally bumped into someone and caused them to fall over with their tray. We all gathered to find out what happened and saw the person who fell was Yujin.

 

Are you OK?“ Sookyung asked her.

 

YAH! What are you doing?! You should look where you are going!“ AJ started to shout at Dongho. I didn't really understand why he was getting so angry, but didn't pay attention to it.

...

 

Anyway, I guess you were with her on Friday? I wanted to ask her something for school and she totally hung up on me,” Eli asked Hoon.

 

Ah, that was the day her and Inyoung were preparing Yujin for her blind date!” Hoon exclaimed. AJ suddenly choked on the coke he was drinking.

 

Why are you choking?” Kevin asked AJ, looking up from his textbook and giving him a concerned look.

 

Ugh, nothing... some people choke ofter when they drink, you know?” he said as if he was trying to cover something up.

 

 

I saw Yujin waving back at us. I greeted her too and turned my attention back at the game, until it was drawn away again by AJ's weird sudden change of behavior. Yujin was waving at him with a sweet smile on his face and he just nodded and turned back. He never was an extra excited and friendly person, but he was also never so emotionless and his expression was really weird.

 

And now this... Kim Jaeseop, I finally know what's up with you, I thought as I smirked. I wouldn't think he would have a thing about a girl as nice, shy, nerdy and totally different from him as Yujin. Interesting, interesting...

 

[Yujin's POV]

Sookyung and Inyoung were not yet in the classroom. I had my homework done and there were no tests today for me to learn for it, so I felt a bit bored and was killing time by looking from the window. I heard the chair of the seat in front of me, which was Sookyung's seat, being pulled and someone sit on it. When I looked at the person, I found out it was not Sookyung, but AJ.

 

“Yah. We don't understand this problem from the maths homework. You have it, right?”

 

“Oh, of course,” I smiled. It'd been a long time since he last came to ask about homework although before he'd used to do it often. “You wanna copy it or let me look at your solution to see where the problem is?”

 

“Um, I think it's all wrong, so-” But I was already taking his notebook from his hand and searching for the latest homework.

 

“Which exercise?”

 

“Number 5.” I found it and pondered about his solution. I soon understood where the problem was and put the open notebook on the desk for him to see and leaned over.

 

“So you see, when it comes to this type of situation, you need to use the cosine formula. You'll find out how big this angle is...” I pointed at the angle on the picture with my pencil and accidentally slightly brushed his hand with mine. I twitched softly at the contact, but ignored it and continued.

 

“Okay, I get it,” he was about to leave, when he froze and sat back down. “I heard someone had asked you out.” Oh. How did he know? I never told anyone... Kibum must have told Sookyung who must have told Hoon who... Aigoo, I never knew all of them were so keen on gossiping. Hoon, you gossip girl boy! But why did I feel a bit uneasy about AJ knowing about it?

 

“Well, yeah... umm...”

 

“Are-are you going to accept him?” he asked, his eyes piercing the top of my head like a laser. What was it I could hear in his voice? Probably nothing.

 

“I... I don't know,” I answered truthfully. I still was confused about that.

 

“Don't.” I looked up in puzzlement. Did I hear right? What was it supposed to mean?

 

“Huh?”

 

“Don't... accept him.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I don't want you to!” he spouted, probably taken aback himself by what he's just said. He... didn't want me to?

 

“W-why?”

 

“Because! Aish, whatever...” he started getting angry, probably mostly at himself, got up and really left. I followed him with my glance and as if I was not confused enough, I met Kiseop's stare, who was looking in this direction with an I-know-it-all expression. WTF?

 

[Inyoung's POV]

I my computer and nervously waited for it to finally finish loading. As soon as I managed to log in, I checked my e-mail box. But not my regular one. A new one. One that only one single person knows the address of. I thought back and remembered the message I'd written just a few hours ago.

 

Dear Soohyun oppa,

I thought about it you made me realize that I'd been selfish up to now. I only contacted you and flooded you with my thoughts and messages, but left you with no choice to contact me on the other hand. I am sorry for that. If you are still interested, I'll give you a way to talk to me as well. But don't get too agitated; this doesn't mean I'm going to reveal my identity. I'm sorry, but I have my reasons not to and have no intentions of doing it.

 

If you want to respond back, use this address: [email protected]1)

 

I love you, oppa,

your secret admirer

 

I know, the name is so cheesy. I couldn't help it! Nevermind. I wonder if he will write me. When it has finally downloaded, I quickly opened the mailbox and saw an incoming message.

 

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

 

Hi,

So you finally let me reach you as well? I'm so glad. And although I'm dying to know who you are and it's making me a bit sad, I respect your decision to stay in anonymity. From the way you write I can see you are a really honest and nice person, so even if it's like this, I'd like to keep in touch with you.

Take care,

Shin Soohyun

 

A bittersweet feeling took over my mind when I've finished reading the e-mail. Although I still felt a bit guilty, I was actually delighted that it turned out this way. This was probably the closest I could ever get to him and I should just be happy about it and forget about everything else. But deep inside I knew he didn't like me the Inyoung, but me the girl who writes sweet letters. Yes, it was also me, but it was not really the same. I shrugged it off and stopped thinking about it. This is the best outcome I could hope for, after all.

 

[Yujin's POV]

I kept thinking about what had happened today at school. About what AJ'd said. The whole situation made me a bit confused. Wait. Did I say a bit? I meant a lot. He told me not to accept Kibum... but why? And I'd thought he didn't care about me because he'd been avoiding me a bit these past weeks. Why did he say it? It was driving me crazy. I still felt his intense gaze on me. It was weird, but thanks to this I couldn't stop thinking about AJ all the day and it actually successfully kept my mind off Kibum's proposal and my dilemma whether I should actually accept or reject him and how. Either way, my head hurt so much today because both of them.


A note about Kiseop's flashbacks: The very first one was never used in the fanfiction, so don't feel you missed something if you don't remember it. Just think of it as something that happened before the fanfic started. All the other flashbacks were taken from the fic and slightly changed into Kiseop's POV.

1) I hope it's clear the e-mail addresses are not real. Well, "soohyunsbiggestfan" is not a really original name, so I wouldn't be surprised if it already existed. ukissSH is Soohyun's Twitter username, so I kind of used it here. As for the "homingpigeon.com", that's made up by me, because I didn't wanna risk someone having an exact same address if I added "gmail.com" or something like that, even if it would be a coincidence.

 

Talking about pigeons, in our French class we talked about which animal we would add into our nature reserve and someone (not me I should have though) said "a pigeon". In my mind, I was like...

...

....

a...

...pigeon?

pigeon

LOL. K-pop turned me into a crazy person :D Just ignore me :D