Please spare my life!

Wanna bet?

[Sookyung's POV]

“I'm going to unpack it... ready?” I asked him. He nodded once with his eyes sticked to the bar of chocolate. I slowly and carefully started to tear the paper off. And the outcome was...

 

I blinked as I stared at the revealed chocolate bar with no trace of any sparkling paper on it. I awkwardly laughed. Why was I feeling a bit disappointed? I'd wanted to win, right? And I get a lunch for free for one whole week! But somehow I just... aish, whatever! It's to confusing to think about it!

 

I looked at Hoon and noticed a few drops of sweat on his forehead. “Umm... haha... c-congratulations, you get to experience my special cooking skills... anyway, I gotta go, umm, bye,” he said, got up and left without even waiting for me to reply or looking back. Hadn't he said he'd wanted to hang out with me? Weird, I thought as I took a piece of the chocolate into my mouth. Maybe he was embarrassed? I continued to eat by myself when my gaze shifted down and my eyes widened. What a fool...

 

[Yujin's POV]

You got a meseji~♪1)

 

I grabbed my phone as I heard my message ringtone and checked the incoming message.

 

Kibum

11:30

I want to let you know I really liked our blind date and hope you did too... do you want to go out again? I don't wanna freak you out, so I'll state it clearly, it's just as friends, I know why Sookyung set us up, but we need time to get to know each other first~ so don't freak out and reply ^_^

 

Wow, that was one of a long message. But I'm glad he sorted it out and understands we need some time. I was a bit unsure of his attitude to this. Do I want to date him? I don't know... it's too early for thinking about this. For now, I found him a nice and fun guy, exactly as Sookyung had said, and I did want to spend more time with him. But I am still the shy and timid girl and besides, we don't have any feelings for each other... But well, nothing's impossible...

 

I wrote him my reply:

Sure, I'll let you decide the time and place... And actually thank you for stating it clearly, I'm afraid if you hadn't I would have really freaked out :)

 

[Hoon's POV]

It was Monday morning and I entered our classroom and headed to where U-KISS' desks were. Kevin, AJ, Eli and Kiseop were already there.

 

“Hey,” I said and sat down.

 

“Hoon, you're not coming with Sookyung?” Kiseop teased me and I frowned as I remembered certain Saturday afternoon.

 

“Why, it's not like we're always walking together,” I defended myself.

 

“Seems like that to me...” Eli commented. “Anyway, I guess you were with her on Friday? I wanted to ask her something for school and she totally hung up on me.” Friday? Umm...

 

“Ah, that was the day her and Inyoung were preparing Yujin for her blind date!” I exclaimed as I remembered. I saw AJ choke on the coke he'd started drinking because he hadn't been interested in our conversation. “She was probably too busy with that,” I added as I ignored him.

 

“Why are you choking?” Kevin asked AJ, looking up from his textbook and giving him a concerned look.

 

“Ugh, nothing... some people choke ofter when they drink, you know?” he said as if he was trying to cover something up.

 

“So Yujin went on a blind date?” Kevin asked curiously. I noticed AJ shifting his gaze to me.

 

“Seems like that, I actually don't know much.”

 

“Anyway, are we supposed to write-” Eli said as AJ got up and started walking away “-any tests today?”

 

“Where are you going?” I shouted at AJ.

 

“To buy new coke,” he said and disappeared from our sight.

 

“What's wrong with him?” Kiseop said, locking his eyes with me and I understood he also thought something was up.

 

“Don't mind him, he's just sometimes moody,” Eli stated, persuaded there was nothing worth extra attention. “So would anyone mind answering my question?”

 

“We're writing a test from maths today, but you could've assumed it from the fact I'm learning right now,” Kevin answered.

 

“You're always having the textbook of yours open! Aish, I'm dead!”

 

[Inyoung's POV]

When I've arrived to school, I went to the school canteen to buy some water from the vending machine. I was already reaching the vending machine, when I bumped into someone who was also already reaching for the button.

 

“Sorr-”

 

“Aish!” I heard a really frustrated groan.

 

“I'm saying I'm sorry,” I said and was taken aback by a loud thud. I looked up to see AJ with an angry expression on his face and his fist pressed against the vending machine, from which I assumed he'd punched it. Please someone save me, I just bumped into him, nothing more!

 

He looked at me and when he recognized me, he said (or more like shouted): “Yah, you!” He faced me and looked like he was trying to say something.

 

“Did Y-” he breathed in and out. “I mean, did you want to buy something? Let's buy mine and yours together,” he said. That's it? I was completely dumbfounded.

 

“And sorry for just now, I'm just in a bad mood, it was not because of you,” he said as he took the money I handed him and threw it into the vending machine. OK, he seems calmer. I wonder what made him so mad... well, at least I survived to finish my today's task! Yes, I felt like taking some action in my little game...

 

“Here you go,” he handed me my bottle of water.

 

“Yah, you're bleeding?” I stared at the hand he was holding the bottle with.

 

“Hi!” we were greeted by a soft voice. It was Yujin. I waved at her cheerfully and she smiled back at me.

 

“Hi,” AJ said in a quiet voice. He suddenly seemed to be in a bad mood again.

 

“Whoa, what happened?” Yujin pointed at AJ's hand that he'd forgotten to hide before she'd arrived.

 

“Someone here goes around punching vending machines when he's in a bad mood,” I joked, which was obviously not a good idea.

 

“You!” he shouted at me and I immediately hid behind Yujin.

 

“OK, I'm not saying anything anymore...”

 

“I think I should have some plasters in my bag, come here,” Yujin said and motioned to the nearby table.

 

“It's OK, I...”

 

“Just sit down,” she tagged at his wrist and he reluctantly sat down. She took out some plasters and examined his hand. Then she gently stuck the plaster on the injured place. AJ's expression was really mysterious, I couldn't decipher it. Maybe I should tell the others later to keep an eye on him (and not to like I just did because I almost died).


1) For those who don't know the song, it's Message by MYNAME (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCspONkQGE). "Meseji" is practically "message" transformed into hangul, so it means "you got a message". By the way, this is my real message ringtone :D It's perfect for messages!