The one who I like likes someone else?

Wanna bet?

 

[Inyoung's POV]

I was checking my e-mails and as always, I also checked my other secret address. I smiled when I saw an incoming mail. I opened it, anticipating the content. However as I read further and further, my heart sank lower and lower.

 

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

 

My dear secret admirer,

I feel really uneasy and worried writing this letter, but I have to. I'm sorry, but this shall be the last contact between the two of us. It's not that I suddenly dislike you or that I dislike your messages, please don't misunderstand. I have just thought a lot and came to the conclusion that it would be for the best.

 

You obviously like me very much and I'm really thankful for that and for always encouraging me. But I'm afraid I can't accept you. Apart from the fact I don't know who you are, I have someone else I like. It wouldn't be fair to you to keep you in fake hope. I should have done this a long time ago, because like this I've only encouraged you in it and now I hurt you more than necessary. Actually at the beginning, well, even a long time after that, I've been a bit attracted by you and your sincere messages and I liked receiving them. But I can't do that anymore because it actually hurts you and takes up your time, time you could spend searching for a boy that will be right for you.

 

Once again, I'm sorry, but I feel this will be the best for you.

Take care,

Shin Soohyun

 

Tears immediately emerged from my eyes. I couldn't believe it. It was too hard for me to get closer to him when it was me, and now he didn't even want the fake me. I thought I could at least talk to him like this, but it turns out he doesn't want this side of me either. It hurt so much. Was I really that bad? More tears came flowing. So he really does have someone he likes... Dongho was right after all. That girl is probably many times prettier than me. She probably also has a better personality. Why was I so lame? “Searching for a boy that will be right for me”? I've liked him for such a long time that I can't imagine not liking him. I've never thought of moving on and liking someone else... no, my heart hurt when I thought of that now. Was I wasting my time liking him? I've known from the beginning he wouldn't ever like me back.

 

I suddenly heard footsteps on the stairs. I panicked and closed the window with the e-mail first. I wanted to wipe off my tears and put myself together, but I had no time to do it as the door opened and revealed Sookyung and Yujin, who probably came to visit me like they would sometimes do. I didn't know what to do, so I just turned around.

 

“Inyoung, we're here,” Sookyung said and plopped on my bed contently, oblivious to the state I was in right now.

 

“Inyoung?” I heard Yujin's voice and heard her come to me. As she leaned in to look at my face, I turned more to the other side to keep her from seeing my tears. But I failed to hide it after all.

 

“You're crying?”

 

“What?” Sookyung stood up and came over as well. I couldn't hide it anymore, they already know... what will I tell them?

 

“What's wrong?” there it was, a “really unexpected” question.

 

“Nothing... don't mind me,” I said, faking a smile and wiping my tears now since they have already seen them.

 

“How can it be nothing? Look at yourself...” Sookyung insisted. I couldn't hold it anymore. I needed to tell someone... so I decided to tell them. Except I never planned to tell them everything. Okay, maybe some of it will even be misleading. But I absolutely can't tell the whole truth...

 

“I... I have someone I like... and he... he said he liked someone else...” I managed to say. Well, it was the truth... I just missed a few details. But it made me cry again.

 

“Oh... I didn't know... you knew, Yujin?” Sookyung asked Yujin, who just shook her head, bewildered.

 

“Who is it? Should I go kick his ?” she then asked, her protective side awakening once again.

 

“No! No, you... you don't know him...” I lied this time.

 

“But how come you never told us about him?” Yujin sit beside me on my bed.

 

“I just...”

 

“Umm, it's okay, we don't have to talk about it anymore. Let's discuss something else!” she suggested when she realized I wasn't comfortable talking about it. I wiped the tears that formed since I'd last wiped them and smiled and nodded.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

Poor Inyoung, I had no idea she liked someone... really, who's that guy who made her cry? We comforted her and then talked about something else to not let her think about it. The next day she was a bit lifeless for the whole time. Yujin was also lost in her thoughts, I could guess why. Aish, what will I do with the two of them?

 

We were passing though the school yard and saw Kevin, Eli and Soohyun, who let out an “Oh!” when he was us and approached us.

 

“You can stay here and chat, I'll go home already,” Inyoung told us and walked away when we simply nodded, knowing she was still a bit down and probably wanted to rest. She's usually cheerful, but when something makes her sad, it lasts for a while.

 

“Where did she go?” Soohyun asked us, looking a bit perplexed for some reason.

 

“She wanted to go home already...” Yujin said, not sure whether to mention the reason.

 

“Did something happen? She looks a bit down,” Kevin said, looking at disappearing Inyoung, who was walking with her head low. Umm, I guess we're close enough with U-KISS, so we could tell them... Moreover if we don't, they might unknowingly say something that would upset her...

 

“Hmm, don't tell her we told you, but she's actually sad now because... she got rejected by someone she liked...”

 

“She likes someone?” Soohyun looked surprised. A bit too much.

 

“Yes, actually we didn't know either until yesterday... looks like it's someone we don't know.”

 

“But don't talk about it to her, it would upset her,” Yujin added. “Umm, I should go home too, I have homework to do...” she suddenly added and disappeared as well before I could say anything.

 

“Where do you have your friends?” I heard a familiar voice and when I turned I saw Hoon, who arrived with the rest of U-KISS. The rest of U-KISS, including AJ... so that's why Yujin disappeared so quickly. She's probably scared of him now, after what have happened on the rooftop. I wonder if he will still bother her. Yes, I'm not randomly attacking him anymore. Hey, that time was just because I was quite angry... I won't usually hit people at a public place with people around... I didn't know what to say at Hoon's question, so I just smiled awkwardly.

 

[Soohyun's POV]

Yesterday I wrote the last letter to my secret admirer. I meant sincerely everything I wrote her. At first I was attracted to her and I wanted to hear more from her, but I realized that was selfish. She should move on, not waste her time fangirling about me, even though I kind of enjoyed it, at first. That's why it has to end now before she grows even more attached to me. I hope she'll handle it...

 

Actually one of the reasons was also that I partly lost my interest in her... it was stolen by someone else. I told Dongho he was just blindly guessing, but he was actually right... I fell for someone. For someone who was by my side when I needed her, for someone who always made me smile. That someone was Inyoung. I didn't know how to say I liked her. So I just suppressed it for a while. But when Dongho interrogated me, he made me think about it. And I was now thinking of telling her... I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it, I might just chicken out. But I promised myself to at least try.

 

We were on the school yard and saw Sookyung, Inyoung and Yujin passing by. I smiled, emitted an “Oh!” and motioned Eli and Kevin to come and join them. But when we came closer, I saw Inyoung turn and walk away. She looked a bit sad. She actually has been like that for the whole day. It made me worry.

 

“Where did she go?” I asked.

 

“She wanted to go home already...” Yujin explained.

 

“Did something happen? She looks a bit down,” Kevin said. I nodded, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

 

“Hmm, don't tell her we told you, but she's actually sad now because... she got rejected by someone she liked...” Sookyung told us. This was a big blow for me. I never knew... so she liked someone else all that time. I suppose that means a change of my plans...

 

“She likes someone?” I didn't manage to stop myself from asking and making sure. I was trying to hide my surprise and unease.

 

“Yes, actually we didn't know either until yesterday... looks like it's someone we don't know.”

 

“But don't talk about it to her, it would upset her,” Yujin pleaded us. She was really that upset? She must love him a lot... Well, that probably changes everything for me. I can't confess now. I should quietly stand by her and help her get over her sadness, right?


Author's note: Hmmm... initially I wanted to write the story just in the three girls' POV, then I was forced to use another POV once because I needed to show a situation none of them witnessed, then I started using Kiseop's POV as another "witnessing character"... but now I just had to start using Soohyun's POV because it just wouldn't make sense. Well, I kind of did portray his thoughts through his letters before, but if I used his POV since the start it woudln't be so awkward and sudden now T_T I hope it's not too weird... Anyway, did you guys guess that Soohyun liked the real Inyoung or were my hints unnoticed? :D

Too sum up this complicated situation:

Inyoung likes Soohyun, but thinks he likes someone else. She's also heartbroken because she thought he could never want the real her so at least he liked the "anonymous her", but then he doesn't want that her either.

Soohyun likes the real Inyoung, but thinks she likes someone else and was rejected by that guy because he doesn't know Inyoung likes him and that she's his secret admirer and that it was him who had rejected her...


And now moving on to a total SPAM which is completely unrelated, but I felt like spamming somewhere :D

OMG have you seen what came out today? This is what kept me from writing for the most of the day :D

I got a feeling that EXO is a great material for supernatural fanfictions... they even give us an introductory story and a supernatural power/element for each member! I shall move this topic onto my list of what-to-write-after-my-exams :D Even though I have a Neverland inspired fanfiction about U-KISS planned O_o That one will probably go first...

And for Bleach fans: When I saw Tao's single shots, only two words were on my mind: Chire, Senbonzakura. Seriously. It's like Byakuya cut his hair and learned martial arts. And then I saw Kris with that face paint and it reminded me of Grimmjow... OMG I seriously should get a tumblr or something to have a place where to spam :D