The outcome of our bet

Wanna bet?

[Sookyung's POV]

I was in my room busy reading fanfictions, when I heard my phone beep. I checked it and found out I got a meseji message from Hoon. I got nervous as I opened it.

 

Hoon

17:42

What is a coupon doing in the lunch box? I'm confused. Please reply and explain it to me~

 

Haha, I got him confused... I quickly typed my reply:

 

Pabo. You ran away without even waiting for the final result. But I'm just letting you know because I like to play fair. Sorry for having you make the lunch~

 

Hoon

17:50

But there was nothing... So that means I won? Wait... that means...

 

Haha, he's too shy to write it directly? But no, I'm not going to make it easy for him... I sent just one phrase:

 

That means what?

 

Hoon

17:54

You know. That means you lost. And when you lost, you should keep your word and do what you said you would do if you lost... you know what I mean.

 

He's stuttering even when writing messages? Such a complicated sentence, huh... it was kind of cute though.

 

Okay, I got it... As I said I like to play fair, so I will keep my word. You won, you set the conditions.

 

I waited for a reply, but I didn't receive any other message. I thought a bit about it and started to wonder why he'd wanted such a bet in the first place. Did he have feelings for me? I blushed at this thought and shooed it away. But then again... why else would he do it?

 

The next day at school I met him in the school corridor. I could feel my heart beating hard, but ignored it and acted normally.

 

“So...” both of us started.

 

“So... are you free today?” I let Hoon speak first.

 

“Today? Yes, I'm free.”

 

“Then meet me at 5 at the park, okay?”

 

“No problem,” I answered. I looked him in the eyes to find out he'd been observing me. Was there something on my face? When I looked at him, he immediately turned his gaze elsewhere and cleared his throat.

 

“Good then. Umm, why is it so hot today when they said on TV it was going to rain?”

 

I chuckled. Changing the topic to weather?

 

“Yeah, it's really hot today... nevermind, let's go to the classroom.”

 

[Yujin's POV]

Sookyung entered the classroom with Hoon and headed for her seat, which was at the area where I was now sitting with Inyoung. As soon as she saw me, she paced up and swung her arm around me when she reached me.

 

“Yah! Why didn't you tell me you met Kibum for the second time?” Huh, how did she know? Stupid question, Kibum had probably told her. It's not like I'd told him to keep it a secret.

 

“You did?” Inyoung looked up and smiled playfully.

 

“W-well... I didn't tell you because I knew you would do this!” They pouted.

 

“Then tell us something finally.”

 

“There's nothing much to say.”

 

“Tell us the “nothing much” then.”

 

“Well-” I was interrupted by the ringing. “The class is starting.”

 

[Sookyung's POV]

I got home and remembered I was supposed to have a date with Hoon today. I immediately rushed into my room and panicked – I need to wash my hair, fix my make-up, and what am I going to wear? I decided to clean myself up first and rushed into the bathroom. WAIT, I said to myself in the middle of the preparations, why am I taking it so seriously anyway? Whatever, no time to think about that now.

 

I successfully dressed myself up and went out. Hoon was already waiting for me at the park.

 

“You look... beautiful,” he said and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

 

“Thanks... so where are we going?”

 

“Follow me,” he smiled.

 

So he led the way and a few minutes later we found ourselves standing in front of a dog house1). How cute! I've always wanted to come to a place like this.

 

“You like dogs, don't you? I thought you would like it,” Hoon explained.

 

“I do like it, thank you,” I said cheerfully.

 

We went inside and saw a lot of dogs everywhere. As soon as I entered the area, a big dog rushed to me and jumped on me, putting its front paws on my shoulders while still standing on the floor. I stumbled backwards because of his weight, but laughed because the dog was just being playful and it was really cute. It stood back on all its four legs and started sniffing my hand. I laughed again and turned my head to look at Hoon, who entered after me. I stiffened a bit when I realized I was standing really next to him thanks to the dog who'd pushed me backwards. After a few seconds I collected myself and moved, making a space between us again. We then went further inside and started playing with the dogs. There were so many of them and we spent approximately 1 hour and half at the place, although it didn't seem so long.

 

After we've left we first went bought some ice-cream at an ice-cream stand. We had to find one first, so we searched. “There,” Hoon said and lightly put his arm around me to stop me from walking on and to make me turn in the direction of the stand he found. It lasted only a little while and it felt so natural I didn't notice it at first. After we've bought the ice-cream, we slowly headed home, to my house to be exact. As we were walking in silence and eating our ice-cream, I looked up at Hoon and unknowingly I started thinking about how close we were standing today and then somehow observed him eating, gazing at his facial features. When I've realized what I've been thinking about, I immediately averted my gaze away. He probably didn't notice, right?

 

“So... did you enjoy yourself today?” he asked, a bit unsure.

 

“I... I did,” I answered honestly, but felt a bit unsure as well. What are we now-

 

“Sookyung-ah... ”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You know why you are here in the first place? Why I wanted such a bet?” I gasped. Well... I'd wondered about that too. Did he really... have feelings for me? I suddenly felt a bit of anticipation.

 

“You probably want to tell me right now, don't you?”

 

“W-well, yes... Exactly the real reason is... I... well, it's maybe obvious- I actually-”

 

“Why so nervous, spit it out finally,” I laughed a bit forcedly at him, not being able to bear the suspense anymore.

 

“I like you.” I stared into his now, equally as mine, round shaped eyes which displayed uncertainty, but sincereness as well.

 

“I-I...”

 

“I'm sorry, I'm probably putting you into a hard situation, I- just forget it if-”

 

“Pabo. You wouldn't run away before knowing the exact answer again, would you?” I stopped him. He looked at me confusedly.

 

“I-I think I also have feelings for you,” I admitted. The expression in his face changed.

 

“Really?”

 

“No, I'm kidding.” Before his expression could change, I continued. “I was actually kidding just now. Why would I joke about something like that?”

 

“Then w-will you... be my girlfriend?”

 

“I will,” I said before I even processed what was happening. But I suddenly felt stupid for not realizing earlier that I liked Hoon. Right now I felt it and wanted to be with him.


1) I don't know what exactly it it, but I saw it on SS501's Thanks for raising me, when they went there with the dog they were raising. It bacically looks like a restaurant, but there are dogs everywhere. I suppose you can just go there with your dog and play with the others. Sorry if it's inaccurate :)