A letter FOR ME?

Wanna bet?

 Author's note: My last chapter got lost because of Sunday's downtime, but luckilly I write my fanfiction in a word processor on my PC, so nothing's easier than copying it again. I just forgot what I'd named it and couldn't think of any name again, lol.

 

Anyway, I'm sorry, but I may have less and less time and strength to write, so be prepared if I don't update suddenly. Maybe I will manage finish the fic before I get really busy, but who knows. I also have a few more ideas that could be turned into a fanfiction, but I'm not going to start it until I finish this one, because I also don't like when someone starts like ten fanfictions and then updates each of them like once in... a few months :D But you're lucky, 'cause I've been tempted to start writing it a few times :D


[Inyoung's POV]

It was a day like any other, we were sitting in the classroom, talking, studying a bit and laughing, when Sookyung and Hoon came together. Not that that was weird, they came to school together quite often. What was weird was that they came hand in hand. Me and Yujin shared a meaningful look and turned our gaze to the couple (?). They looked at us and then at the U-KISS boys who supposedly had the same reaction as us and smiled.

 

When they entered the class hand in hand and confessed they had started dating, we were a bit surprised, but not really that much. It's not like they were not close and everyone wasn't teasing them about it before. They do seem like a really sweet couple.

 

During one of the breaks I went to the restroom and on my way back I carefully sneaked into the lockers area. I smiled victoriously as I saw no one was in. I reached out with the folded paper in my hand, but stopped and eyed carefully something sticking out from the locker I was about to throw it in. It seemed like a piece of paper. I carefully pulled it out and after I've checked that no one was coming, I unfolded it and started reading. I widened my eyes as I found out I was meant to find it.

 

My dear secret admirer, whoever you are,

I really appreciate your genuine feelings towards me. I must say you engaged my interest with the very first letter I've received and with every other letter I'm finding something new out about you and get to understand you more, although I don't know who you are. You know I've been trying to find you, but you're hiding very well from me. Why don't you want me to find you? You are opening up to me yet hiding from me at the same time. All this time you were talking to me through these letters, but you left me with no way to contact you and to talk back. How can I contact you, I've been wondering... This is the only option and I hope you find this letter. I don't know anymore how to find you and maybe I shouldn't be trying if you don't want me to. You probably have your reasons, but won't you reconsider it?

Love,

Shin Soohyun

 

I gasped and ran away before anyone could see me. I hid it and returned to the classroom. I sat down with a blank face and drifted deep into my thoughts. Yes, in the letters, I've been opening up to him, I didn't write anything that could lead to me, but I just wrote about how I feel, not only towards him, but when I was stressed or happy (again, I paid extra attention not to say anything that could hint it was me). I kind of liked the way it was, I could talk to him freely and naturally, no nervousness, no shyness, and could observe his reaction from afar. If he was to find out, I would lose this. I wouldn't be able to talk to him in a carefree manner anymore. But was I really selfish for only contacting him and not letting him contact me? But I was afraid he would avoid me if he found out it was me.

 

“Inyoung, is something wrong?” Yujin asked me with her eyes open wide. I just realized I've been probably spacing out too blatantly.

 

“What? Of course not, I've just been daydreaming... you know, EXO have a new song prologue! I've been singing it in my head for days! Aren't they cool?”

 

“Oh, okay,” she returned my grin. Thanks, k-pop.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

Everyone was happy about me and Hoon's new relationship and they didn't even seem much surprised. I felt like talking about it to my best friends so I just couldn't wait till the end of school to chat comfortably. Once the classes were over, everyone rushed out from the classroom. My eyes searched for Hoon in the crowd and when my gaze finally landed on him, I saw he did the same. We exchanged looks and I smiled and went away.

 

When the three of us finally met up at my house, all of us started talking at the same time as soon as we closed the door of my room. When we realized it, we all stopped and suddenly there was silence. We laughed.

 

“So! You and Hoon! Hoooow?” Inyoung took the initiative to speak first.

 

“And wheeeen?” Yujin imitated her question.

 

“I've been dying to tell you about it, girls! It happened a few days ago...” and I went on to tell them everything. They were so excited and looked like they were watching some kind of pathetically romantic drama. Aigoo, they need a love life as well, I thought when I was watching their funny moved expressions.

 

(A few days later)

[Yujin's POV]

I was passing by a sports field when I spotted the U-KISS boys playing basketball. I stopped to watch them for a while. AJ easily snatched the ball from Dongho, ran with the speed of light and scored gracefully. I almost forgot about my surroundings as I watched him. I instantly started admiring his strength and speed. Kevin saw me and waved at me happily. I waved back. He noticed the others and pointed at me. They greeted me as well. I looked back at AJ and waved at him with a smile. He just nodded with a blank face and averted his gaze back. I frowned a bit. Wasn't he happy to see me? Even if he wouldn't be happy, it would maybe be normal, but he seemed unhappy about it. Did he dislike me? Well, who was I for him anyway. It's not like we were super close friends. I was just a nerd. I shrugged and continued walking home.

 

[Kiseop's POV]

We were playing basketball. We were winning, thanks to AJ's (and my, of course) scores. Kevin was standing in front of me and suddenly started waving at someone. I looked in the direction and saw Yujin waving back at us. I greeted her too and turned my attention back at the game, until it was drawn away again by AJ's weird sudden change of behavior. Yujin was waving at him with a sweet smile on his face and he just nodded and turned back. He never was an extra excited and friendly person, but he was also never so emotionless and his expression was really weird. I remembered the moments when he suddenly started behaving like this recently. I knew something was bothering him. Could it... have something to do with Yujin? I gazed back at her to see her walking away with a little frown on her face. But that didn't make sense, did it? AJ wasn't even close with her. He just sometimes liked to bother her and also copy his homework from her. Probably not, I thought. Maybe this time he'd just been concentrating on the game and not really thinking much about the surroundings. Hadn't he?