What's wrong with you?

Wanna bet?

[Sookyung's POV]

When I've arrived to school, everyone was suspiciously silent. The majority of the boys were trying to figure out some mathematical problems (really soon, we're writing the test today...), Yujin was absent minded, lost in her own world again and Inyoung wasn't even here... where did she go? Maybe to restroom...

 

As for Hoon, I didn't feel like facing him now. Yes, he actually won our last bet, but he doesn't know about it, because he'd been too stupid to run away before it was revealed properly. To be honest, I'd also thought I'd won before I started eating the chocolate and found out the coupon had been on the other side all the time... which means when I'd unpacked it, it was under the chocolate bar, of course we couldn't see it.

 

So now I was a bit unsure of what to do... should I just pretend there was no coupon and claim the prize by myself? Just kidding, the main problem's not the prize. But there was still this weird feeling

of disappointment which I couldn't understand. Maybe I was developing feelings for Hoon? Aish, it's making me dizzy! It's really worse than the mathematical formulas!

 

[Yujin's POV]

As we headed to the school canteen to eat our lunch, Sookyung and Inyoung crowded around me again and were trying to get some details about my blind date from me. I didn't tell them anything. They got angry and started ignoring me. Finally peace! Haha.

 

We sat down and took out our food. After a while, U-KISS entered the canteen and I could see Hoon separating from them and heading towards us to join us as he sometimes did. As he sat down next to Sookyung I felt some weird tension in the air. The two of them didn't even look at each other.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

“Hi,” I said.

 

“Hi,” he said, not looking at me. It was so awkward...

 

“T-this is your lunch,” he pushed a box towards me and faked a smile to mask his nervousness. I hesitated, but decided to play along for now.

 

“Thanks,” I smiled at him.

 

“Oooh, what's with the lunch? Something you two are not telling us?” Inyoung teased us.

 

“No, it's not,” me and Hoon said simultaneously and looked away when we realized it.

 

“Suspicious,” Inyoung stated and turned her attention back to her own lunch. I shrugged and started eating as well. As I was chewing I thought about what I should do next about the coupon. I decided to let him know he won, it wouldn't be fair otherwise. But why did I feel this wasn't my only motive? Anyway, it would be no fun to just tell him. I got an idea and smiled to myself.

 

I finished eating and checked if anyone was looking. Everyone was distracted with something else, so I took out the coupon, put it inside the empty box and closed the box. Then I simply naturally waited for everyone to finish, returned the box to Hoon and went home. I'm curious what will happen next.

 

[Inyoung's POV]

After school I went to the nearby supermarket to buy some stuff I needed. I was wandering around the store and searching for the items I wanted to buy, when I froze as I saw a familiar figure on the opposite side of the aisle. I turned around and tried to escape, hoping he didn't notice me, but then I heard him call my name and approach me.

 

“Umm, hi Soohyun,” I was acting as if I just hadn't tried to run away.

 

“I didn't expect to meet you here. What are you buying?” he said and peeked into my shopping basket. OH NO, I had a new notebook there... the same design I always use... the same one I used to write all the letters to him. By the way, I wonder if he's already read my today's letter... Anyway! The pages from the notebook have some small pictures on the bottom pages, so he would recognize it. He must not see it! I quickly hid the shopping basket behind my back.

 

“Nothing interesting, just some snacks and school utensils,” I told him.

 

“Um, okay,” he said. He probably didn't notice anything. “Wanna finish shopping together?” No, I don't! I said in my head. But how could I reject him? It would be suspicious. But if we go together, then he would see the notebook... even if I hide my basket for the whole time, when it will be time to pay... Is there a way to get out of this without him noticing anything?

 

“Sure,” I accepted since I had no choice.

 

We then went to find the rest of items on our shopping lists. We sometimes stopped to point out some weird funny stuff we found on the stands. Soohyun is so funny, I thought and I felt like having another fangirl spazz attack. It felt so nice to be with him. But I was a bit nervous because I had to keep the shopping basket out of his sight all the time.

 

“Do you have everything? If you do, let's go to the checkout counter,” he proposed.

 

“Okay,” I said, but the truth is I had no idea what to do. As we were coming closer and closer to the checkout counter, I felt nervous. Suddenly I got an idea. We joined the queue and after a few seconds I exclaimed: “Oh no, I forgot something! You stay here in the queue, I'll be right back!” and I stormed out, not giving him a chance to react. I quickly returned the notebook back where I got it and came back. I was a genius!

 

We paid and quit the supermarket. We said goodbye to each other and as soon as I turned around to walk in the direction of the bus stop, I couldn't bear it and giggled to myself. People around me must have thought I have gone crazy. Well, I maybe have.

 

[Yujin's POV]

Today I was supposed to meet up with Kibum. I told nothing about it to Sookyung and Inyoung because they don't need to know everything. And if they knew, they would camp in my house till I return again. So I prepared myself and went out. Luckily I wasn't as nervous as last time. I was surprised to see a car outside the house and Kibum leaning on it.

 

“Weren't be supposed to meet in the café?”

 

“We were... but I decided to pick you up,” he answered with a dashing smile on his face. He opened the car door for me and closed it after I've gotten in.

 

[Kiseop's POV]

Me and AJ were going to the sports field to play football. We were walking on the street, ´killing time by chatting with each other.

 

“And I think we absolutely should-” I stopped myself when I noticed AJ wasn't walking next to me anymore. “What are you doing?” I turned around to find him a few steps behind, staring into space. I wonder what's wrong with him lately. He never was so irritated and distracted.

 

“AJ,” I called him. No response. “AJ!” Nothing. “YAH! KIM JAESEOP!”1) I aimed the football at his head.

 

“Huh?” he turned his attention back to me.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Uh, n-nothing! I just... was afraid that the cat will get ran over by a car!” he pointed to a cat which was now on our side of the road. Such a lame excuse. He thinks I'm stupid? I turned my head in the direction he'd been looking before, but could not see anything interesting. Just a car leaving the pavement where it'd been parked; otherwise the neighborhood was quite empty and quiet. But I decided to play along and confront him later.

 

“Whatever, let's go,” I nudged him and he reluctantly followed me after turning his head for the last time. It seemed as if he was eyeing the car. Was there someone he knew?

 

We arrived at the place and started playing. As expected, AJ was still acting weird. I was putting up with it until he kicked the ball so hard it disappeared from our sight.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I shouted at him. “You know what, go find the ball and calm down. You're making me irritated too.”

 

“Whatever,” he said and went to find the ball. I knew him well, he was not good at dealing with things that made him angry or sad and he always just loses control and becomes irritated, but keeps it for himself. Kim Jaeseop, I'm going to find out what's wrong.

 

[Yujin's POV]

We arrived at the café and Kibum not only opened the car door for me, but the door to the café as well. We must have looked silly, I thought as I giggled. We talked about pretty much everything and I was starting to feel comfortable around him.

 

When we left, we strolled on the street and continued chatting. We came across a dubokki stall and I stopped for a bit, remembering that it was the same one AJ had treated me to dubokki at on the day I waited for him with his lost keychain. I smiled a bit as I remembered how he'd grabbed my wrist and had dragged me home as I'd just obediently followed him.

 

“Wanna eat dubokki?” a voice interrupted my train of thoughts.

 

“Uh, no, it's okay,” I replied to Kibum and caught up with him. “Let's go.”


1) AJ's real name

 

Anyway, I hope it was not too hard to figure it out, but just to make it clear: As 2seop (Kiseop and Jaeseop = 2seop :D haha) were walking on the street, the reason AJ stopped was 'cause he saw Yujin and Kibum getting in the car. But Kiseop didn't notice them, although he did see the car.