We told you so~

Wanna bet?

This is the final chapter! The next one is just spam, I mean, advertisement of my other stories. 


[Yujin's POV]

I didn't feel like going to school today because I was not ready to face Sookyung. I actually had no idea how well Hoon handled it the other day. When I came, she didn't say anything about it and was acting as if nothing had happened, but she couldn't hide completely that there was something she was not happy about. On the other hand, Inyoung seemed as if she was exchanged. She was suddenly smiling so much and back to her bubbly self. Everything seemed so weird today.

 

Let's sit all together,” Inyoung leaded us towards U-KISS' table in the school canteen when it came to lunch break. We both didn't really give an enthusiastic reaction, but she insisted on it. It almost seemed that she had some reason for that. Nevermind, we just gave in and went to sit there.

 

Oh, you came,” Soohyun smiled sweetly in our direction when we came closer, as if he had been expecting us. Inyoung beamed and sat at an empty seat in front of him. We sat down too.

 

Anyway, Inyoung...” Sookyung said after a while. “Did anything good happen? You seem to be in really good mood, unlike the last few weeks.”

 

Well, that's actually...” Inyoung blushed slightly. Oh, what had happened? I was curious too.

 

Actually we are all gathered here on purpose,” Soohyun said. Everyone looked at him in confusion. “Because we want to announce something. We are dating...”

 

Hyung! And you still denied having a crush on someone!” Dongho was the first to react, grievance obvious in his voice. Soohyun just smiled apologetically.

 

What? When did this happen? Why do you two keep everything from me recently?” Sookyung looked at me.

 

Us two?” Inyoung looked at me as well, not understanding the reference.

 

Nevermind... well, congratulations... I trust you with her, Soohyun,” she said. I was a bit jealous, she trusted Soohyun but not AJ... although being given their images at school, it was understandable... Soohyun was known for being responsible, polite and a gentleman.

 

But weren't you still heartbroken just a few days ago?” Eli asked, being confused by this as everyone else.

 

Well, the truth is...” Inyoung started explaining how everything had happened. So she was the secret admirer... I hadn't thought of this at all. Their story sounded like a plot of some drama. So complicated!

 

A few days later

[Sookyung's POV]

What is this supposed to prove?” I raised an eyebrow at Hoon, bending again to hide myself behind the plant in front of our table at a sweet shop again.

 

What could be a better way than this?” he said confidently. “Just wait and see.” I carefully glanced back at the object of our very discreet observation. The couple we were watching was calmly talking to each other, oblivious to the four pair of eyes watching them. So yeah, this was Hoon's idea. He came up with a bet – if AJ will behave and treat Yujin properly, it means I lose and I'll have to admit I was wrong and give them my blessings. And if he makes her uncomfortable, or even cry, or does something improper, I win and Hoon will have to help me break them up before it gets worse. The question was how to find out how he treats her outside of school where we can watch them legally. And the outcome is... we are stalking them right now like some creeps.

 

For now, I haven't observed anything bad about AJ's behavior, but I was sure it will come soon. Well, I didn't really wish for it to come, but at least I could save my vulnerable friend sooner.

 

They are leaving!” I whispered and hid again. They got up and walked towards the counter. We watched AJ take out his wallet and pay for everything and even open the door for Yujin when they walked out.

 

You see?” Hoon looked at me with an I-told-you-so expression.

 

It's suspicious... how do I know you didn't tell him about it?”

 

I didn't! Don't you trust me? I never cheat!” he defended himself, feeling a bit offended.

 

Okay, okay, I trust you... let's go or we'll lose them!”

 

We left too, but unluckily we weren't able to find them anymore, I guess we had argued for too long when they had left. Well, at least we can prepare for next time... I had an idea on my mind. Because I still didn¨t trust him.

 

You don't mind me creating a... specific situation to test him, right?” I asked Hoon.

 

What should it be?” he asked me and I explained it to him. I got a permission, so I started to realize the plan.

 

Another day

[Yujin's POV]

I was on another date with AJ. He was actually really trying hard and I enjoyed being with him. I felt a bit guilty that I'm doing this behind Sookyung's back when I know she's against it, but... I wasn't really doing anything bad, was I?

 

We bought some ice-cream and then had a walk, but I clumsily let the ice-cream fall out of my hand and leave a stain on my sweatshirt.

 

I'm going to find some public washroom here and come back, okay?” I told him and went to search for a public washroom where I could get rid of that stain. Luckily it was on my sweatshirt which I could simply take off since I was wearing a shirt under it, but I still needed to wash it right away so that the stain wouldn't stay there.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

We were stalking them again and when I saw Yujin drop her ice-cream and leaving to search for a washroom, making AJ stay here alone, I saw a chance to let get my plan started. I took my phone and made a call.

 

Oh, it's me, Shinmi-ah. Yeah, you can start. You know where we are, right?”

 

It didn't last long and I could see my old friend Shinmi, who I had asked for this favor, make her way towards AJ, who was now seated on a bench at the park, waiting for Yujin. Shinmi was wearing shorts and looked really fashionable. Yes, I was using Shinmi as a bait. I wanted to see how he would react if a really beautiful girl started flirting with him. I was persuaded he would just forget about Yujin right at the moment. I felt a bit bad for doing this, but if he really is like this, the sooner we find out and separate him from Yujin, the better. Hoon on the other hand swore AJ would not even look at her.

 

We observed Shinmi sit next to him and pose ily, letting her hair wave in the breeze. We carefully moved behind a bush that was nearer to hear what they say. After a while, she took the initiative.

 

Hi...” He looked at her, surprised, and hesitantly answered.

 

Isn't the weather really hot today?” she continued, trying to start a conversation.

 

Umm, yeah...”

 

So what are you doing here all alone?” she kept asking questions and leaned close to him, almost whispering the last words to his ear.

 

I'm waiting for my girlfriend,” he raised his voice a bit. “So get out of my personal space before you end up hurt,” he said in a hostile way when she stayed in that position.

 

Oh, is your girlfriend that pretty?” Shínmi pouted cutely, staying still as she didn't want to give up yet.

 

Yes, she is, and...” he paused, grabbed her hair and pulled her in a proper distance from him, “...I told you to get out of my personal space.”

 

My jaw dropped. Hoon was really right about this one... He was now smirking at me while I was dumbfounded. Shinmi hissed in pain, got up and left. A little while after that I got a call from her. I went further away not to be found out by AJ and picked it up.

 

You owe me a big favor, Sookyung! Do you know how much it hurt? He's really strong! But at least I think you can be happy because your friend's boyfriend is really loyal to her!”

 

Oh... okay, I'll see about that. Thank you anyway, Shinmi. You did well.”

 

I was confused. Maybe he really wasn't as bad as I thought?

 

When I turned around again, I saw Yujin coming back. She joined AJ and they walked away together. I hurried to Hoon and we followed them.

 

You still don't trust him?”

 

I... okay, this time you were right, but I'm still not really sure-”

 

I was interrupted by Yujin's squeak coming from a few blocks in front of us.

 

[Yujin's POV]

What an unlucky day! First the ice-cream and now I've tripped and fallen. My arm and leg were sore from the contact with the hard surface and my ankle hurt a bit too.

 

Are you okay?” AJ was by my side with the speed of light, checking if there is anything wrong. I blushed

 

Does anything hurt? Can you stand up?” I just rubbed my arm, waiting for the pain to pass. He wanted to look at it too, but I told him it was nothing. He then helped me stand up. Fortunately I could walk normally, the pain was also smaller now. I told him it was okay, but he kept making sure if it really was.

 

[Sookyung's POV]

I stood there and watched AJ's worried and caring expression when he was helping Yujin stand up. I've never seen this kind of expression on him. It seems he really cares for her a lot. Was I really that wrong? It seemed so. Should I give him a chance? I suddenly noticed a hand waving in front of my face.

 

Hello, are you there?” Hoon checked whether I was mentally present.

 

Yes...” then I was silent.

 

Aren't we going after them?” he motioned towards the receding couple.

 

No need,” I said and he raised an eyebrow. “You won, Hoon.”

 

Really?” he was surprised. He probably hadn't expected it so fast.

 

Yes. I think he does care for her. Now I've seen some of their dates. I'm giving him a chance.”

 

I to-”

 

And please, don't say 'I told you so'...”

 

[Yujin's POV]

Another school day and on one of the breaks I briefly met with AJ at the school yard. We just talked a bit, but soon I saw Sookyung walking towards us with Hoon. I looked at AJ, not knowing what to do. He just shrugged.

 

Sookyung...”

 

Scared of me?” she smirked at AJ. I looked at him apologetically.

 

But I'm not here to cause trouble,” she continued. “I'm here to tell you-”

 

Wait, how could you let me miss this? I wanna hear it too!” Kiseop came with a pout on his face.

 

Kiseop, I shouldn't have told you anything,” Hoon shook his head. Me and AJ were really confused by now.

 

So as I was saying... I'm here to tell you... I don't have any objections towards the two of you dating anymore.”

 

Hahaaa, I told y-” Kiseop started shouting enthusiastically but didn't finish because he caught Hoon's death glare.

 

But just try to make her cry and I'll...”

 

Fine, I get it,” AJ said, not wanting to know what terrible death he would have to face.

 

But Sookyung, what made you change your opinion?” I asked out of curiosity.

 

Well, that's... a secret. Sheesh, can't you just be happy and not ask?”


So here it is! A slightly open ending maybe :) So that was my first fanfic ever... in the end I enjoyed writing it. Although I only have 10 subscribers (at one time I had 11 of them, but I lost one, lol), I am happy (and maybe even surprised) that someone read it at all :D

Thanks especially to Grey_Storm and Ayumiichann, who commented on almost every chapter and made me have more confidence, also to obsidian-rain, who also commented often on the last chapters, Tama-chan, who doesn't even know U-KISS and reads it and supports me on Facebook (you see, I didn't forget about you this time! ^_^), and then everyone else who ever commented and subscribed.

 

One last thing, I hope you could just answer this poll for me, I'm curious what you liked the best and it also will serve to me as an info on how many people actually read up to here, so please silent readers vote too, if you exist :D