First Love

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

December is finally here and you can already feel  theChristmas spirit in the cold and frigid air. Aside from the upcoming Christmas holidays, there's another event that every student in school has been anticipating all year long, the annual winter formal!

Every year I've always third wheeled with Lisa and Carter except for last year since we both didn't have any date after she broke up with Carter just a few weeks prior to the event; that day we ended up staying in with just the two of us and having the best sleepover at her house. Pathetic right? 

Not really. 

Me and Lisa are pretty well known in school if I had to admit so myself. A few boys had already tried to asked me out for this winter formal but the only problem is that me and, most especially, Lisa only attract the wrong type of boys. Lisa has a reputation of being a bad girl and she's always been overprotective of me so the only boys who had the guts to approach us were the jerk jocks and the stone heads. This was of no consequence to Lisa but me on the other hand? Not in a million years would I consider dating any of those guys for I only like boys who are kind and sweet.


I should also probably say something about my upbringing: I came from a typical conservative Asian family and being and only child, I was nurtured with love and affection from both my mama and papa. As I was growing up, I watched my parents treat each other with so much adoration and it made me aspire to marry a well mannered man like my papa. That's probably the reason why I've set a very high standards when it comes to choosing who to date, but with all these slim pickings, I guess I have to be more patient if I wanted the right one to come along; as my father told me once, "Patience is a virtue my dear Jennie. Wait for the right person and he will eventually find his way to you."


So I did. And just as I was standing there in the hallways while being serenaded by the most wonderful boy on earth, I knew in that moment that my father has, once again, been right.

Donny is the sweetest boy I've ever met and I've always adored him from afar.

He has always been such a shy boy ever since we were young but I guess he had finally grown out of it and turned into this fine young man standing in front of me(and a talented one at that, I added as I admired his deep and melodic voice).

He is singing something that I've never heard before but I didn't care! It was the sweetest thing any boy had to ever done to me. 

I was so enchanted by his voice and his lovely smile that all I could do was to stand there and grin like a lovesick idiot; I can't help myself, I've been dreaming about this moment since freshman year.

After he finished the song, he procured a single red rose from his jacket and approached me before going down on one knee. Everyone in the hallways stopped on their tracks and began cheering for the boy in front of me.

"Jennie Kim, there is no one in the world I would like to take this coming Winter Formal as a date but you!" He professed as he offered me the flower he is holding up. "Would you al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter