Just A Little Bit Longer

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

I woke up again today not caring about what day of the week it is, not caring about what happens next, not caring about anyone else but my own misery. Everyday was a routine, I'd go to school, do my homework, hang out with friends, and maybe sneak out at night to attend a party or two. I try to fill the void that I call my heart with anything just so I could start feeling something other than this numbness. 

Today, me and my gang of friends skipped our last class to hang out in this cool abandoned warehouse just a couple of miles away from town where we could drink a few bottles of beer, and smoke a couple of cigarettes. I was already on my third bottle when Mike decided to have a heart to heart conversation with me. "So.." He started, making me raise one brow in inquiry.

"So what?" 

"How are you?" He asked, making me roll my eyes. I already know know where this is going.

Tight lipped, I answered, "I'm fine." 

"It's just that you've been acting all.." Having a hard time of phrasing what he wanted to say, he motioned at me with his two hands, "..that."

"I said, I'm fine." I was getting irritated at his unwanted nosing. Here I am just wanting to have a good time and here he was trying to ruin my mood.

"No you're not. Jennie's always been asking for you and she's really worried sick--" 

"Drop it Mike." I gritted before he could continue pressing me on. I was careful not to raise my voice so that the others wouldn't be alarmed by my brewing distress. The night is still young and I don't want to ruin the fun by talking about this particular subject, but Mike apparently have other ideas.

"Come on, man. I don't know what happened but maybe you should at least talk to her," 
I tried to hold on my temper but I have a very short fuse these days, and one more word out of his mouth-- ", she's your best friend after all." 

"I SAID DROP IT MIKE!" I finally snapped and screamed my lungs out. "You think Jennie will like you by getting on her good side?! WELL GUESS WHAT?! SHE'LL NEVER GIVE YOU A SECOND GLANCE SO JUST SHUT THE UP AND MIND YOUR OWN GODDAMN BUSINESS!" Breathing in and out, I realized that I may have gotten overboard, but I didn't care. I needed to say it out loud. 

But are you really saying this just for him? 

Ignoring the little voice in my head, I finally noticed that the others were now gawking at us, worriedly. "I was just ing concerned about you Lisa." Mike stated, sounding offended and hurt by what I said.

"What's going on?" Steve asked as he got between us. "Mike?" He looked at Mike but Mike just shook his head in dismay and looked away. Steve turned to me instead, expecting to get the answer he is looking for, but I'm too pissed off to explain anything to anyone. 

"I'm out of here." I stated before walking away, not waiting for any of them to respond.

"Wait up!" Steve caught up to me outside the warehouse but I didn't stop walking. "Hey, let me drive you at least."

"I can drive myself fine! You know damn well I'm still sober Steve." I rejected his offer outright and got inside my car.

I heard him knock on my windows so I opened it up to hear whatever he has to say. "You know Mike was only worried about you right? And it's not just him. We all know things haven't been great between you and Jennie lately, and we're just really worried about you." 

"GOD! Would everyone just stop treating me like a wounded dog?! I'm fine and I can take care of myself!"

Shoulders drooping in surrender, he sighed. "Just take care all right?" He said as he stepped away from my car. Their constant worrying just pisses me off more so I stepped on the gas without looking back at him, and drove home as fast as I could. 

I got home only to find both my parents waiting for me in the living room. I wasn't expecting my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter