Still In My Heart

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Holiday break is officially over and the school's second semester had officially began. Sitting in the cafeteria among her rowdy and popular friends, Lisa protectively held her food away from Steve as the latter unrelentingly tried to snatch some of her fries. "Stop it Stevey! You can probably afford to buy every food in this cafeteria so why don't you get your own?!" The blonde huffed.

"Where's the fun in that?" The handsome boy winked after he successfully grabbed a hold another piece of the blonde's food.

"Geez! You prick." Lisa gave up and stopped her futile effort to shoo away her sneaky friend.

Seeing how the blonde is sulking at having her lunch snatched under her nose, Josh pushed his own fries towards the blonde and offered, "You can have mine, babe." 

"Really?!" Lisa exclaimed in overflowing joy. She's not the one to pass up any free food offered to her so she had already grabbed the food before Josh could even reply or take back his offer. "Thanks!" She exclaimed shortly before digging in.

Josh and the others chuckled at how adorable their one and only girl friend is acting while Steve grumbled in disapproval. "Boring." He complained. He just wanted to annoy his friend for no reason especially since the end of the school year is approaching but Josh just has to ruin it. 

"I can't believe we're already graduating a few months from now." Mike expressed with a mixture of anticipation and sadness. High school but he's surely going to miss everyone of his friends especially since they're all planning to study in different states for college.

As Lisa registered the somber expression of Mike after he made his statement, it suddenly dawned on her that all of this will eventually have to come to an end once they start college and move on with their lives. She looked around the cafeteria where she had spent most of her lunch during her four years of high school and she was suddenly hit with a wave of nostalgia. This is where she had gained a few bad memories, but most of her memories here are happy ones. 

Every corner of the room reminds her of all the memories she had shared with Jennie, and everywhere she looks, everywhere she turns, all she could see are the happy times that they'd shared together. She was unable to escape. And like a moth attracted to fire, her eyes couldn't help but seek that very same person who she will be missing the most, and when she finally had her gaze set at the raven-haired girl who's currently hunched over in laughter, an overwhelming sense of regret had suddenly and unexpectedly disoriented her and left her yearning for everything to just go back to how it was even though she knows it's impossible.

This is for the best.

She chanted in her head, but the sound of Jennie's laughter echoing through the halls just made her miss everything about her even more. The petite girl's laughter doesn't even sound as cute or girly as Rosie's giggles but she couldn't fathom why the sound of it alone could make her feel so restless, how she could make her feel so worthless. She thought that she was starting to move on but just one little gesture had crumbled all of her resolve down and pull her back into despair. 

It should have been me sitting there with her, telling her some lame joke that she would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter