Time to Fly

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

Pirate ships and seven dwarves; It's what I've been dreaming before my phone alarm blared, disturbing my peaceful slumber. I wasn't ready to leave my dreamland yet and face another day of school so I sleepily grabbed my phone and swiped my fingers without looking, effectively snoozing my alarm and giving me a little more time to be sparring with captain Hook.

After a while, I woke up from my dreams and had an early surprise when I looked at my phone, only to find out that it was already seven in the morning! All traces of my sleepiness completely vanished as my brain shifted into panic mode; I hurriedly brushed my teeth and changed my clothes, not bothering to take a bath since I don't have the luxury of time to do that. Ten minutes later, I was already making my way down the stairs, yelling, "Mom! Why didn't you wake me up", as I hurriedly grabbed a banana lying on our kitchen table.

"Goodness! A few months from now and you'll already be graduating highschool! You should already learn how to wake up on time because we wouldn't be here when you're in college!" My mom, being my mom, turned the conversation again into one of her lectures and I internally rolled my eyes. I love her to death but she could be too naggy sometimes. "Bye mom!" I exclaimed and immediately headed outside our house and into my car before she could find something else to lecture me about.

I got into school in record breaking time as I went over the speed limit, and got into my first class exactly as the school buzzer got off. I usually wouldn't have cared if I was late or not but I've been trying to get my act straight these couple of weeks by going to school early to study and catch up on all the subjects that I've barely passed; I've been neglecting my studies this senior year, and the extra curriculars that I've joined just served to eat up most of my extra time and energy that I could have used to apply on studying for my classes. Now I have to double my efforts to catch up and improve my grades if I want to get into a decent college.

During recess, my daily routine is to grab lunch at the cafeteria and proceed to the library to study, do my homeworks, etc; Today, I'm reading the book I've chosen for our English reading homework which is 'The Mists Of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradley. At first I just grabbed the book for the sake of doing our homework but became hooked on the storyline as I got to delve deeper into the chapters. It's my first time reading a female-centric rendition of the infamous Arthurnian legend, and it was such a delightful discovery. What I was most fascinated by is the foreign lifestyle of the heroine, a priestess named Morgan le Fay, who struggles to save her Celtic culture and heritage from being vanquered by the new religion overtaking her country, Christianity.

Immersed in the world of medieval England, I initially ignored the vibration from my phone but eventually acquiesced to put my reading on hold when I recieved another message or two.

'Hv u talked to Steve already?'

'Pssst. whats up?'

The texts read, all sent by Rosie.

She is urging me, once again, to make up with the guys since I've been meaning to apologize to them but don't have the guts to do so. 

'I can't rn, I'll do it after class. I promise.' I replied.

'That's what u said yesterday 😑'

'But now I said I promise so I'll do it. Probably.' 

'U better! I know you can do it, just don't give up okay? And don't worry, they miss u too.'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter