Broken Hearts and Promises

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa 

It has been a weeks since Steve's party and it's also been a week since Jennie had said a word to me. I know she's mad at me but I thought it would just blow over after a few days; I didn't think she would really stay mad at me for this long because she's the type of friend who can't bare to let any arguments go unresolved and would always try to make up before the day could end.

I reminisced the first time we had an argument when we were in 6th grade. It was the time when Jennie started shedding off her baby fats and started making every boy's head turn her way. 

Boys began trying to impress her with their dumb jokes and silly gestures but one particular boy had gone over the limit by kissing her dumpling cheek out of nowhere. It may have looked sweet and adorable for an outsider but I could see that Jennie didn't like it at all.

I got so angry at what the boy did that I didn't hesitate to punch the face where those dirty lips was attached to, making him fall down on his with thud. As I was looking down at him, I felt every fiber of my body wanting to pound his face until I draw blood. I was taller than him and most of the boys in school since they haven't hit their growth spurt yet so I was confident that I could beat him senseless.

I was about to give him another piece of my knuckles when my friend suddenly got in the way to shield the boy from me and my wrath. "Lisa stop!" She yelled while looking at me like I'm the one who's in the wrong.

Really?! I couldn't believe it, I was here defending her from the scum and she chose to stand by him and protect him instead? This angered me so much that I left her there and rode the school bus home all by myself. I even refused to take any of her texts and calls and just locked myself in my room.

After dinner, I was surprised when she showed up in my room, looking like she had been crying all afternoon and the very sight of her swollen and puffy eyes made my heart sink. She looked so frail and dejected and it was all that it took for me to forget the anger that I was feeling and forget whatever it was that has gotten me angry in the first place.

I quickly ran by her side and hugged her gently, afraid that I might break her delicate body in my arms.

"I'm sorry.." She started sobbing. "..I just.." 

"shh.." I tried to shush her because I already forgave her but still, she continued explaining herself. 

"..I just didn't want you to hurt yourself because of me.." She confessed in between her sobs.

"Oh Nini...shhh, it's okay.." I hugged her more closely to me. I feel so ty for making her cry and for not considering how she even felt. I should be the one apologizing but here she was, crying her eyes out as she tries to make peace with me.

"I'm sorry too." I whispered.

...because I'll gladly get hurt for you.

I promised myself this.

Since then we had several fights and misunderstandings but nothing too serious that couldn't be resolved overnight. So why aren't we still talking even after a week had already passed?

Now I'm feeling guilty about something that I shouldn't be feeling guilty over. I hate it when she ignores me like this. Maybe I should just swallow my pride and apologize over whatever she's feeling mad about. 

So that Thursday night, I decided to pay her a visit. I didn't knock when I entered her room since she have the habit of leaving her bedroom door open. She was so focused on doing her assignment that she didn't even notice me enter so I took this opportunity to observe her silently. 

Her midnight hair was pulled up into a messy bun and I smiled at how adorable she looks. She's even wearing her dorky glasses.

She scrunched her forehead in concentration and tapped her desk with the pencil she was holding as she was pondering the problem on her book. My smile suddenly turned into a frown when I noticed that the book she's reading is our Physics book. Crap, I forgot that we have an assignment due tomorrow but that's the least of my worries now. 

"Hi." I greeted to get her attention. 

Startled, she quickly turned around. 
I saw happiness flash across her face but it quickly turned into a small frown. 

"Oh." 

Ouch. No h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter