Little Bit Stronger

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie

Sitting at the passenger seat of my boyfriend's car, I yawned probably for the tenth time already, earning me a worried look from my boyfriend who is currently driving on our way to their house. 

"Late night?" He asked. 

"Nah, I was just not able to sleep properly last night." I answered with a shake of my head. Yesterday was Christmas eve but me and my parents didn't really do anything much aside from going to a fancy restaurant for dinner since we aren't really that religious and don't practice the same Christmas traditions as most Americans do. 

"We're you nervous about having to spend Christmas with us?" 

"Sort of." I answered vaguely. I will be officially meeting the rest of his relatives tonight so I was indeed feeling a little bit nervous, but not to the point where I'll be losing some sleep because of it. It was a totally different matter.

"Don't worry, I'll be there with you all night, okay? Tito(uncle) Antonio and Tita(aunty) Rowena will surely love you. As will their evil, yet adorable twins." 

"As will I, I'm sure I'd love all those relatives of yours that you're always talking about." I chuckled as I the radio of his car. He always talks about his uncle's family for they are his only relatives here in America, and I have gotten to know a few things about them. Like how his uncle and aunty had just migrated here from the Philippines five years ago. His twin cousins were only 3 year old that time and they used to speak Tagalog, but now they could only understand a few sentences.

Another yawn escaped me, urging me to close my eyes to have a small nap for the remaining 20 minutes of our ride. The slow melody wafting through the car just lulled me further so I decided to finally give in and  indulge myself a few minutes of rest.

'..Adia I'm empty since you left me...'

My eyes snapped open as my ears tune into the song thay is currently playing on the radio.

'..I searched myself and everyone to see where we went wrong..'

As I heard this line, all traces of my sleepiness suddenly ebbed away, and I trained both of my ears to listen to the rest of this stupid song which reminds me of my best friend. I've told myself a thousand times to stop torturing myself by not dwelling on our ruined friendship, but there's just something about the song that made me want to listen to the it just a little bit longer.

**Listen to the song Adia by Sarah McLachlan

Listening to the song, it was tearing afresh some unhealed wounds that I've tried so hard to patch up. It made me momentarily feel vulnerable of all these unwanted pain inside my chest but still, I listened to it for another minute more. A fresh set of tears was now threatening to fall from my eyes but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter