Last Dance

Friends Can Break Your Heart Too (GirlxGirl) || BLACKPINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa

As I was standing there in the corner, watching my best friend dance the night away with the boy of her dreams, I felt a certain kind of calmness come over me for I knew that she finally found the right one for her. It's not just about the way they look good in each other's arms, there's also something about the way they held each other's gaze with adoring eyes. I feel happy knowing that my friend has already found someone who will treasure her the way she deserves to be.

"Got a minute to spare?" Someone spoke behind me, making me turn around to look at the source of it, and I smiled when I saw that it was none other than my ex boyfriend who had spoken to me. 

Carter is wearing a black tux with his usual handsome self and I have to say, he still looks as good as when I first saw him; maybe even a bit better looking for he now carries himself with more composure and confidence than when we were still dating.

"And your date wouldn't mind?" I voiced out my doubt; I clearly saw him dancing with another girl earlier and I don't want to be involved in any dramas.

"No. She's actually the one who told me to find another dance partner while she stretch out her sore legs." He explained without an ounce of deceitfulness.

I processed what he said and fake-gasped while giving him a knowing look. 

"Still got your heads in the gutter I see." He laughed heartily. "So.." 

"Sure. For old time's sake." I smiled and lifted my hand for him to take which he immediately did before leading me to the jam packed dance floor. 

Not even a few seconds had passed by when the song on play suddenly switched into a slow dance. 

Awkward. I have no problems with the lively dances because I could just shuffle around without us having to close the distance but slow dancing is another case; the last time we danced like that was two years ago during our sophomore years's winter formal.

At first we just stood there, unsure of what to do, but then he took the initiative and took a hold of my waist. I closed my eyes and it was as if we were transported back to a time where everything was still okay between us; once more, I found safety and comfort of his arms, making me absentmindedly ease myself to him and hold him closer to me. I finally started enjoying the moment as the calming song washed away all of my anxiousness. His strong arms held so much familiarity and even his scent still smells the same. We've already grown apart, but I now feel certain that we would always be comfortable in each other's arms because deep inside, we are still the same. Only our feelings has changed.

I finally opened my eyes when the song is nearing it's end and I caught my best friend giving me an amused look; I just smiled at her, knowing she'll pester me about this later. A few nights ago, she had implied that I might still be into Carter but I know it deep in my heart that I'm already over him.

The song finally ended and had once more switched into something lively; Carter started twirling me around, making me giggle and laugh like the old times. If there is something I love other than music and photography, then it would be dancing around like there is no tomorrow. Oh and my best friend too. Of course I love her above all.

I was suddenly twirled backwards, making me trip a little bit on my feet, and just as I thought that I would crash face down on the dance floor, I was immediately caught by a pair of two strong arms. 

Feeling confused, I looked up and I was startled to see a diffetent pair of eyes staring back at me. Donny? How?! I glanced around for Carter and saw him holding an equally confused Jennie. I realized that we had switched partner.

"Hey." He smiled. I took this opportunity to study him closely, making him shift uncomfortably under my gaze.

"Umm.. nice dress?" He attempted at casual talk and I almodt laughed out loud at his lame attempt.

Seriously, nice dress? It was the lamest of the lame but I didn't want to seem rude so I did my best to refrain myself from bur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter