SS; Nightmares

Dump the ideas┇story prompts, challenges & tips ♡

NIGHTMARE STARTERS

  • “Wake up! Wake up! It’s just a dream!”
  • “What were you dreaming about…? You were shouting…”
  • “I woke up because you were screaming so loudly.”
  • “Shh– No, no, don’t panic, love. You’re safe now.”
  • “It was so real! I swear! He/she was here!”
  • “I don’t ever want to sleep again. What if– what if I dream about that again?”
  • “If you tell me, it’ll go away. That’s what my mum/dad always told me and it’s never failed me.”
  • “Do you want to go back to sleep, or shall I make you a cup of tea?”
  • “I don’t want to go back to sleep…”
  • “I’m so scared… I can’t stop seeing what I just saw. It was so vivid!”
  • “There’s really nobody here, okay? Do you need me to show you around to prove that to you?”
  • “How do I know I’m not still dreaming? You’re acting really strangely.”
  • “Let’s get you to the shower, you’re covered in sweat.”
  • “There’s really nobody else here.”
  • “You’ve got a really bad fever. That must have caused those weird dreams.”
  • “I don’t even know what a peaceful night’s sleep is like anymore.”
  • “I can’t do this anymore. These nightmares have to stop…”
  • “Shh, it was just a bad dream. Just a dream, okay? None of it was real.”
  • “I can’t go back to sleep after that. I need coffee– no, I need a drink, a stiff one.”
  • “How long have you been having these nightmares?”
  • “I’ve had nightmares all my life, but they’ve been really bad recently.”
  • “You get so worked up before you go to sleep, maybe you should try to relax a bit more. Maybe then you’ll get some rest?”
  • “I’d kill for a peaceful night’s sleep.” 
  • “A dream catcher? Honestly? I’m not a child.”
  • “Nothing’s ever helped this. I just need to learn to live with the fact that sleeping will always be a nightmare, literally.”
  • “I’m so tired… but there’s no way I’m going back to sleep after that.”