Part 6

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The evening of the following day, Mina, Chaeyoung, and Jihyo were at the scene of the murder of Sung-Ki in Jung-Gu District. Jihyo examined the crime scene with an approach not unlike Sherlock Holmes. Even Mina was impressed with how closely she was scrutinizing the crime scene.

Jihyo looked up and at the kitchen door. "She entered from there. Probably dressed, unassumingly.” She looked up at the windows, where the apparatus of the machine gun was rigged. "She probably set that up days before hand."

"It just fired blanks," Chaeyoung replied.

"To break the windows, scare the guests make them panic, and get everyone to duck down." Jihyo shook her head. "Standard tactics of the Pink Shuriken: misdirection to isolate a target. She tends to have a… knack for the dramatic."

Mina looked at her and said, "I still can't believe you know so much about this assassin."

"Heh, comes with the territory of hunting her down for years." Jihyo sighed. "What did our dead friend have on him?"

Chaeyoung checked the report.

"Standard personal effects: wallet, his cell phone, keys. Nothing out of the ordinary."

Jihyo looked around.

"We need his phone. It might contain information we can use."

"What makes you say that?" Mina asked.

"The Pink Shuriken uses a different method to signal when her kills are complete."

Chaeyoung almost hated to ask this question but did anyway, "And that is?"

"She outlines a pink shuriken near her last victim."

Chaeyoung swallowed. "Using… what?" She somehow knew the answer.

Jihyo sighed.

"The blood of her last victim."

Chaeyoung shuddered at that notion while Mina kept a stone face, but that was only to hide the fact that she was as disturbed as the forensic researcher was.

They went to the city morgue where the late Sung-Ki was now residing. Jihyo examined the body and shook her head. "Poor man. He never stood a chance." She turned to look at Mina and Chaeyoung. "You know, I've always had a name for the Pink Shuriken's targets."

They looked at her, curiously.

"D.O.A. (dead or alive)."

One of the police officers came in the room and left a bag of Sung-Ki's personal effects with them. MiChaeng looked through the belongings and their hands touched his phone at the same time, causing Chaeyoung to still her breathing to get over the feeling of touching the ninja. She hated this feeling but Mina nodded and presented her the phone.

Chaeyoung took Sung-Ki's cell phone and started scrolling through it.

"This may be something."

"What is it?" Mina looked over her shoulder.

"He was sending a lot of texts and made a lot of calls to the same person. Discussing about some deal. That's a constant in all of the text messages," Chaeyoung said.

"Who did he send it to?" Jihyo asked.

"The name that comes up is Lee Soo Man."

Jihyo looked at the corpse and then at the duo. "Might be the next target. At the very least, we need to find him. See what he knows."

Chaeyoung pulled out her own cell phone and called Nayeon, wanting to track down the name of Lee Soo Man.

After explaining the situation, Nayeon exhaled in disbelief.

"Lee Soo Man?"

"Yeah," Chaeyoung answered.

"God, Chaeyoung, are you kidding me? He's the damn founder of SME, the biggest entertainment company in SK."

"We just need to talk to him."

"Bloody hell… all right. I'll call you back in a few."

Chaeyoung hung up.

"She's gonna look into him."

Jihyo nodded, "Right. We best be moving on, then."

They put the items back then headed for the exit of the morgue. They made it outside of the hospital where the morgue was situated when Chaeyoung's phone rang.

"Yeah, Nayeon?" she answered.

"All right, I got him. But he's already checked out of his hotel."

"Where is he?"

"He's heading for the airport. He has a flight scheduled to leave in about 2 hours."

Chaeyoung checked her watch.

"If we're gonna get to him, we have to go now."

"Chaeyoung, tread lightly. I don't need this to be an international incident."

"I think that ship sailed already."

She hung up before Nayeon could retort.

The team drove through the city streets of Seoul, trying to find Lee Soo Man. Chaeyoung used her influence to find out the kind of car that Soo-Man was driving and to find out which hotel he was staying at. They drove through the city streets, heading for Soo-Man’s hotel in hopes of intercepting him. Chaeyoung was at the wheel and kept her eyes open for Soo-Man, Jihyo kept her eyes out for the Pink Shuriken, and Mina kept her eyes on everything. The shortest of the three ladies kept driving until they came to a cross street. She looked and saw Soo-Man a few cars back on the street in front of them, just passing the intersection.

"There he is," she said, getting both Mina and Jihyo's attention.

Getting in the same lane as him after the light has changed, she followed after him as close as she could without alarming him. They weren't too far from the airport now and they were about five cars behind him, stopped at a traffic light.

"I think it’s probably best to catch him right at the airport. If we let him know we're Sokorpol, he'll be more likely to talk to us. Won't have to get into big mess." Chaeyoung suggested.

"You've got a sharp brain and a calm head on you, missy. Sokorpol needs more like you." Jihyo remarked with a smile.

"I try," Chaeyoung smiled back.

When the light changed and the first car started to cross the intersection, a truck ran the light and hit the car, catching it right across the front bumper and causing a pile up.

"Oh my… Anyone else think that timing was a little too perfect?" Chaeyoung asked.

"She's here!" Jihyo grunted out.

Mina got out of the car right away.

"Mina!" Chaeyoung opened the car door and got out, "Where are you going?!"

She didn't hear her.

Mina decided to get to Lee Soo-Man, now. If this assassin was here, that meant that Soo-Man was marked for death. She was about to the car when she saw someone wearing a hood, suddenly, standing by the driver side door of Soo-Man's car. Mina was taken by surprise for only a second by this and before she could react, the hooded assassin drew a gun with a silencer and fired two times into the car. She snarled and ran at the killer. Mina kicked her arm, taking the assailant by surprise and forcing the gun out of her hand. Mina looked and saw that Soo-Man was already dead, two perfect shots to the head.

Mina stared at the killer. Though her full face was obscured by the hood and dark sunglasses, Mina caught an elated smile on the woman's face. The hooded assassin picked up her gun and took off running, Mina giving chase until they came to an alley nearly a mile from the accident scene. When she arrived at the alley, Mina knew she followed this assassin to the correct direction but saw no sign of her quarry. She carefully walked down the alley, scanning the area to lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter