Finale

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting in the back of the ambulance, Mina opened and closed her hand to confirm that she still had feeling in it. She would heal the wounds soon enough but Chaeyoung insisted on her getting patched up for now. She relented, only because she really couldn't deny her. While she was moving her arm around, Chaeyoung walked over to her and sat down, placing a hand on top of her. Mina looked at her and smiled; she brought Chaeyoung’s hand up to lips and kissed it. The power was restored to the block and the police were preparing to load the wounded Momo into the back of the prison ambulance.

Nayeon walked up to Chaeyoung and Mina and nodded at them, "Great work."

Mina inclined her head.

"Both of you."

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded.

Jeongyeon walked up to the scene and looked at the three, uncertain of what to really say.

Nayeon looked at her, "Ms. Yoo. You're a lucky woman."

"Yeah..." Jeongyeon looked at Chaeyoung, who met her gaze with the same uncertainty. "It seems my life really was in danger. I have all of you to thank for saving me."

"I meant to have a sister like Chaeyoung but she should get credit for that last part, too," Nayeon said.

"Agreed," Mina added.

Jeongyeon’s face fell and for a moment, there was sadness in her eyes. “I know I am.”

Chaeyoung didn’t know how to react to that so she forced a smile and decided to focus on the case instead. "What are we going to do about Jinyoung?"

Nayeon nodded, "We'll get him. Sooner or later." She looked at the flash drive, "We have the evidence to take him down."

"Thanks to some unexpected help," Mina was staring at the broken Momo as they loaded her on to the ambulance.

Nayeon stared at the ambulance as it drove off, "I'm not the only one amazed she's still alive, right?"

"No," MiChaeng answered at the same time.

Momo looked at them and smiled. She even winked at them.

"What's with that woman?" Nayeon asked in sheer curiousity and amusement.

"She lost," Mina said. "Sometimes, there's nothing more reassuring than a defeat."

"Chaeyoung…" Jeongyeon interrupted as she looked at her younger sister.

Chaeyoung looked up at her.

"I… I was hoping we could talk."

The forensic researcher stared at Jeongyeon in silence.

She was silent for so long that Mina and Nayeon were certain she was about to tell her off.

When Chaeyoung broke her silence, however, she did so with a nod. "I think we should."

Mina looked at her with her indifference, masking the great surprise on her face.

“But that can wait until later. Let’s all get some rest for now.”

Jeongyeon nodded, "That's fair." She started to walk towards her boyfriend.

"Eonnie!"

She stopped and looked back at Chaeyoung.

"I'm glad we got to you in time."

Jeongyeon nodded with a smile, "Thank you." She walked over to Jimin.

Mina looked at Chaeyoung, "I'm very proud of you."

"Thanks."

Nayeon exhaled. "Let's all get some rest. We really need it."

 

 

-Two days later-

Momo was sitting in an interrogation room in the FBI office. She looked around, with a constant smile on her face. She still had some bandages from the fight with Mina but she'd survived worse. She was grateful Mina stopped where she did.

The door opened and a blonde haired agent walked in. "Ms. Momo, I'm special agent Oh Sehun with the FBI."

"Oh Sehun," Momo nodded. "May I call you 'Sehun'?"

"Uh… sure."

"I've always liked using first names. Makes things more personal, don't you think?"

Sehun stared at her in disbelief, "That is true, I suppose." He sat down, "Ms. Momo…"

"Just 'Momo,' please."

"All right. Momo, Detective Im Nayeon with Sokorpol gave us a copy of your flash drive."

"I knew she would."

"You're… a very bad woman."

"Yes, I am."

Sehun narrowed his eyes.

Momo smiled, "But that part of my life is over."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, indeed. It was all a game and I lost and, with that defeat, comes the rewards for all of you. You're about to get the truth of all of the murders I've committed, the people who hired me, and quite a few things that people don't think I know."

"Really?"

"Yes. Then, once you know everything, you're going to let me go."

Sehun was taken aback. "No. That's not going to happen."

"I find it amusing that you think you'll have a choice."

"You don't have one."

"You couldn't be more wrong. There's no other option, really. I can give you everything, including what's not on that drive under two conditions."

"And those are?"

"First, all credit for everything, my arrest, the flash drive and all of it, goes to Park Jihyo, Im Nayeon, and Son Chaeyoung."

"Second?"

"Complete immunity from all prosecution. For me, of course."

"And if we don't?"

"The public will be very sad to know that you had the ability to stop several terrorist groups because you wanted to put away one assassin."

"You… may have a point."

"I know I do."

"Can you prove any of this?"

"Of course I can. Every bit. Here's a preview: in 48 hours, a terrorist bombing is going to take place in Bahrain by a group called the Enders. However, the FBI and NSA are already closing in on them and they already have some key players arrested or terminated. I can give you the man who is really behind funding the group. He's in Palawan, Philippines. I'll give you his name and his accounts to prove all of my information is valid. Afterwards, I'll give you everything you need and you'll give me everything I want."

Sehun sat back, contemplating. It really was too good of a deal to pass up. "You are certainly sure of yourself, Momo."

Momo grinned, letting her teeth gleam. "It's what makes me an arrogant yet likeable ." She motioned towards the glass. "Make the call."

 

 

The next couple of days proved that Momo was telling the truth and, a week later, she gave all the intel she had to secure her immunity.

Two weeks after the mission to Japan, Mina, Chaeyoung, and Nayeon were in Jihyo's recovery room at the hospital in Seoul, having just informed her of all the details of the mission.

Jihyo couldn't help but laugh. "And the bleedin' got away scot-free?"

Nayeon shrugged, "The world justice system in action."

Jihyo kept laughing. "Damn that woman. I hate to admit that I like her style."

"I think that's a mutual thing we all hat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter