Part 20

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina, Chaeyoung, and Nayeon sat on the plane to Japan with nervous anticipation. Chaeyoung was literally biting her nails off; she was almost starting to feel nauseated at the idea of Momo killing her sister, though she knew seeing her wouldn't be the greatest meeting, either. She closed her eyes and remembered all the times they even attempted to straighten things out and everything she ever said to her. None of those meetings ever ended well. She hoped this one would be better. The odds weren't in her favor or her sister's.

Mina could feel Chaeyoung’s distress and saw it written all over her face. She knew Nayeon was sitting across the aisle from them but she didn't care. She put her hand on top of Chaeyoung’s. The forensic researcher looked at Mina and smiled. She also knew about the decorum they were trying to keep as well but she couldn’t care about that anymore. She leaned over and rested her head on Mina's shoulder.

"It's going to be okay," Mina whispered.

"I hope so," Chaeyoung replied.

Nayeon glanced over at them, rolled her eyes, set her paper down, and groaned, "Oh, dear God!" That got the couple's attention. "You both could not be more obvious if you tried harder."

Chaeyoung closed her eyes and shook her head. She looked back at her boss, "We didn't hide it from you, either?"

"Pfft, give me a damn break, Chaeyoung! I'm a detective, not some blind statesmen. You two were so damn obvious that I just let it ride until you two were ready to talk about it."

"Do you want us to talk about it?"

"Hell, no. Just… as long as you stay professional throughout this case."

Chaeyoung smiled a bit, "We promise."

Nayeon pulled her paper back up, "Well then, carry on."

Mina chuckled. She looked at Chaeyoung and kissed the top of her head. "We're going to save your sister."

"Thank you," Chaeyoung whispered.

"About bloody time," Nayeon muttered to herself, trying to hide her smile.

 

 

Momo was staring out of the window of her plane when she received a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Jinyoung departed for his private plane an hour ago," the female voice said on the other line.

"Where's he headed?"

"Couldn't find out."

She sat back for a few seconds then smiled.

"I know where he's going."

"He wouldn't dare!"

"We both know better. Plenty of people have tried to betray me."

"Maybe he needs to be taken care of."

"Only if he actually tries. I make no move unless one is made. Part of the contract."

"What about the Myohizaki, your sister?"

"Well, it’s about time to finish this game. In a more old school way. Mina's earned some tradition."

"You're not going to kill Yoo Jeongyeon, are you?"

"I will, but only if Mina loses."

"You're basing much of the conclusion of this business on 'only if'."

"I know. Exciting, isn't it?"

"What's your plan?"

Momo smirked.

"Endgame."

"Wait. Are you sure?"

"Yes. She did manage to kill Sana. She's earned it and I do think it's time."

"Very well. Will you need your cloak and katana?"

"Please."

"Okay." She paused. "Be cautious, Momo."

"I always am, Dahyun."

“Remember you still owe me a trip to Europe.”

Momo smiled, genuinely, “I do remember.” She hung the phone up and looked out of the window again. "One last show."

 

 

Mina and the others arrived in Japan that night, just after 11, and headed straight for Ginza District, where Jeongyeon was finishing her business deal. Nayeon drove the car as hard and fast as she could to get to the building and arrived there minutes after landing in Japan. They rushed to the top level of the office building and went toward the board room. When they rounded the corner near the board room, Chaeyoung stopped when she saw a blonde man, wearing a denim jacket, sitting and reading a magazine. She immediately recognized him: Park Jimin, Jeongyeon’s boyfriend.

Jimin looked up and stared at Chaeyoung. His eyes widened, "Chaeyoung?"

Chaeyoung exhaled, harshly. She swallowed the lump in . "Hello, Jimin."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jimin asked.

Chaeyoung opened to speak.

"Im Nayeon, Sokorpol," Nayeon interrupted. "Where is your girlfriend, Mr. Park?"

Chaeyoung looked at Nayeon, surprised she figured that out so fast.

Nayeon stared back at her, "That shocked you? After what else I already put together?"

Chaeyoung shook her head, accepting that. She looked back at Jimin. "Where's my sister?"

"Why do you need her?" Jimin asked with a lot of venom in his voice.

"We're not doing this," Nayeon declared. She looked back at Jimin, "Where is she?"

"She's in a meeting."

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "Thank you. We'll find her." She walked on with MiChaeng following her, though Chaeyoung stared at Jimin for a little longer before fully focusing on the same direction. Jimin got up and followed after them. They came to a board room where an older Chinese man was just exiting.

The man stopped and looked at Jimin, "Friends of yours, Jimin?"

"Not mine, Yixing," Jimin replied. "They're with Sokorpol, here to see Jeongyeon."

"Oh." Yixing looked at the team, seriously. "Nothing involving legal, I hope."

Mina's attention was diverted momentarily to a janitor passing by with his cleaning cart. She didn't know why but something about that caught her attention.

"I'd hate to have to go get an attorney."

"Sir," Nayeon said, "if it were anything that trivial, trust me, I'd send an email. It's a lot more serious matter than that. Now, where is Ms. Yoo?"

Yixing stared at her for a second longer then showed them inside the board room.

They walked in and Chaeyoung came to a dead stop when she saw her sister. Mina noticed that, while Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon shared the same mother genes, there were only trace similarities otherwise. Jeongyeon was a lot taller than Chaeyoung; short-haired and had this boyish charm emitting off of her.

Jeongyeon looked up, saw her younger sister, and slowly came ajar. "Chaeyoung?"

It took Chaeyoung thirty seconds to realize that she hadn't said anything. She exhaled, "Eonnie." It was hard to keep all of the anger out of her voice, even harder to keep from crying from all of the hurt she had been through because of her, but she managed well enough.

Nayeon pulled out her badge, "Ms. Yoo, I'm Im Nayeon with Sokorpol and we are glad to see you!" She paused. "For the most part."

"Really?" Jeongyeon asked. "What is this about?"

"I'd rather explain on the way out."

"I can't leave yet. I have papers to sign first."

"Sign 'em tomorrow," Chaeyoung walked toward Jeongyeon, "We need to leave. Now."

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what this is about. What are you doing here, Chaeyoung?"

"You won't believe me, if I tell you. So, for once, just trust me and I'll explain later."

Jeongyeon stared at her, examining her face.

At this point, Yixing looked at them all and slowly walked out, "I'll leave this to you, Jeongyeon."

"Thank you, Lay. I'll finish the paperwork after this is dealt with. Don't worry," Jeongyeon said.

Yixing nodded and left.

"Making promises you can't keep," Chaeyoung said. "Not the first time you've done that."

"Chaeyoung, not now!" Nayeon growled.

"What is this about?" Jeongyeon asked. "Is this the only way you can face me? You have to bring your job into it!" She looked at Mina, "And she doesn't look very Korean to me."

"Special operative." Nayeon shook her head, "Screw this. Ms. Yoo, did you know Lee Soo Man?"

"Yes. He was an old friend of mine."

"And you know he was assassinated just recently?"

"I heard he was murdered. 'Assassinated' is little bit of a stretch."

"Not in this case. He sent you some emails about some recent business with regards to SK Entertainment International, namely Park Jinyoung, correct?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter