Part 1

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a groan, Chaeyoung woke up from her dream; same dream for the past nine months. Nine months since Sokorpol (South Korea Interpol) destroyed the Myohizaki Clan and their leader was killed by one of her former pupils. It was the pupil that Chaeyoung could never forget. She sat up and rubbed her forehead. "Mina," she whispered. The dream didn't happen every night, usually once or twice a week, but it was always the same. And it was always intense.

A romantic setting, a bedroom in the moonlight, candles and rose petals all around. Her and the deadliest woman she had ever come across. She would find herself standing on the balcony and Mina would suddenly appear behind her. She would turn to say her name but Mina’s lips would be on hers before she ever got it out. Mina would pick her up, still kissing her all the while, and take her in the bedroom. Mina would place her on the bed and climb over her, leaving her short of breath and only able to whisper her name before she kissed her again.

Much to Chaeyoung’s disappointment, that was when she would usually wake up. Sometimes, however, the dream was extended a little further but, on those mornings, she would wake up in a cold sweat and out of breath. Those mornings meant a cold shower, a day of difficult focus, and her anger at Mina would grow just a little bit more each time.

A large part of it was due to how Mina left her in the first place. In her mind, she often did phrase it "she left me," which she found odd in itself. They were never a couple, Mina never said that she was in love with her, she never even gave signs to imply such and they never kissed. For the life of her, Chaeyoung couldn't figure out why she was so hung up on her. But she was. She was mad at Mina and wanted her to come back at the exact same time.

Chaeyoung did her best to ignore it most days and, usually, did a pretty good job at it. Her work at the Sokorpol office helped keep her occupied but she did have her moments. Sometimes, she would catch herself daydreaming about Mina and wondering where she is. In her most private thoughts, she would wonder how her dream would play out in reality but usually it was just a question of wondering where she was. She did think of doing searches for her, but thought it would be too dangerous. For the both of them.

She was sitting at her desk, lost in her own thoughts when a knock sounded from her door. She let out a small gasp of surprise and looked to see Im Nayeon staring at her, holding a manila folder in her hand.

"Sleeping on the job?" Nayeon asked.

"No," Chaeyoung replied. "Just… lost in thought, that's all."

"Well, I won't even try a guess as to why. Mind if I come in?"

"Yeah, sure. We can talk while I work on this report."

Nayeon came in, closed the door behind her, and stood kind of awkwardly by the chair in Chaeyoung's office. She received a promotion since the whole Myohizaki Clan deal but she stayed out of field work, deciding that she was better at intelligence gathering and organizing. She and Nayeon had spent time together since the Myohizaki incident, lunches and things of that sort, but nothing ever too serious. Their work hadn't even crossed each other's path in the nine months, save a couple of matters here and there.

Chaeyoung could tell something was different today though. Nayeon seemed nervous, quietly anxious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter